Van Persie

Alik

He was one of the best strikers in the world. But he isn't getting any younger. I wonder how he'll perform in the WC and next season.

H

Haruko The Goon

Van Gaal will build the team around him, and he'll score 20+ goals next season. Dangerous striker indeed.

Unbiased United

Van Gaal will build the team around him, and he'll score 20+ goals next season. Dangerous striker indeed.

I agree. Good to see an Arsenal fan who isn't bitter about him (or at least will still give him the credit he deserves).

I think he'll be lethal next season. Time isn't on his side though, so I'd probably expect to see a decline after the next season or two.

H

Haruko The Goon

How many full seasons did he have? 4 mayeb 5? He's as fresh as anyone.

I bet he has better legs/knees/ankles than Rooney. Waynes been on the go now non stop, 4 competitions a season for 10 years + Plus 5 International competitions

Unbiased United

How many full seasons did he have? 4 mayeb 5? He's as fresh as anyone.

I bet he has better legs/knees/ankles than Rooney. Waynes been on the go now non stop, 4 competitions a season for 10 years + Plus 5 International competitions

True, but you wouldn't expect him to carry on at a world class level going into his mid thirties. Not to say he won't play at an high level for a good few years yet, but I mean him at his very best.

H

Haruko The Goon

He'll always be lethal. But I think 2 more seasons like you said. He'll begin to physically slow down come 33.

I expect him to still be playing at 35 though. As a squad option, like Bergkamp was.

Jesus, I remember the day we signed him. Careers come and go in the blink of an eye.

Unbiased United

He'll always be lethal. But I think 2 more seasons like you said. He'll begin to physically slow down come 33.

I expect him to still be playing at 35 though. As a squad option, like Bergkamp was.

Jesus, I remember the day we signed him. Careers come and go in the blink of an eye.

I know it's scary isn't it. I'm about the same age as him and I remember him being the promising youngster for you guys. I dread to think how old I'll feel when he retires!

H

Haruko The Goon

When he first came, he was breezing past players at such speed, with such guile and unbelievable ball control, I thought he'd be the best in the world.

Injuries definatly slowled his play down, and he never gets passed players using skill. He would have been immense as a LW/RW in the modern 4/3/3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr1DawZ3QhQ Look at the control ffs. lol Lad could have been a Balon d'Or Winner

Gilberto

He was one of the best strikers in the world. But he isn't getting any younger. I wonder how he'll perform in the WC and next season.

Van Persie will perform well, but the problem is that the other players in the Dutch NT suck lol

Van Gaal made RvP the captain of the Dutch NT so I doubt anyone else than RvP will be the new captain of Man Utd.

oggydude

Van Persie will perform well, but the problem is that the other players in the Dutch NT suck lol

Van Gaal made RvP the captain of the Dutch NT so I doubt anyone else than RvP will be the new captain of Man Utd.

Does he deserve to be captain though, I'd rather he gave it to Evra, DDG, Carrick, Evans just to ensure there is no spite between Rooney or RVP.

Gilberto

No, he doesn't deserve to be the captain of Man Utd. This will only be his second season at the club and he is not british (I think the captain should be British). Knowing van Gaal though, RvP will be the new captain.

Alik

No, he doesn't deserve to be the captain of Man Utd. This will only be his second season at the club and he is not british (I think the captain should be British). Knowing van Gaal though, RvP will be the new captain.

Third season.

But yeah, should be someone else.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

Home of Barca Fans