Where are they now?

Deco

Culé since 2005
Former La Masia product where are they now and what are they doing?

Ivan de la Peña - Retired
Bojan Krkic - Retired
Marc Crosas - Retired
Giovani dos Santos - Without a club, should have stayed longer in Barca and not ruin his career by going to England
Jonathan dos Santos - Club America
Sandro Ramirez - Loan to Las Palmas, he should have been very good, should not left Malaga after one season.
Munir el Haddadi - Getafe
Carlos Aleña - Getafe
Kiko Femenia - Villarreal
Jean Marie Dongou - ?
Gael Etock - ?
Victor Vazquez - ?
Sergi Samper - Vissel Kobe
Marc Valiente - FC Goa
Cristian Tello - Al Fateh
Sergi Palencia - Los Angeles FC
Illie Sanchez - Los Angeles FC
Oriol Rosell - LA Galaxy
Ruqui Puig - LA Galaxy
Wilfrid Kaptoum - Las Palmas
Iago Falque - America de Cali
Seung-woo Lee - Suwon FC
David Babunski - Mezőkövesd
Alen Halilovic - Fortuna Sittard

Last edited:

Morten

Didn't discover it until now that Bojan retired about a month ago, if you go back 15 years, its wild to think Bojan would be retired already, and not really done much in his career.

One of the most hyped youngsters, and why wouldn't he be, he destroyed at youth level.

Marshall D Teach

Bojan Krkic - Retired
Marc Crosas - Retired
Giovani dos Santos - Without a club, should have stayed longer in Barca and not ruin his career by going to England
Sandro Ramirez - Loan to Las Palmas, he should have been very good, should not left Malaga after one season.
Carlos Aleña - Getafe
Jean Marie Dongou - ?
Gael Etock - ?
Victor Vazquez - ?
Marc Valiente - FC Goa
Oriol Rosell - LA Galaxy
Ruqui Puig - LA Galaxy

So who is today's overhyped La Masia guy destined to end up on this list?

BusiTheKing

David Babunski (who remembers this guy?) is playing for Hungarian club Mezőkövesd.
Alen Halilovic signed for Fortuna Sittard this summer.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Bojan Krkic - Retired
Marc Crosas - Retired
Carlos Aleña - Getafe
Jean Marie Dongou - ?
Gael Etock - ?
Victor Vazquez - ?
Marc Valiente - FC Goa
Oriol Rosell - LA Galaxy
Ruqui Puig - LA Galaxy
Iago Falque - America de Cali
Seung-woo Lee - Suwon FC
David Babunski - Mezőkövesd
Alen Halilovic - Fortuna Sittard

I still remember the home match against Elche, we won 3-0, it was the first match of 14/15. Munir scored and we thought he will be the next superstar.

khaled_a_d

Marc Muniesa
Jeffren
Isaac Cuenca

Marc is in 2nd division club in Qatar, while he isn't even 32.

Jeffren is playing in Thailand 2nd division.

Cuenca is long retired, his last club was in Japan back in 2020

Kind of show how Brutal football is, one serious injury and all your hopes of a half decent career are over.

Cuenca went from Barca player in 11/12 season, into retirement in 2020 after the Japanese team that was fighting relegation didn't renew him.

Munisia was our Cubarsi a decade and half ago, injury took even the chance to fight for Barca career.

As for Jeffren was scoring in Clasico in 2010 and now he is in a league he didn't know it existed. I never believed in his potential but man it is weird career. tbf to him it is partially due to him sticking around till he is 36.

Messi983

Muniesa is the one I've always liked the most and felt bad injuries have ruined his career before it even started.

Liked Cuenca too but never though he'll stay here longterm. OTOH never rated Jeffren.

Porque

Back in the airfutbol days where Toni Calvo was going to be our crack winger and Carlos Terron was the new Puyol (but better!).

There was also that Christian Ceballos kid, who got famous for doing Ronaldinho tricks and taking his shirt off with the ball on his back.

Biggest flop had to be Gai Assulin though. I remember all the new Messi talk. Then I watched him and it was like somebody running through treacle.

Joan

Speaking of Cuencas, there was also a defender in the B team relatively recently with that surname. What's happened with him?

khaled_a_d

Back in the airfutbol days where Toni Calvo was going to be our crack winger and Carlos Terron was the new Puyol (but better!).

There was also that Christian Ceballos kid, who got famous for doing Ronaldinho tricks and taking his shirt off with the ball on his back.

Biggest flop had to be Gai Assulin though. I remember all the new Messi talk. Then I watched him and it was like somebody running through treacle.

I remember I used to make embarrassingly weird ass youtube mixes using those airfutbol highlights (fought with me about too loo) and god, non of them made it. Gerard Deulofeu was the only one but even then there was like couple of Cameroonians who were rated higher him in his age group.

I use Terron as an example, from a guy where Spain and France fighting to get to someone who isn't good enough to be even Barca B player.

People see super stars and think Football is lucrative career, but god I doubt many of those made much more than regular joes when they ate in their 40's

khaled_a_d

Speaking of Cuencas, there was also a defender in the B team relatively recently with that surname. What's happened with him?

I think you mean this one.

Decent career so far, a starter in Villarreal although that speaks more of how declined they are.

He is a Carles Alena level, just different position.

Home of Barca Fans