UEFA Europa League 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaled_a_d

For fourth in La Liga Villareal showed very little I think. Liverpool will still be relatively confident going back to Anfield I reckon. Bizarre decision not to use Sturridge though, this game was crying out for his movement.

Not like Liverpool showed a lot either tbh ,it was a boring but tactical game .

Trickykid

Did anyone watch the Sevilla match? Krohn-Dehli dislocated his kneecap Henrik Andersen style (if anyone remembers the 92 Euros...). He's turning 33 soon, meaning this could very well be the end of his career. Horrible for him, especially now that Sevilla are looking to play two finals this season. Absolutely gutted for him :(

J

Jamie Cal

For fourth in La Liga Villareal showed very little I think. Liverpool will still be relatively confident going back to Anfield I reckon. Bizarre decision not to use Sturridge though, this game was crying out for his movement.

Villarreal are very much a disciplined side that break in blocks. Liverpool were trying not to lose which was always gonna stifle Villarreal offensively. Hence why no Studge.

Second game we'll see both teams in their more optimal states.

Yannik

can't wait for another all spanish final.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
:lol: @ English fans complaining how Villarreal "showed little".

With fraction of Liverpool budget they play better football and defeated them deservedly

Must be great spending all that money and expecting nothing to show for. But I guess that goes for all English teams.

zanela

Wish to see an all primera final. Even if pool progress, I hope to God they get obliterated in the final, preferably by Sevilla. Don't like or bear to watch pool even with Klopp managing them. Can't wait for the day he escapes from the scouse misery, so I can start to follow his craft again.

Last edited:

Jenks

:lol: @ English fans complaining how Villarreal "showed little".

With fraction of Liverpool budget they play better football and defeated them deservedly

Must be great spending all that money and expecting nothing to show for. But I guess that goes for all English teams.

Villareal showed very little, as did Liverpool. The difference is Villareal are fourth in a league where the teams are supposedly all miles ahead of their English counterparts, while Liverpool is only seventh in England. So which is it, should we expect Villareal to dominate and play much better because Spanish teams are inherently better, or should we expect Liverpool to be better because they have more money? You can't have it both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans