Which team do you prefer Barça to face in the CL Round of 16?

Which team do you prefer Barça to face in the CL round of 16?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pepe Silvia

Olympiacos ahead wtf?!?! You guys are wimps… I'd much rather Barca reach semis facing the strongest opponents. That way you can always feel better about lifting a trophy and opposing fans never being able to say, 'yeah you won but you faced Olympiacos'… you know, the same type of shit we say all the time when Real Madrid or Man United face an easy draw?

Pepe Silvia

Just wondering , why would some of you guys want to face City ?
Is this really a question bro? I would like to see it for the spectacle of course. Sergio Aguero, Yaya Toure, Negredo, Silva, Navas, Zabaleta, Javi Garcia. Pelligrini. Spain Internationals, Argentina Internationals. Beating Pelligrini again. Big names going against each other. ETC ETC

Cule4life

The Culest
Olympiacos ahead wtf?!?! You guys are wimps… I'd much rather Barca reach semis facing the strongest opponents. That way you can always feel better about lifting a trophy and opposing fans never being able to say, 'yeah you won but you faced Olympiacos'… you know, the same type of shit we say all the time when Real Madrid or Man United face an easy draw?

Mate this is the last chance of getting easy opponents. It would be better to go out in the QF or beyond facing easy opponents now then facing a tough opponent now and going out. That way we will atleast get more money from the CL to bolster our squad

Pepe Silvia

With all due respect my man that's a defeatist mentality, and our philosophy does not buy stock in that. The likes of Neymar, Pedro, and Alexis are ready for this type of challenge I believe. Alexis especially. Put my man Xavi in the mix tearing up the midfield like only he can and it would be a cold day for City. The last thing we want to start doing is ducking and dodging opponents. So what if Messi isn't healthy? We are Barcelona man!!! We've got other weapons and I'd like to see us take on Ars/City w/o him to build confidence in the rest of the squad so that when Leo does come back, those other supportive players will know that they once tackled serious opposition on their own and not riding Leo's coat tail. Because up until now, they have.

Maria

I don't want to play Olympiacos either, but I couldn't care less if we win the CL by beating Arsenal, Borussia, Bayern and Real or Olympiacos, Schalke, Zenit and Galatasaray.

Pepe Silvia

To each his own because there is a difference when you win facing the best opponents vs Cinderella teams. For a club big as Barca, it is EXPECTED to win those smaller clubs so it's not nearly as special as going up against the teams where there is less certainty.

Maria

To each his own because there is a difference when you win facing the best opponents vs Cinderella teams. For a club big as Barca, it is EXPECTED to win those smaller clubs so it's not nearly as special as going up against the teams where there is less certainty.

I completelly agree with this, but what I meant is that I couldn't care less about what the fans of other teams say and that you can beat only what's in front of you so if we win the CL by beating Olympiacos, Schalke, Zenit and Galatasaray then that means that those were the best teams.

Pepe Silvia

Well I guess I shouldn't care so much about what other fans say but I'd be lying if I said it doesn't make my blood boil when they try and discredit Barca's legacy in any way.

barcanuck

Was gonna vote Galatasaray to get some revenge on Drogba for his Chelsea days. Shocked to see 0 for Gala. Settled on the Greeks afterall.

barcanuck

Worst case scenarios :

City -they have a mean attack that can expose our defense with the red hot Aguero and Negredo. Tons of La Liga players in this team in the starting lineup can give us problems, luckily their defense isn't the best either.

Arsenal - they can go up and down but the addition of Ozil has inspired them no question and Giroud is a top target man who will boss our short Masche.

Worst Travel:

Zenit - Siberian winter will be cold ;)

tello

Which one, and why?

I'd like to face Leverkusen again, good memories :p

I'd like to face Arsenal again, good memories :) and I'm sure it will be a memorable confrontation. Arsenal is stronger than before and we are weaker than we used to be in Pep era so the show will be unforgetable for sure !

Home of Barca Fans