Valencia

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I can also recommend the Costa Tropical coastline and Almuñécar as this is one of the few towns in Spain with tropical weather where tropical fruits and spices are growing. You will find many exotic fruits and spices being sold on the market that a person from South East Asia and the tropics is familiar with.

Cádiz, one of the oldest cities in the world and officially the oldest continuously inhabited city in Spain, is also worth a visit just for the location alone.

The second most nutritious food in the world after almonds, cherimoya, usually only grows in the tropics (Southern America) but Almuñécar is the only place in Europe, apparently (maybe nearby areas as well) where this fruit is growing. A little bit of curiosity as I learned that during my trip this summer.

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20180126-the-100-most-nutritious-foods

Anyway back to Valencia, we are spamming this thread. Sorry mods.;)

Wow, the pictures of Almuñécar look really amazing! You just whetted my appetite and I might really try to get there in September! I am guessing it will be a bus trip from Granada? Ahhh, so many places and so little time (I will be in Spain just for four days)!!!

Thanks again man!!

Alik

There are such gems all over Spain and in all provinces.;) Have you visited the Montserrat Abbey yet or the many beautiful beaches north of BCN although Costa Daurada has many beautiful beaches as well such as Castelldefels, Sitges, Calafell. Visiting the pyrenees in the north is worth a trip as well. Just for the beautiful nature, fresh air and great cuisine.

Yes, I've visited Montserrat twice :)

In Costa Brava, I have visited Cadaqués, Calella de Palafrugell, Palamós, Tossa de Mar and Blanes. All of them very beautiful.

In Costa Daurada, I have been to Sitges and Castelldefels. Although Castelldefels beach does not compare to all the beaches in this list.

Haven't been on a hike to the Pyrenees yet. However I do recommend Congost de Mont Rebei, one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen, for a hike or kayaking. Also the Aïguestortes natural park.

I haven't visited the small towns, beaches, and parks outside Catalonia though.

Leo_Messi

Yes, I've visited Montserrat twice :)

In Costa Brava, I have visited Cadaqués, Calella de Palafrugell, Palamós, Tossa de Mar and Blanes. All of them very beautiful.

In Costa Daurada, I have been to Sitges and Castelldefels. Although Castelldefels beach does not compare to all the beaches in this list.

Haven't been on a hike to the Pyrenees yet. However I do recommend Congost de Mont Rebei, one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen, for a hike or kayaking. Also the Aïguestortes natural park.

I haven't visited the small towns, beaches, and parks outside Catalonia though.

Twice? Not bad. Remember being scared shitless as a child when I first visited it and spotted that Mother Mary figure who looks at you from all angles.:lol:

Those are some great spots to visit when visiting Costa Brava. I like Cadaqués, Calella de Palafrugell and Tossa de Mar of those 5 that you have mentioned but as you wrote all 5 are very beautiful.

Forgot to mention Altafulla in Costa Daurada. Been there often. if I recall, this was also were Iniesta got married.

You should really visit the Pyrenees in the spring, autumn or winter. Summer is also a good time to visit but the other 3 are better. Andorra too just for it being a tax free zone and for the roads up there and views. Not the best idea if you have motion sickness.:lol:

Yes, Congost de Mont Rebei is a fantastic little gem of a gorge. Reminds me of the Verdon Gorge in Southern France a lot.

You really should explore Spain. Even the inland (lesser known among tourists outside of Madrid but even that city is much less visited than BCN) areas have some absolute gems like Toledo, Segovia and Ávila to mention a few.

I can also recommend visiting the Balearic islands in particular Mallorca. Some stunning beaches, old cities and natural sites. The cuisine is great as well.

BTW using the train system to travel across Spain as a student or as a person with a budget is a great away to explore new cities in a quick and rather painless fashion.

Wow, the pictures of Almuñécar look really amazing! You just whetted my appetite and I might really try to get there in September! I am guessing it will be a bus trip from Granada? Ahhh, so many places and so little time (I will be in Spain just for four days)!!!

Thanks again man!!

Welcome. No biggie. Wish you a pleasant trip and to try as much of the local cuisine as possible. Always order the most popular dishes. That means that the locals approve.:lol:

Last edited:

michelco

Scoring twice in over time to dump Getafe out of copa. Then the mandatory after-game shuffle lmao

15488477538022.jpg

Leo_Messi

A great comeback and always good to see Getafe out. A more useless and soulless club is hard to find in Spain.

Do you what led to that injury? Did a player hit him or did a fan threw something at him?? Whoever did that should get a very harsh ban.

He collided with his own teammate Garay. He received 5 stiches while Garay was hospitalized the night over for observation. Both should be ready against us on Saturday though.

soul24rage

A great comeback and always good to see Getafe out. A more useless and soulless club is hard to find in Spain.

He collided with his own teammate Garay. He received 5 stiches while Garay was hospitalized the night over for observation. Both should be ready against us on Saturday though.

Ah thanks for the explanation. I thought one of the 2 situations that I mentioned happened as I just saw clips of the players fighting at the end. I'm glad none of what I mentioned happened and hopefully those injury heal fast.

michelco

His wound came open in the scuffle. It looked more hard core than it was lol. But the suspension check just arrived:

Valencia:
Diahkaby 4 games
Fernando Rodriguez (coaching staff) 1 game

Getafe:
Cabrera 4 games
Mata 2 games
Suarez 2 games

Messi983

Good comeback against Betis last night. I think they'll finish the job at Mestalla and qualify for the final.

Valencia is also doing some good things on the transfer market imo.

Yesterday they've confirmed the signing of Manu Vallejo for 5,5M€ though he'll stay on loan at Cadiz until the end of the season. Talented player, he can play as a winger of forward.

[youtube]7UlJzHlzpJ8[/youtube]

They've also signed a pre-contract with Levante winger Jason (24) who will join on a free transfer in summer. Don't think he'll become a starter but could be a good squad player. Another solid move.

Also close seems to be CB Jorge Saenz (Tenerife, 22) while Salva Ruiz could return to the club after a few years at Mallorca. This would probably mean that Lato would go on loan next season to get regular minutes.

And their next target is Joan Jordan (CM, 24) who is having a very good season for Eibar though Sevilla and other teams are also interested.

I think they'll still need to make some "bigger" signings before next season starts but overall I like the direction they're going. Valencia was usually at their best when they had a good core of young spanish talents.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Really heartening to see Valencia fighting to the end to end the game 2:2 yesterday from a 2:0 deficit. Sometimes I really feel that we (Barca) lack that never-stops-until-the-end fighting spirit. If we do, we hardly showed it.

Now they are one foot in the Copa del rey final. Nice.

Home of Barca Fans