Victor Font

messi2140

6racies Xavi
This guy has an unhealthy obsession with Xavi. Its like Setien running for president and telling you week in week out how great Busquets is. Here is a rundown of his sporting project :

1. Xavi
2. Xavi
3. Xavi
4. Xavi

Last edited:

Tackle

Victor Font: Even if Koeman had a great season, I wouldn't change my plans. If I became President Koeman would never be the coach.

Bin this guy quickly. No place for naive ideologues in this club.

Tackle

Victor Font: I offered my help to Bartomeu during the pandemic, but he didn't reply to my messages.

This is slimy political messaging at it's worst. What possible "help" could he be and why would Barto take the time to exchange messages with a guy insulting him all the time?

There is something off about this bloke.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Victor Font: Even if Koeman had a great season, I wouldn't change my plans. If I became President Koeman would never be the coach.

Bin this guy quickly. No place for naive ideologues in this club.

That really was a stupid statement from him. Discarding someone before he got his chance, Barca legend at that.

fergus90

Victor Font: I offered my help to Bartomeu during the pandemic, but he didn't reply to my messages.

This is slimy political messaging at it's worst. What possible "help" could he be and why would Barto take the time exchanging messages with a guy insulting him all the time?

There is something off about this guy.

Thing is I don't think that will particularly deter people from voting for him. Rosell and Bartomeu constantly slandered Laporta and ended up winning. No candidate seems particularly great but I fear Font is the only one who has put a detailed plan in place so far, so he almost wins by default.

He's put all his eggs in the Xavi basket, if that goes wrong he's fucked.

Catta

If Koeman shows improvement and a clear idea for the future, it would be idiotic to replace him. I would understand if he had Pep or Klopp lined up as replacement, but an inexperienced Xavi, that could end up really bad for Barca.

fergus90

he really said that??

It wasn't quite as brutal as the quote makes out, basically said he's a club legend and he shouldn't have to take on this challenge now without a structure or plan but should be thanked for doing so. But none of it alters his plans for 2021.

Although the way he talks about Xavi like he's the ultimate answer for everything should be serious alarm bells for anyone considering voting for his presidency.

Last edited:

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Who in their right mind would say that? What kind of stupidity is this?

Did he really say that or is it an error in translation?

Givenchy

this is why Laporta must win

Font will put an inexperienced Xavi (lol Qatar league) in charge and while Xavi is one of my favourite footballers, he needs to manage a midtable la liga team so we atleast get a better look at him. being an ex-player and legend shouldn't be enough to land the job at a club this size.

the 2nd coming of Pep isn't gonna happen, get a world class manager after Koeman clears out the old bums

Birdy

People who believe this:
He's put all his eggs in the Xavi basket, if that goes wrong he's fucked.
Maybe you have not followed Font at all.
Because he is not doing that.

Just from his recent tv3 interview:
@victor_font
: “We need a solid sporting project in all its capacities. Not just one high profile name. Not just a Xavi Hernandez as manager. You need a sporting director who can complement a Xavi Hernandez. You need a board with directors who KNOW football, NOT businessmen.”

Devils

What will probably happen:

-Koeman will lay out a promising project
-Font will get elected and replace Koeman with Xavi
-Xavi will basically be a diet Pep trying to play tiki-taka football
-The modern teams that playing with power, pressing and speed i.e. Liverpool and Bayern will pummel us
-Back to starting point

Probably the most Barca scenario ever.

Home of Barca Fans