UEFA Champions League 2014-15

zanela

Misery inflicted upon the PL in Europe is always a pleasing sight. However, with Basel conceding in the last min to Ludogorets, keeps pool very much in contention for sec. place. Ergo, their defeat today isn't as enjoyable as I'd 've liked. :thumbdown:

Schumi

Very solid performance by Real Madrid. They look ready for the Clasico.
As always, details will decide the match. I expect an open game, with two teams full of confidence. Visca Barca`

English teams (/Chelsea) don't have the level to win the UCL.

I would say that RM were excellent at times, but they also made some extremely wayward passes that were not punished largely thanks to Liverpool's sheer ineptitude and some classy defending from Varane (how I wish we had a CB like that) Having said that, I am absolutely certain that RM took this game quite lightly having us at the back of their minds. I genuinely expected Liverpool to at least take something out of them physically, but my God they were downright awful! So, due to Liverpool's weakness we cannot really say where Real Madrid actually are at the moment. You can bet your bottom dollar however that on Saturday evening they will be much more intense than they were tonight. But hopefully they repeat some of the sloppiness displayed tonight and then we will witness the difference between Iniesta-Xavi-Messi-Suarez-Neymar and Coutinho-Balotelli-Sterling-Henderson-Lallana. :lucho:

As for Chelsea, I can't really see where all this hype comes from. Sure they are better than Liverpool and Arsenal, but I am convinced that people have been vastly overrating them lately.

Neymessi

Some fans never fail to embarass themselves

[video]https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/2BF8A79ACE1136800530778517504_38ae1f7e8d7.0.0.9836 136842532839684.mp4?versionId=t9T0szBO2l1c8ElCIV5I sPkoM9VJcv32[/video]

This is a liverpool fan reacting to madrid's win while everyone was applauding.

:lol:

Antimadridista1

As for Chelsea, I can't really see where all this hype comes from. Sure they are better than Liverpool and Arsenal, but I am convinced that people have been vastly overrating them lately.

There's no hype. Mourinho can park the bus and bring any team to the semi-final with a little bit of luck, that's a fact.
He's managing Chelsea and, look at their solide defense + the quality of their midfield (Cesc & Matic) + the likes of Hazard/Oscar/Costa , they are definitely contenders for every trophy.

Schumi

There's no hype. Mourinho can park the bus and bring any team to the semi-final with a little bit of luck, that's a fact.
He's managing Chelsea and, look at their solide defense + the quality of their midfield (Cesc & Matic) + the likes of Hazard/Oscar/Costa , they are definitely contenders for every trophy.

They have conceded 8 goals in 8 games in the Prem. Man City equalized them and pressured them like hell when down to ten men. But sure, they looked awesome against Maribor!

Chainsaw

Killahead

Pepe went to Balotelli after the halftime whistle and asked for shirt swapping. Knowing Pepe it's probably a sarcastic act to say you were one of us.

Swapping shirts at the halftime. Balotelli never cease to go lower.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I wasn't really sure where to ask this but what is the big deal about Balotelli swapping shirts at half-time? Is it because his team were losing? Because nobody is getting mad at Pepe for shirt swapping, so...

Schumi

I wasn't really sure where to ask this but what is the big deal about Balotelli swapping shirts at half-time? Is it because his team were losing? Because nobody is getting mad at Pepe for shirt swapping, so...

It's the overall attitude of Balotelli over the years. The shirt-change (stupid as it was) was merely the proverbial straw.

But Liverpool have nobody but themselves to blame for the mess they find themselves in. Balotelli has been an imbecile since forever and that will never ever change. Clubs and managers (let alone scouts) who have gone for him merely proved to the world their own stupidity. It was always clear that Balo does not have the character (or brains) to be a good footballer. Liverpool's transfer committee, or scouting department or manager (whoever takes the decisions on transfers anyhow) are probably even more limited than ours.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

are probably even more limited than ours.

Given that they blew the Suarez transfer money mostly on guys who added little to the team let alone where able to replace Suarez, that might actually be the case.

Ursegor

World Champion
I'm actually fascinated how Southampton managed to sell their scrubs to Liverpool and replace them with better players while making a profit.

Pelle 6 goals vs. Lambert 0 goals.
Tadic 7 assists vs. Lalana 0 assists.
Alderweireld part of the best defense in the league vs. Lovren looking like a joke in a joke defense.

Done well to retain their real MVP as well: Schneiderlin.

Obviously replacing Espanyol failure Pochettino with Barca legend Koeman also plays its part but that has nothing to do with Liverpool of course. :coffee:

Barcadub

My champions league experience continues.

APOEL and Ajax home games done.

Flights just booked for PSG in December. €40 return :party1:

Home of Barca Fans