What do you think about the possibility of hiring Mourinho as Barca's coach?

Mourinho at Barcelona?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
M

Madara Uchiha

Don't want him, but for different reasons than the rest of those here who don't. The reason I don't want him is because he's too short term for my liking. I feel that if Mourinho were to coach Barca, we'd be successful in the first 2 seasons and then have a meltdown in the third which results in him leaving and his successor having a host of problems to deal with, like what happened at Madrid.

Last edited:
L

linetty

Now that I think of it.

Why not :lol:

At least he's an actual good manager.

DrPepper

He was a translator that wasn't a translator.

In his 3 seasons with Madrid they always scored more than 100 goals. He can actually play good football when his team are the favorites, which with Barca is every match except the Clasico in Madrid. Also his teams always seem to be 100% motivated and commited. He would make Messi track back and participating in the pressing.

His Madrid team averaged about 60% possession, despite having only about ~35% in the two matches per season against us. People want more flexibility and he is just about that. There would be times when Barca look toothless against deep defences but we have problems against parked busses anyways since Guardiola's departure.

Not that I desperately want him to come, but I think the scenario of him managing Barca is very intriguing. I fear he isn't leaving Chelsea anytime soon though. Realistically a new manager can't come before 2016 because nobody wants to manage without being able to buy players.

Andrew M

You do know it was a possibility in 2008. Didn't he actually pitch his ideas to the board?

That was also a time when we were suffering an identity crisis and were conflicted about in which direction we should take our style.

I would personally never want to see him at the helm.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
You do know it was a possibility in 2008. Didn't he actually pitch his ideas to the board?

Yes he did. I remember reading that he created a powerpoint presentation for the board. They decided that although we might win it wasn't worth it as he would create 'fires' everywhere. Good decision in hindsight going for Pep, but that took guts on behalf of the board at the time.

Overall that day was a fantastic one for all connected to the club :p

Edit: Think it was in 'the making of the greatest team in the world' by Graham Hunter.

Last edited:

Andrew M

We have to keep faith with the style. At that time, 2008, everyone had doubts about the feasibility of Xavi and Iniesta in the middle. And atthat time, as now with Real, possibly the best team on the counter this century, counter attack was fashionable with Utd and Chelsea being strong.

M

maxmss

and bring Luis Figo as assistant coach. Everytime we loose we will blame it on FIFA, NATO, Taliban and god knows what else. Our players will develop victim mentality,hate each other and act like thugs on the pitch. The good thing is we can enjoy watching our team park the bus and screw that mambo-jambo creativity. Who cares!!!!The important thing is to win at any cost. The only danger is our team might implode in couple of years and become disgusting club.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
and bring Luis Figo as assistant coach. Everytime we loose we will blame it on FIFA, NATO, Taliban and god knows what else. Our players will develop victim mentality,hate each other and act like thugs on the pitch. The good thing is we can enjoy watching our team park the bus and screw that mambo-jambo creativity. Who cares!!!!The important thing is to win at any cost. The only danger is our team might implode in couple of years and become disgusting club.

Jesus Christ man.

frog-fcb

Hes an excellent coach who can get the best out of his team Hes also a master at deflecting the spotlight from.the team but i could never forgive him for his eye gouge on tito

Chainsaw

Killahead

I agree. Mourinho and Figo comeback should be a dream come true for every Cule out there. By then I hope we have a new stadium called Camp Al Qatari and a new name for the club, something like Al Barsa as well.

F

Flavia

I agree. Mourinho and Figo comeback should be a dream come true for every Cule out there. By then I hope we have a new stadium called Camp Al Qatari and a new name for the club, something like Al Barsa as well.

You forgot Laudrup, to make the best trio ever, FML :p

Home of Barca Fans