Trincao (on loan)

xXKonan

According to Miguel Rico, the club apparently rejected offers for him with some being worth upwards of 50 Million from EPL Clubs.

Not sure how true it is even though Rico is one of if not MD's most reliable reporter. But I could actually see it, considering how he exploded and came on the scenes it seems that we were so quick to get this done that EPL clubs didn't really have much of a chance to fight us for him.

Batistuta9

According to Miguel Rico, the club apparently rejected offers for him with some being worth upwards of 50 Million from EPL Clubs.

Not sure how true it is even though Rico is one of if not MD's most reliable reporter. But I could actually see it, considering how he exploded and came on the scenes it seems that we were so quick to get this done that EPL clubs didn't really have much of a chance to fight us for him.

There might be some truth in the story. I'm surprised wolves didn't buy him before us, especially with the Jorge mendes connection. Their team is built with good young Portuguese players, Ruben neves, Diego Jota, Neto, vinagre etc

Andresito

Staff member

Feels untrue and just a way to sway the fans into believing the club did a good job signing him early.
I can't see which club would offer 50M for him at this point. It would probably be a little more reliable if the virus hadn't struck.

Plus if Barto would be offered to make a 20M profit on a player that is yet to set foot in the club he'd no doubt take it.

Messi983

At one point we should stop buying players only to make a profit on them without giving them a fair chance to show what they can do at the club.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
At one point we should stop buying players only to make a profit on them without giving them a fair chance to show what they can do at the club.

This unfortunately has become a regular theme under Bartomeu's presidency, I believe it was Cardoner who flat out said that making money from selling players would become one of the regular income sources for us. Goes to show how dire our financial situation is. What have we become.

Riordon

Feel like this guy eventually will be played as a advanced CM. He is a bit too slow for the wings but he is great in tight spaces, is very creative both with dribbling and passings. Remind me of a young Bernardo Silva or to some extend De Bruyne who both started as wingers but eventually became CM's.

vuji_31

Maybe who knows...But he is winger who plays on line , so it is big difference that position and CM.

JamDav1982

Feel like this guy eventually will be played as a advanced CM. He is a bit too slow for the wings but he is great in tight spaces, is very creative both with dribbling and passings. Remind me of a young Bernardo Silva or to some extend De Bruyne who both started as wingers but eventually became CM's.

He looks quick enough just not an absolute flyer.

Seems to have a decent right peg to put in a ball when reaches by line so out on wing with decent pace and ability to go both ways would be better than a flyer that can go one way.

Remains to be seen but if what he has shown translates to Barca first team level he will be wide player for sure.

Reminds me of taller Pires a bit from the videos.

Last edited:

Riordon

He looks quick enough just not an absolute flyer.

Seems to have a decent right peg to put in a ball when reaches by line so out on wing with decent pace and ability to go both ways would be better than a flyer that can go one way.

Remains to be seen but if what he has shown translates to Barca first team level he will be wide player for sure.

Reminds me of taller Pires a bit from the videos.

To be honest in our setup I prefer our wingers as inside forwards or atleast wingers who can get in behind and score lots of goals in the mold of Sterling, Salah, Mbappe, Son, Rashford etc etc. These guys is not for sale ofc but I prefer this type of winger instead of a more playmaking type of winger in Trincao. I can with age see Trincao turn into a more central player ala Bernardo Silva/De Bruyne.

Porque

Let's hope Setien can find something for him this season like he did with Lo Celso. Because in the current climate, that 31 million could be used in much more pressing positions.

mc_lovin

To be honest in our setup I prefer our wingers as inside forwards or atleast wingers who can get in behind and score lots of goals in the mold of Sterling, Salah, Mbappe, Son, Rashford etc etc. These guys is not for sale ofc but I prefer this type of winger instead of a more playmaking type of winger in Trincao. I can with age see Trincao turn into a more central player ala Bernardo Silva/De Bruyne.

From the little I have seen of him he looks more like a forward than a midfielder/playmaker. And hes reasonably fast, no?

Last edited:

LABarcaFan

Maybe who knows...But he is winger who plays on line , so it is big difference that position and CM.

Exactly. He is true RW who plays at the line. There is no need to play him as a CM when our other option at RW is always injured Dembele. One day, when Messi quit playing, Trincao can be used as a ACM and he has all the tools to excel at that.

HanDW

I've been watching some Braga games (You can watch some of them on Footballia.net, it's not a lot of footage, but it's better than nothing)and i have the same doubt about his future position in my head.

He can play on the line to exploit his 1v1 and provide width but in his last matches with Braga new coach he was playing a more central role with freedom (3-4-3, the fullbacks were the ones playing on the wings) with amazing results. He's nowhere near close Messi levels of playmaking obviously but he likes to drop a bit to link up and help, but his game is WAY more vertical.

imo, speed isn't what could hinder his future as a full time RW, is the quick burst of pace that world class wingers have (Hazard, Messi, young Neymar, etc). He doesn't have that, he beat players by skill, not by explosiveness.

Right now i would say that his best position would be winger, but in the future i wouldn't be surprised if he follows a similar path to Di Maria.

Last edited:

Riordon

I've been watching some Braga games (You can watch some of them on Footballia.net, it's not a lot of footage, but it's better than nothing)and i have the same doubt about his future position in my head.

He can play on the line to exploit his 1v1 and provide width but in his last matches with Braga new coach he was playing a more central role with freedom (3-4-3, the fullbacks were the ones playing on the wings) with amazing results. He's nowhere near close Messi levels of playmaking obviously but he likes to drop a bit to link up and help, but his game is WAY more vertical.

imo, speed isn't what could hinder his future as a full time RW, is the quick burst of pace that world class wingers have (Hazard, Messi, young Neymar, etc). He doesn't have that, he beat players by skill, not by explosiveness.

Right now i would say that his best position would be winger, but in the future i wouldn't be surprised if he follows a similar path to Di Maria.

Exactly my point, think the Di Maria comparison is good. Like De Bruyne and B.Silva he started on the wings and slowly were moved centrally. It has to be seen if he has the intensity and willing to put in the defensive work to play in the middle. I feel like all the top wingers today has that burst of pace: Salah, Mane, Mbappe, Sterling, Sane, Son, Neymar, Gnabry....they all have it.

Home of Barca Fans