• No

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • No preference

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
According to Catalan press, Pep Guardiola mentioned the possibility of playing Yaya Toure as a CM. Maybe to move Iniesta on the left or to relieve Xavi in certain matches.

Question is simple. Would we look good with Toure being played further up and having Busquets or even Marquez as a DM.

V

Valon

Sure why not, he can play as a CM very good, would give Xavi some rest for the not important matches.

B

blueduck

Toure and Kieta could be useful there if you come up against physical teams.

Rulz

2009 Internet Champion
I would love that. The guy is tireless so you know he well press and track back, plus his passing and ball skills are excellent.

Best thing about our team, IMO, is that it is diverse. Most players can play more than one position.

Evil

Shabazz
If we had Mascherano, or another solid DMF, then definitely yes ... BUT we don't ... and there's no better in our team for that role than Yaya. So I'd prefer we stick with the Yaya-Xavi-Iniesta midfeild with Yaya being the DMF.

Rulz

2009 Internet Champion
If we had Mascherano, or another solid DMF, then definitely yes ... BUT we don't ... and there's no better in our team for that role than Yaya. So I'd prefer we stick with the Yaya-Xavi-Iniesta midfeild with Yaya being the DMF.

They are talking about matches where one of Xavi/Iniesta is being rested. Not our starting formation.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
good option to have him play CM, he is the most diverse member of our squad and pretty much play everywhere. in the tough games we will need him to play DM for us but he should get some games playing in the middle and give xavi some rest.

Evil

Shabazz
They are talking about matches where one of Xavi/Iniesta is being rested. Not our starting formation.

My bad, didn't see that part. Yes in that case, he was really good in that position against City, Busquets does well in the DMF role at times like in the CL Final. Coming to think of it .. Busquets-Toure-Iniesta doesn't sound that bad.

Labinn

Man on fire!
I think the best position for Yaya Toure is DM.He can do good at center back,but his favourite position is DM.

Home of Barca Fans