Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Reus to Atletico? What's next, Messi to Atletico? :lol:

No idea if that's reliable, but if true that's absolutely disgusting. How many ridiculously expensive forwards do they think they need? Fucking modern football.

Calm down, buying players isn't a crime :lol:

And it's not like we don't have expensive forwards.

XaviMessiGirl

Calm down, buying players isn't a crime :lol:

And it's not like we don't have expensive forwards.

Just because we have expensive forwards doesn't mean I approve of the practice. And Madrid are worse than us anyway, at least we sold a forward to make room for Suarez. If Falcao goes to Madrid and they don't sell anyone, that's plain ridiculous. But go on thinking there's nothing wrong with modern football and the transfer market...

Just because we have expensive forwards doesn't mean I approve of the practice. And Madrid are worse than us anyway, at least we sold a forward to make room for Suarez. If Falcao goes to Madrid and they don't sell anyone, that's plain ridiculous. But go on thinking there's nothing wrong with modern football and the transfer market...

Yeah the market is inflated and players are overpriced, but that doesn't make it the end of the world.

XaviMessiGirl

Yeah the market is inflated and players are overpriced, but that doesn't make it the end of the world.

Of course not literally. :lol: But in the context of football, it is. FFP could be a solution but so far it hasn't convinced me, there need to be stricter punishments or the rich clubs will basically just laugh at it. Soon enough unless you are a club owned by a sugar daddy, you won't be able to afford to be competitive, unless you get lucky and find a few hidden gems on the cheap. You go on and on about how our CB signings are mediocre, and one of the main reasons comes down to the fact that we can't really afford better ones after having to spend 80m on Suarez. And summers before when we missed on Thiago Silva and Marquinhos because PSG came in with crazy bids, etc. Also, if it's true that we can't sign Cuadrado because we actually want to comply with FFP, that's just another example of the insanely inflated market (I don't even really want him, but that's beside the point).

Of course not literally. :lol: But in the context of football, it is. FFP could be a solution but so far it hasn't convinced me, there need to be stricter punishments or the rich clubs will basically just laugh at it. Soon enough unless you are a club owned by a sugar daddy, you won't be able to afford to be competitive. You go on and on about how our CB signings are mediocre, and the reason comes down to the fact that we can't really afford better ones after having to spend 80m on Suarez. And summers before when we missed on Thiago Silva and Marquinhos because PSG came in with crazy bids, etc. Also, if it's true that we can't sign Cuadrado because we actually want to comply with FFP, that's just another example of the insanely inflated market (I don't even really want him, but that's beside the point).

Can't really make the money argument there considering that we spent 40m on Mathieu and Vermaelen. They were anything but cheap. I doubt we couldn't afford to pay, say, 10m more than that for someone like Benatia. And let's not forget our 40m+ bids for Marquinhos. Besides, weren't we supposed to have a 120m budget?

Also, about that FFP part, only Sport is reporting it. So it's probably a load of bullshit.

Anyway, I agree that the market is fucked up, but from your reaction to the news that RM might buy Falcao, you'd think RM murdered someone :lol:

Last edited:

XaviMessiGirl

Can't really make the money argument there considering that we spent 40m on Mathieu and Vermaelen. They were anything but cheap. I doubt we couldn't afford to pay, say, 10m more than that for someone like Benatia. Besides, weren't we supposed to have a 120m budget?

But we needed 2 CB's. If we spent 40m on Benatia (one player), we wouldn't have been able to buy someone else, or we would have had to buy someone truly mediocre. 40m for those two combined, is unfortunately "cheap" in today's market. Which actually proves my point completely.

Home of Barca Fans