Where should Villa play?

• Central striker

Votes: 34 79.1%
  • Left winger

Votes: 9 20.9%

• Total voters

IbraFTW

Bazinga!
Villa must play CF. That's his natural position and Ibra isn't very good there and fits better into support striker role. The only thing worse than wasting Ibra by putting him to CF would be to now waste Villa too by putting him to LW. Ibra and Messi behind Villa or Messi behind Ibra and Villa. BTW, isn't there another thread asking this same question?

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
rhkf13.jpg

Right.

So he'll be back in Camp Nou to play on the left side of the attack.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Even if we play him in a central role, he will drift left anyway, as he did for Valencia and does for the national team. And it's not like it matters much, our attackers hardly ever stays in one area.

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
his natural posotion IS SS... Not sure for LW though, since he is too slow to do something much as winger...

i would like to see him up front with Ibra with Messi behind them in a free role, BUT i feel he will be LW where IMO he will be wasted there, no point having a 20+ goal a season ST playing LW to be honest

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
He played SS most in his career?

yeah.. He is at his best when there are 2 strikers in the attack, 4-4-2 classic, or 4-4-2 diamond.. Especially when the other striker is CF, and ibra SS... At Inter he was playing as SS all the time, with Crespo/Cruz/Adriano/Balotelli as CF...

IbraFTW

Bazinga!
I have a dream :) I posted this elsewhere, but this seems the most appropriate thread to ask for your opinion.

- Based on info gathered on this forum and few other sites, an attempt was made to get Villa before the last season, but for whatever reason, transfer failed.
- Pep wanted both Ibra and Villa (i.e. Ibra wasn't bought because Villa transfer failed)
- Villa is a natural CF.
- Ibra is more of SS.
- Many people who watched Ibra before think his CF role in Barca doesn't get the best out of him. It is impossible that Pep isn't aware of the same, and wasn't aware of it even before he bought Z.

To me, the only logical conclusion is that Pep wanted to have Villa, not Ibra as CF. But, since the Villa transfer failed, he tried to get the best out of what he had (let's not forget Iniesta's absence for most of the season as well as Henry's !#$@ performance) Now he can go back to original plan and have Villa at CF with Ibra as SS. This gives some reeeally interesting options in attack and puts all the players in their natural position. When things don't work as planned (poor form, injuries...), or certain games require different approach, there is Pedro and Bojan...

Does this make sense to you?

Last edited:

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
I have a dream :) I posted this elsewhere, but this seems the most appropriate thread to ask for your opinion.

- Based on info gathered on this forum and few other sites, an attempt was made to get Villa before the last season, but for whatever reason, transfer failed.
- Pep wanted both Ibra and Villa (i.e. Ibra wasn't bought because Villa transfer failed)
- Villa is a natural CF.
- Ibra is more of SS.
- Many people who watched Ibra before think his CF role in Barca doesn't get the best out of him. It is impossible that Pep isn't aware of the same, and wasn't aware of it even before he bought Z.

To me, the only logical conclusion is that Pep wanted to have Villa, not Ibra as CF. But, since the Villa transfer failed, he tried to get the best out of what he had (let's not forget Iniesta's absence for most of the season as well as Henry's !#$@ performance) Now he can go back to original plan and have Villa at CF with Ibra as SS. This gives some reeeally interesting options in attack and puts all the players in their natural position. If things don't work as planned (poor form, injuries...), or certain games require different approach, there is Pedro and Bojan...

Does this make sense to you?

Yeah... but with Cesc, what is then you position about Ibra?

Home of Barca Fans