What to do with Sergi Samper?

What should the club do with Sergi Samper's immediate future?

• Stay with Barca B in Segunda B

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Promoted to the 1st team

Votes: 37 74.0%
  • Loaned out(where?)

Votes: 10 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
F

Flavia

He was used a lot as DM in a very good way with Lucho ,he seem to know which matches is best for him to play and tbf this season Masch has shown better abilities to play the position in our system than he used to be

Roberto still did better than Masch. So did Samper, vs Apoel.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
he only excelled with 1st team when he played against very weak opponent with the very best players in the world around him

And yet he was the best performer in a midfield of the 'best players in the world around him' vs. APOEL and probably made at least the top 3 in the MOTM list for every first team start he made. If he was doing only alright with a star-studded team around him against minnows I'd understand, but in reality he was a standout performer.

We'll see though, I think his situation will become clearer as the preseason matches give us more of a sample of his place in the first team and whether going on loan would be a better option.

khaled_a_d

And yet he was the best performer in a midfield of the 'best players in the world around him' vs. APOEL and probably made at least the top 3 in the MOTM list for every first team start he made. If he was doing only alright with a star-studded team around him against minnows I'd understand, but in reality he was a standout performer.

We'll see though, I think his situation will become clearer as the preseason matches give us more of a sample of his place in the first team and whether going on loan would be a better option.

There is probably 2nd division team in Spain like Betis who was better than Apoel man ,people put too much on such one game against below average opponent
And what starts with 1st team?he started only against Apoel and 2 games against 3rd division team Huesca

serghei

He's not good enough for Barca at the moment. He could maybe get 4-5 games during the season, and some minutes here and there, but that is not good enough for a young player like he is. He should be loaned IMO.

zanela

Imagine keeping Roberto, and letting go of Samper. Tragic. But that's exactly what Barto's board is capable of.

Zangash

Banned
He's better than Roberto is currently, and he's light years ahead of him when he was promoted as the "patient midfielder" who didn't have a single through ball to his name.

Keep him with the first team, give him minutes. Mascherano shouldn't play DM and Roberto already plays such meaningless games that whether he's better than Samper or not truly doesn't matter. Some priority needs to be given to letting him get game time whenever we can and it shouldn't be about competing with other possible backups unless the unthinkable happens to Busquets.

khaled_a_d

He's better than Roberto is currently, and he's light years ahead of him when he was promoted as the "patient midfielder" who didn't have a single through ball to his name.

Keep him with the first team, give him minutes. Mascherano shouldn't play DM and Roberto already plays such meaningless games that whether he's better than Samper or not truly doesn't matter. Some priority needs to be given to letting him get game time whenever we can and it shouldn't be about competing with other possible backups unless the unthinkable happens to Busquets.

Roberto still did better than Masch. So did Samper, vs Apoel.

Mascherano offer something different as DM that Lucho like and need .He will get his games as DM .Lucho like to have different players tactically and in Lucho's Barca Mascherano gives Lucho something at midfield that non of Smaper or Roberto can offer

F

Flavia

Mascherano offer something different as DM that Lucho like and need .He will get his games as DM .Lucho like to have different players tactically and in Lucho's Barca Mascherano gives Lucho something at midfield that non of Smaper or Roberto can offer

Yeah, a weaker midfield. Masch as dm for Barça never works. When he played alongside Busquets it wasn't very good either. To each it's own, I guess. I hope Masch doesn't play dm this season.

serghei

Yeah, a weaker midfield. Masch as dm for Barça never works. When he played alongside Busquets it wasn't very good either. To each it's own, I guess. I hope Masch doesn't play dm this season.

You think Samper would be a better DM for Barca than Mascherano? We won a clasico with Mascherano at DM last season. Sure, he's not the ideal DM for this Barcelona team, not comparable to Busquets anyway, who is the best defensive midfielder in the world, but still a great player to have in that position. Samper surely is more comfortable on the ball, due to his Barca DNA, but in terms of positioning and off the ball movement, tackles, interceptions, reading of the game (mostly the parts that show the degree of maturity a player possesses, not just things related to style, flair and technique) Samper still has a lot of learning to do. Most of our La Masia prospects are technically gifted and very comortable on the ball, that can't be denied. However, there is much more involved in playing as DM, a very difficult position to master at a young age.

F

Flavia

You think Samper would be a better DM for Barca than Mascherano? We won a clasico with Mascherano at DM last season. Sure, he's not the ideal DM for this Barcelona team, not comparable to Busquets anyway, who is the best defensive midfielder in the world, but still a great player to have in that position. Samper surely is more comfortable on the ball, due to his Barca DNA, but in terms of positioning and off the ball movement, tackles, interceptions, reading of the game (mostly the parts that show the degree of maturity a player possesses, not just things related to style, flair and technique) Samper still has a lot of learning to do. Most of our La Masia prospects are technically gifted and very comortable on the ball, that can't be denied. However, there is much more involved in playing as DM, a very difficult position to master at a young age.

For clasicos samper isn't ready, but those are busi's. Samper played very well vs apoel and can give busi some rest against some sides. And I'd also avoid masch as dm in clasicos. He didn't exactly shine on that game.
Busi doesn't have a proper reserve, it's past the time to groom one.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Either keep him rotating between the A and B team or loan him out to a possession based side (preferably in La Liga or Eredivise) like Rayo

raskolnikov

For clasicos samper isn't ready, but those are busi's. Samper played very well vs apoel and can give busi some rest against some sides. And I'd also avoid masch as dm in clasicos. He didn't exactly shine on that game.
Busi doesn't have a proper reserve, it's past the time to groom one.

Sergi Roberto imo, Samper should be promoted as well.

Home of Barca Fans