Transfers and Rumours - old thread

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

Would not mind to see Walcott in barça. A super fast winger than scores often, assists and dribbles.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Most recent rumors I've seen have him going either to one of the English clubs (Chelsea, Arsenal) or to Juve.

Juve would be the best option for him.

Always wondered how he would do in Barca, he would give another dimension to our attack. Hard to find players that are happy with that role tho.

Lost Nutcase

Would not mind to see Walcott in barça. A super fast winger than scores often, assists and dribbles.

Yeah, but he's selfish as hell. I think he'll be better off playing English football. Looking forward to see Neymar in Barca. No second thoughts that he and Messi would be a super lethal combination.

PearLBLacK

Banned
Walcott should not be judged on the one game he was MOTM. I thought you learned professional scouting after Alexis' wonder game and ensuing saga...

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Walcott should not be judged on the one game he was MOTM.

true. nobody should be judged on a single game or few games. but that happens very often these days.
Largely from the media, all those pundits on t.v., blogs, twitter, commentators, most of them are feeding garbage to the masses.
This explains lots of the stupidity you see from the fans. Few bad games, and someone is trash, few losses and a manager is out. Few goals and he is worth 50mil.

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

Walcott should not be judged on the one game he was MOTM. I thought you learned professional scouting after Alexis' wonder game and ensuing saga...

One game? Are you joking?
Alexis was the best player in serie A the season before barça. But in barça he can´t perform. Not the 1st time.
Your avatar has the same problem. LOL

Lunisa

in my opinion we should sign great CB and good striker

why? if i'm not mistake there's only a few great CB coming from La Masia, so according to me it's better if we sign from the other club, i always imagine that Chielleni would be a gret addition to the squad

Lionel Messi is the best striker in the world but we also need someone that can replace him, i think he need more rest even he always won't it :(

Lost Nutcase

He's staying in Brazil until the 2014 wc.

Happened to read a post that said Sandro personally flew down to Brazil to pay 20% of the transfer fee to Santos so as to block his bid over Neymar because City and PSG are after him too. Is he coming to Camp Nou after the 2014 games?

khaled_a_d

Are we likely to get anyone this window?
The squad looks complete to be honest if everyone stays healthy and we don't sell anyone. (but how likely is that? ;) )

We will probably let Cuenca move on loan and that's it .hope we get CB because we have seen that with Piqu/Puyol injury issues defense can be bad ,but that is very unlikely

P

PhilS

It would be really interesting to see that caliber of counterattacker beside Messi. But any goal scorer coming to Barca has to be able to deal with not playing in the center, and with the ego challenges of playing with Messi. This rules out almost all the most talented forwards, including Walcott.

Walcott has convinced me that he needs to play in the center. I think he should stay at Arsenal, surely he has convinced Wenger by now that he can be the answer at CF. Unless Wenger could get Falcao.

The only January addition I could see Barca making would be an experienced CB, to be the #4. How about Lescott? This would allow Bartra to go out on loan and get the playing time he needs, but leave the team with the deep depth just in case.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Rumours about Leo Baptistao being on the verge of signing for Atletico Madrid for around 6 million euros. Would be a great signing for them, especially since he'd be loaned back for the remainder of the season, thus giving him more time to develop and then settle during the summer.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Rumours about Leo Baptistao being on the verge of signing for Atletico Madrid for around 6 million euros. Would be a great signing for them, especially since he'd be loaned back for the remainder of the season, thus giving him more time to develop and then settle during the summer.
shrewd move

that means Adrian is off for huge money

Home of Barca Fans