Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Liverpool centre back Daniel Agger (28) is Vilanova's first alternative for Thiago Silva. Chelsea player David Luiz is another option. [ser]

:facepalm:

Zincubus

Banned
So who are the players we still need to get rid off?
Afeelay,Cuenca,JDS,Oier are sure things ,probably we would to sell them but would accept a loan if couldn't sell them ,Also Rodri from barca B too
Add Rafa Alcantara (deal close to Celta) ,Deulofue to players we definitely want to loan with Bartra a possibility too,Thiago is also on his way out(damn it Zubi and your buy out clauses )

I'd get rid of Pedro in a heartbeat I'm afraid . He's been largely inaffective for two years now .

Yes, something like this is possible of happening.Meanwhile i heard we made an offer for David Luiz for 35 mil but Chelsea wants 40 and up.Life goes on..:p

I'd pay whatever it takes to get him and sooner the better .

Apparently we had a bid for Luiz rejected. 35 mill euros. They want more.

As above , I'd go to €45 million easy .

40 or more thats what i read too.Really not worth so many

We NEED a good CB and everybody knows it , we are in a weak position tbh .

Who would pay even 20m for Luiz

Guess you didn't see much if him last year or more recently in the Confed cup ??

He's improved massively over the last 12 months and is a fans favourite now.

No matter who we buy, we'll end up paying through our nose. Might as well get it over with.

Exactly .

Imagine just hiw good he will be when he's training and playing alongside Puyol.

He's the NEXT Puyol :)

hardyboy

I wouldn't mind if we get luiz, he has improved a lot lately, anything less than 30 million for luiz is a good deal..

F

Flavia

Way too many injuries
Not last season. And if a good rotation system is found with masch and pique, I see no problem. Ask any liverpool supporter if they'd want to lose him. I'd take him over Luiz or Rami.

JamDav1982

Cant see how Luiz would work with Pique or Mascherano.

Under Pep Barcelona always had one CB that would break from the defence to try and win the ball back early or step out from defence with ball when in posession - Pique and Masch can play that role.

The other CB would be more defensive minded, aggressive, strong organiser who would pull in full back or cover for the other CB with more license - usually this has been Puyol.

That is what the team need to replace the Puyol type defender - lives for defending, leader, organiser. Not another Pique/Masch which Luiz is.

Pique has looked terrible trying to play as the more defensively minded CB with Bartra etc.

A CB pairing of Luiz Masch/Pique has no balance.

mixer

Liverpool centre back Daniel Agger (28) is Vilanova's first alternative for Thiago Silva. Chelsea player David Luiz is another option. [ser]

:facepalm:
Agger is actually a very good option. 10 times better than David Luiz.

I'll be happy if we get Agger or Marquinhos

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
No Agger. No Luiz. No Rami.

Thiago Silva or Marquinhos.

This is frustrating. Rosell is on board with this but convincing Tito is another thing.

Home of Barca Fans