U.S. Città di Palermo

V

Valon

To be honest Muslera pulled some fantastic saves otherwise Palermo would've gotten at least 1 point today.

Ataraxia

Man, I wish Delio Rossi had the guts to substitute Pastore now and then...

and put who exactly ? I was one of the few who criticized him last year because I didn't think he was good enough, but this year he has improved and yes he's a still a bit overrated but he's a good player. You can bench him if you're in Barcelona or Madrid or whatever where you can put someone else instead capable of doing something. In Palermo, however, they can't. Plus all Zamparini cares about is keeping Pastore playing so his price increases.

Plus, let's not get deluded here, if you know what I mean, no matter how much you think he's hurting the team, he is definitely in the bigger picture helping them way more and one of the reasons they're considered a good team in the league.

M.L. King

The Preacher
and put who exactly ? I was one of the few who criticized him last year because I didn't think he was good enough, but this year he has improved and yes he's a still a bit overrated but he's a good player. You can bench him if you're in Barcelona or Madrid or whatever where you can put someone else instead capable of doing something. In Palermo, however, they can't. Plus all Zamparini cares about is keeping Pastore playing so his price increases.

Plus, let's not get deluded here, if you know what I mean, no matter how much you think he's hurting the team, he is definitely in the bigger picture helping them way more and one of the reasons they're considered a good team in the league.

Sure thing; he is a great player, but grossly overrated nonetehless. He has still plenty to learn, and he still hasn't got it with his fancy and totally abortive passing, muffing most of the plays. Not to mention his realisation has been absolutely dreadful. He's had countless occasions to score, and most of them were nearly impossible to miss, the latest being today against Lazio in the second minute of the game. I don't try to take away anything from him as he is clearly a quality player, but you cannot get blood out of a stone, and try to rationalise that just because he is PASTORE, he shouldn't receive the same treatment than the rest of the team. If a player is in poor daily form, then you have to sub him, no quantum physics there.

Moreover, Palermo acquired Iličić at the beginning of the season, and he is almost on a par with Pastore (yep, you didn't misread, if you think Pastore is by miles better than Josip, you have another think coming). That's why Delio Rossi can afford to sub him if he proves to be liability (don't forget Kasami; he has a more than a solid supporting cast).

V

Valon

I wanted to see Kasami on the field today but Abel getting injured ruined that but he really could've changed the midfield near the end to put him in.

N

nejcf15

yesterday match against Napoli was just awful for Palermo.. Bacinovic had a suspension, so they didn't have anyone who would play as a defensive midfielder...

Palermo has just bought former team mate of Ilicic and Bacinovic - Sinisa Andjelkovic from NK Maribor. He was best defender in 1st slovenian league at first half of season. Hopefully he'll do as good as his former teammates did :)

V

Valon

Bacinovic is an unsung hero IMO. I like him more than Ilicic tbh.

Ataraxia

Bacinovic is really nothing special. Ilicic although is also over-hyped is a much better footballer.

V

Valon

lol. bacinovic is more vital than ilicic

Indeed. Ilicic might be more talented and flashy but Bacinovic does his magic stealthy and tidy. First time I wasn't impressed by him at all but as he got more games under his belt he started impressing more and more and I knew that he was bought for a good reason.

Ataraxia

Bacinovic is their worst midfielder. Just overrated because he's young and new. Like all Palermo kids are. Even Miggliaccio is of better use.
Also Bacinovic and vital can't be put in the same sentence sorry. Vital is reserved for players like Cassani, Balzaretti, Nocerino, Pastore but not Bacinovic.

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
Bacinovic is their worst midfielder. Just overrated because he's young and new. Like all Palermo kids are. Even Miggliaccio is of better use.
Also Bacinovic and vital can't be put in the same sentence sorry. Vital is reserved for players like Cassani, Balzaretti, Nocerino, Pastore but not Bacinovic.

:lol: am sorry but you dont exactly know what you are talking about.

i will wait for valon to answer this.

Home of Barca Fans