Transfers and Rumours - old thread

JamDav1982

Still, you can't have only the remaining three. Then you'd again need to buy/promote someone else who's willing to warm the bench.

Sergi Roberto is going to come in for whoever leaves and Song can play further forward - where he excelled for Arsenal who never trusted him at DM.

Both Cesc and Thiago are class but they are too good to warm the bench.

Meitux

Sergi Roberto is going to come in for whoever leaves and Song can play further forward - where he excelled for Arsenal who never trusted him at DM.

Both Cesc and Thiago are class but they are too good to warm the bench.
Things will get more clear from the moment Xavi steps out,for me barcelona wont be the same with either Cesc of Thiago

Newcomer

I've seen there is some discuss about the necessity of Neymar's transfer. I think he is overhyped and i'll wait to see how he'll perform in Europe. BUT, this is a kind of player you can't let if you are able to sign him.
He is a raw material and he can still be Robinho-like but can turn also on a Ronaldinho-esque (even though Ronaldinho is unique).
I saw you talking about Lucas, but he doesn't prove anything yet. In CL matches, he was awesome but struggled a bit more in French league.
I hope those two will be paying gambles for both clubs.

Jadentheman

I hated when ESPN kept saying the Neymar transfer was 75 Million. They shouldn't throw misinformation around like that or else people will believe it and go after him for it.

Richard.H

Mundo deportivo also saying that. They say his agent claimed there was no contact, but that he is on Barça's and bayern's list.

Why is Bayern linked with every player these days? I don't really understand. They already have a good squad. Why would they need all these extra strikers (lewa), extra mids (gotze), and extra defenders (koscielny)?

It seems as though they are trying to make two teams under one club.

JamDav1982

I have a theory that I have admittedly made up on my own.....

They report to have paid a 57m fee in which the majority is actually the add on fees and payments to Neymar. They have paid him that massive signing on fees in order to keep his 'wages' low and within the pay structure, not overtaking the likes of Iniesta and Xavi.

In reality he is getting paid more than them but it is hidden in the signing on fees which Barcelona do not seem to be willing to breakdown and explain as the players will see through it.

Dont know if any of that makes sense?

Robbie

Kosc has a contract until 2017, but he did publicly say that if we don't improve he might leave. I hope he stays though. He is our best player, and our defensive record without him is relegation standard.

Home of Barca Fans