What sports teams do you support/follow and why?

barcafc

football: Barça of course
Volleyball: Brazilian national team made me love this game, they're amazing :D
F1: Alonso.
tennis: Nadal.

B

Barbin

Football (Soccer) - Manchester City and Bayern Munich

Hockey - Buffalo Sabres, San Jose Sharks and Vancouver Canucks

M.L. King

The Preacher
Football:

FC Barcelona; I also like Palermo... I was also a fan of the old Arsenal team when they used to play at the legendary Highbury; I will never forget Pires's sick curved shots.

[YOUTUBE]bX8Fpi4BojA[/YOUTUBE]

What a legend the guy was.

I do not want to spoil the topic; but I have just been overwhelmed with nostalgic memories. :blush:

Basketball:

I was a huge fan of the Seattle Supersonics and I also liked the Celtics; they had an epic team in the 90's (Seattle); then, at the dawn of Payton's era, they made a brilliant trade by bringing in Ray Allen. Then, as the majority of you probably is acquainted with the Seattle Supersonics were relocated to Oklahoma. What with the team being relocated and the end of one of the greatest professional teams, I was left in the lurch. I still like the Oklahkoma team, but it is hard to cheer for the team representing a totally different franchise. It also makes me despondent over the fact that Kevin Durant, who is gonna arguably become one of the best players, if no the best, in the NBA in years to come, will not represent Seattle. Thus, Boston is for me the only remaining team in the league.

Hockey:

I'm a staunch Dallas Stars fan. We have the misfortune, however, to be led by the general manager Nieuwendyk. Man, dunno but it seems he is taking the cue from Txiki, meaning that he is totally incompetent, unable to work out any great deals; our roster is left seriously depeleted right now. And Mike Modano signed for the Red Wings.

Ski-jumping:

Janne Ahonen

matth_22

matth_22
Football

Other than Barca, i support Manchester United because i like the way the play, they have top quality players in their squad and they give young players a chance in the team.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
Football: La Liga : Barcelona of course
EPL : Man Utd.

Baseball: Atlanta Braves as the sig suggests, big fan of baseball, only American sport I follow closely, always loved the Braves...J-Hey is da next big thing !

Tennis: King Roger Federer, last semi-final loss to Novak is the U.S. open hurt bad :(

M

messi44

Barcelona and Man Utd in soccer.
Steelers in NFL and
Celtics in NBA.

Why? Mostly influenced by ratings in games. Its true. I actually wasn't a sports fan until I bought the games for the PC and picked the good teams.

mittchan82

Football: Barca's the only team I support but I'm interested in FC Seoul in the K-League.

Basketball: Los Angeles Lakers. I was born in LA and Lakers vs Bulls in teh NBA Finals was one of my first games in 91. I still remember what my parent's friend told me that day: "He (Magic) is god, but he (MJ) will be the God of NBA"

Football (NFL): Oakland Raiders. They were LA Raiders back when I started watching NFL. And somehow I ended up living in Oakland nowadays.

International football team: Republic of Korea, Taegeuk Warriors. I have more love for the Korean National team because my whole family does and they will disown me if I supported any other country team (especially Japan).

I also watch US college American Football, basketball and football matches and root for Cal Golden Bears (UC Berkeley).

migueli

football: barça (celtic, borussia dordmund and sheffield united)
basketball: barça
handball: barça
hockey: barça
motogp: pedrosa

Twizku

The Twizmeister
Football
I follow Arsenal because they seem really funny ( the players ). I also like Tottenham and the reason being, well to be honest, I don't know. Maybe it's because of "the hair pin dude" or the 2m monster. Well I follow the EPL as a whole really. So almost every team from ManU to Bolton. In La Liga I've sympathized for Atletico since 07-08. They lost and then they won. Then they won and then they lost and lost and lost. I was so happy when they won the Europa Leauge and then I was crushed when they didn't make it out of the group stages.
Ice Hockey
I watch it randomly so I can't say my favourite. I watch the WC and olympics so of course Finland is my fav ( although we aren't winning anything ) :)
MotoGP
The Doctor!
Formula 1
Since 2008 my favourite has been Sebastian Vettel. He seems nice and funny + he speaks a bit of Finnish so it's all good. I like Jaime Alguersuari ( is it written that way? ) also. When he first came ( or even now ) everybody was saying "oh he's too young" and so on and so on. So I was going to support him because I thought he needed some supporting :lol:

Generally I support the teams/drivers because of their personalitys.

Home of Barca Fans