Transfers and Rumours - old thread

khaled_a_d

Youth players Sergi Canos (Liverpool), Julio Pleguezuelo Selva (Arsenal) and Josima Quintero (Chelsea), all three 16, move to England. [sport]

seriously ,we have lost a lot of those kids once they complete 16 ,but other than Cesc (and may be Pique ,but he really played well after he came back) no body else has made any significant improvement ,in many cases those teams actually messed those youngster careers (see Pacheco)

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
They should be able to improve their squad big time with that kinda money. Didn't they make an offer of 40M for Lamela and Marquinhos by the way?

Z

ZiZu

They are sh*t anyways.

Famous names don't win games.

Barcelona are doubting if they will sign Monchengladbach goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen (21) already this summer or in January. [md]

Maybe they will loan Torres to us or take Pedro in exchange .

I reckon we could get Torres back to his best .

XaviMessiGirl

They should be able to improve their squad big time with that kinda money. Didn't they make an offer of 40M for Lamela and Marquinhos by the way?

Yes they did (or were going to) but then Rafa came with his own targets I believe. Don't know if they will try again.

Anyway re: Cavani I think it depends on the source, Mediaset seem more convinced he is going to go, some other papers & such are saying Napoli still don't want to let him go unless the buyout clause is met.

Z

ZiZu

Sh*t ? Cavani will be a major upgrade to this team. Fearsome attack, and hard defense. But ok, at least he's not going to RM.

Maybe he will struggle to settle or do a Torres .

Can't see any team of Jose playing free flowing football and creating loads of chances .

Z

ZiZu

YES!
Finally someone who agrees that Torres would fit in here.

I think he'd flourishback in Spain and with all our possession he'd get chances . At least he's not shot-shy like Pedro / Alexis / Iniesta and Xavi . Only Messi and Tello take load of shots .

Thankfully , Neymar shoots on sight , if he thinks he's got a chance of scoring , he will shoot . Hallelujah !

AntiMadridista

I think he'd flourishback in Spain and with all our possession he'd get chances . At least he's not shot-shy like Pedro / Alexis / Iniesta and Xavi . Only Messi and Tello take load of shots .

Thankfully , Neymar shoots on sight , if he thinks he's got a chance of scoring , he will shoot . Hallelujah !
and he already knows how to play with basically our entire team. He'd be a great option to have, especially when we need height and strength.

barcanuck

It's going to be tough for Cavani to backup Torress that's for sure. :thumbsup2:

Mou always needs a team build to the roof with stars. He wouldn't last a month at a club like Arsenal.

ceefoo

Maybe they will loan Torres to us or take Pedro in exchange .

I reckon we could get Torres back to his best .
YES!
Finally someone who agrees that Torres would fit in here.
This may change your minds:

Torres EPL 2012-13
___28 Starts
___8 Goals
___6 Assist

12% Shot Conversion

La Liga 2012-13
Alexis' Shot Conversion = 25% (8 Goals in 18 Starts)
Pedro's Shot Conversion = 17% (7 Goals in 23 Starts)
Villa's Shot Conversion = 22% (10 Goals in 17 Starts)

I wouldn't even take Torres for free. At elite level, he's finished.

Jadentheman

Barcelona are doubting if they will sign Monchengladbach goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen (21) already this summer or in January. [md]

Get in January, therfore Valdez can get his last season a farewell match and Barca can get some money from selling him instead of him leaving for free

XaviMessiGirl

Get in January, therfore Valdez can get his last season a farewell match and Barca can get some money from selling him instead of him leaving for free

I don't think anyone would pay us money for Valdes in January when they can just wait 6 more months & get him for free though.

This may change your minds:

Torres EPL 2012-13
___28 Starts
___8 Goals
___6 Assist

12% Shot Conversion

La Liga 2012-13
Alexis' Shot Conversion = 25% (8 Goals in 18 Starts)
Pedro's Shot Conversion = 17% (7 Goals in 23 Starts)
Villa's Shot Conversion = 22% (10 Goals in 17 Starts)

I wouldn't even take Torres for free. At elite level, he's finished.

The awkward moment when Alexis' shot conversion is the second highest in the team. And isn't Messi's shot conversion around 28% (meaning Alexis' is only 3% less)? :lol:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans