Van Persie

Robbie

Good. I hope he realizes how good he has it at Arsenal, and that his form could evaporate Torres style the moment he joins another club.

Either way, there's no chance he would be like Nasri and chase money

Last edited:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Good. I hope he realizes how good he has it at Arsenal, and that his form could evaporate Torres style the moment he joins another club.

Either way, there's no chance he would be like Nasri and chase money

Well it's for his own good if he stays I agree, the Torres comparison works as both have always been mediocre at best for their NTs - while I think both are overrated, RVP is the better player but I wonder how much Arsenal plays to his strengths.

And the Netherlands need to stop forcing him on the side, use him as a sub or something if you must.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I don't really get the reason for that... I don't think he's a choker though. Like he has done pretty well for Arsenal in pressure matches.

He just doesn't seem to fit in. I don't think it's choking either, it's just for whatever reason he doesn't seem right in whatever systems they run, and has no chemistry with his teammates. I mean Robben might be an idiot and ballhog but he's the same everywhere, RVP just doesn't look comfortable while he does at Arsenal.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
He just doesn't seem to fit in. I don't think it's choking either, it's just for whatever reason he doesn't seem right in whatever systems they run, and has no chemistry with his teammates. I mean Robben might be an idiot and ballhog but he's the same everywhere, RVP just doesn't look comfortable while he does at Arsenal.
I remember him giving a statement... That Cesc and co. would put him through numerous times in a match, while Sneijder and co. don't. That's why he scores less is what he said. I think that is stupid

Superfly

Banned
I think with Giroud, Podolski, (possibly) M'Vila, and a CAM (Dzagoev, Belhanda, etc) Arsenal should be just as good or even better then last season w/ van persie.

Home of Barca Fans