WC Qualifiers 2018 - South America

J

jiopi

That's a clear handball, and there was actually even more clear handball by Venezuelan before that.

Juan03

Stupid Higuain who's living off Messi's magic had to get a yellow and he's out the next match so Messi has now a bigger task to handle.

:banghead: Those were great finishes and Higuain has also assisted Messi on a number of occasions FWI. Besides both thank each other when either one assists, so that's a stupid comment to make.

King Leo

Banned
Argentina will have a hard match ahead on Tuesday. Higuain's managed to ruin a great performance yesterday with getting that very unnecessary yellow. I mean couldn't he just stay low-key and remember he's down to only one yellow? With Aguero and Higuain out and Levezzi not doing so well, the game against Bolivia is much harder.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
La Paz, Bolivia...Altitude of 3637 meters...Single biggest home pitch advantage in football, FIFA wussed out, there should indeed be an altitude ban above even 2000 meters

AURELIUS

No, Sabella overestimate him.

There is the Estudiantes link. He has played well despite this Rojo but I would prefer to see Zabaleta moved there onto his natural foot with Peruzzi brought in as rightback. Ansaldi as the reserve for Zabby as leftback.

AURELIUS

La Paz, Bolivia...Altitude of 3637 meters...Single biggest home pitch advantage in football, FIFA wussed out, there should indeed be an altitude ban above even 2000 meters

They had it at 2.5k which would have affected Peru and Ecuador then moved it to 3k leaving Bolivia the sole victim as it were. CONEMBOL as a whole moved to get the ban overturned apart from Brazil.

Winning in La Paz is not impossible for a well prepared team. Pekerman sent a B side to acclimatize for instance in the 2006 qualifiers and won. Maradona who opposed the altitude ban flew the team in on the morning of the match. And unsurprisingly the team could barely run.......

I still expect this side to win though and let the ball do the running and operate in short sprints.

King Leo

Banned
No easy game I tell ya, No Aguero, no Higuain. Expect the Bolivians to play rough like Peru did before them with time wasting, dives and all the anti-football stuff. Not expecting to a watch pretty match. I'm going for a tie on this one.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I remember watching the 6-1 drubbing in La Paz before the last World Cup...Argentina looked like they were playing with weights in their boots

Home of Barca Fans