Toughest Opponent for Prime Barca....

Which of these teams would be the toughest opponents for Prime Barca in an ultimate battle?

• Total voters

Temptation

Hypothetically, which of these great club sides of our era would be the toughest match-up for prime Barcelona?

Remember that I am not asking which of these sides is the strongest. The question is which one would create the most problems in a match against Barca. Give your opinions according to what you think would happen on the pitch rather than on paper.

Consider the very best versions of all these teams; their absolute prime.

Not including sides that have beaten or lost to Prime Barca like Mourinho's Inter or Ferguson's United coz we already know how things turned out irl.

Temptation

Peps City. Simply because he would know how to beat 2010 Pep.
Lol but for the sake of this thread, we'll pretend 2010 and 2023 Pep are different people. Both these sides didn't coexist in the same timeline which is why I made this hypothetical thread. :lol:

KingLeo10

Here's how this lamb's threads go. He'll conjure up a thread involving Barca/Barca legends and then use that as a cover to spout his diatribes.

For instance, he'll 100% find a way to wank Mourinho (it's already there in the OP but the lamb will continue to bring it up in subsequent posts).

Klopp and any sides containing Lewa and CR7 will be next in order of business.

Too predictable :lol:

Porque

Lol but for the sake of this thread, we'll pretend 2010 and 2023 Pep are different people. Both these sides didn't coexist in the same timeline which is why I made this hypothetical thread. :lol:

Hehe.

Well it can't be answered because even over a decade football has changed so much.

Take Mourinho for example. He excelled in a period of time that he was ahead of the curb while also being financially doped as the oil clubs are today. BUT if you took the young, ruthless, motivated Mourinho that broke through in European football in 2004, and dropped into todays football, he would probably be as successful. With the added adage that his abilities would be amplified by the decade of footballing knowledge in terms of tactics, speed, discipline and professionalism that we have now.

You get me.

On a purely personal point and controversially, I actually preferred LE Barca team for the 4/5 months it peaked in 2015 to any Pep team.

So to try and answer your question. With all things being equal, the peak Barcelona team playing in 2024 against every peak team playing in 2024 (with the players and managers being at the ages of these sides, so eg, a young Pep), then the answer is probably that Klopps best side would beat our best Pep side, while our peak LE side would probably beat Klopps side and every other team in that treble winning stretch.

It was the most modernly adapted Barcelona side that could play on the counter and with verticality, with arguably the peak of all of Neymar, Suarez and Messi. Incredible.

KingLeo10

Absolutely obsessed. More than half of this retard's posting history in this decade is about me. :lol:

This ugly, subhuman keeps following me around like a pet even when I make normal posts on Footballing topics.

Rent free. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Lil Temp out in full force. Keep seething, gollum.

If this thread gets to a few pages, 100% what I wrote in my post will be true. You'll find a way to wank Mourinho, Klopp, Lewa, and CR7 in whichever order. With the occasional twerk for ZZ.

Temptation

Yeah people rate certain great players and managers duh! Imagine being the biggest fanboy on the forum, dickriding a player 24/7, naming your account after a player and crying about posters rating players highly. The lack of self awareness! :lol:

This sub-zero IQ bitch won't last a day outside this echo chamber hahaha. :lol:

KingLeo10

10,000 posts on a Barca forum in less than 2 years while not being a Barca fan. All of those twerking for the usual non-Barca players/managers while camping in the GOAT's thread spouting nonsense.

And gollum wants to talk about obsessed and echo chambers :lol:

Rassvet

I'd go with 21-22 City at their best. Klopp's Liverpool probably a close second if we're talking about a two legged tie with the Anfield effect.

Temptation

I'd go with 21-22 City at their best. Klopp's Liverpool probably a close second if we're talking about a two legged tie with the Anfield effect.
Fair enough.

How do you think Ancelotti's Milan at their best would do against Barca? Some really big names there.

Home of Barca Fans