Valencia

aaron101

I remember Peter Lim offered to buy Valencia on winter break (January) but they rejected it.

Is is really for real that he's now the owner of Valencia?

jamrock

seems he will bring in rodrigo and gomes who is already owns through his MCI group, plus two other players.

the best thing about this for valencia is that finally the stadium maybe completed and they no longer have to sell their best players ever summer, so they can start to build something

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Their summer budget is 60m. Considering Valencia already has a decent squad, they could really compete with a few strong reinforcements. This is a foundation to create something on

onzeXI

Regardless of Lim's prior reputation, it has to be good for Valencia. That club was in dire financial straits.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Can you believe its 10 years ago that they won the league plus the uefa cup.

That Valencia team in the early 00's were majestic. The midfield especially was magnificent. Albelda, Baraja Sissoko and Aimar. I loved Baraja. IMO he was the best midfielder in the world in 03-04. I wanted to sign him for us so much. Then they have the perfect balance on the flanks with Rufute the hard working right winger with good technical ability and on the left Vicente who had pace and skill in abundance.

Then in defence they had the joint best central defender in the world in Roberto Ayala plus the underrated Marchena with Aurelio and Curo Torres as the full backs. With Canizares in goal.

Up front is where they were lacking though. They has Mista, Angulo and Oliviera. Had they signed in 2002 or 2003 a Crespo or Makaay or Morientes or someone of that ilk they would have won the CL one year imo.

It would be quite apt that 10 years - a decade - is the number of years in which another la liga club outside of barca and real win the league in Atletico tonight.

In some ways Atletico winning la liga would give it a huge lift.

And they did and they made you eat your words about breaking the domination in Spanish football. 10 years my ass.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Juan Antonio Pizzi, former Barca player, got sacked from his managerial position at Valencia. I wonder why? He'd only just joined them and was doing well. Perhaps a disagreement with management and the new owners.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
The reasons behind his sacking are farcical at best. Due to the ongoing takeover, Peter Lim is pretty much clamping down on every executive and sporting aspect of the club. Jorge Mendes (a huge, corrupt football agent) has his ear and is controlling a lot of transfer activity as well as the changes in staff at the club. For example they might not be able to keep guys like Bernat or Mathieu, but Mendes is taking advantage of the fact that Lim's company owns the rights of many players in Portugal. He'll use his influence on Lim and the players to profit from the commission of several transfer moves (guys like Rodrigo, Gomes, etc.).

Also, Mendes pretty much pulls the strings of who Valencia should buy (all of them from Portugal) and played a part in getting rid of Pizzi. Now he's convinced Lim to hire his replacement, Nuno Espirito Santo who is the (relatively unknown) coach of Rio Ave in Portugal. Many takeovers can be pretty aggressive at first, I understand that much. I just hope (sadly doubt) that Lim has Valencia's best interests in mind and will give autonomy in the future so that the club can grow rather than just letting Mendes pocket off the club.

Home of Barca Fans