Tito responds to Guardiola's claims

F

Flavia

He had Tito's name all up in his mouth though. Tito had to respond to these accusations and set the record straight.

Pep should keep his mouth shut and worry about his own team from now on.
Pep didn't accuse Tito of anything. If you watch or read his press conference, that much is clear. Tido didn't have to respond to anything, really.

F

Flavia

I'm glad he set the record straight.

Which record? Tito just added fuel to a fight it wasn't even his. This could go on for a while, if it's up to the press. And suddenly the rm circus from last season is Barça. I don't really get how anyone could be happy with that.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Which record? Tito just added fuel to a fight it wasn't even his. This could go on for a while, if it's up to the press. And suddenly the rm circus from last season is Barça. I don't really get how anyone could be happy with that.

Apparently it is his. Pep was accusing the club of lying and Tito stood up and said no they aren't.

Most of the world just reads a headline with Pep accusing the club of using Tito's illness to hurt him and Tito had to come out and say whether it was true or not. I'm glad Rosell didn't respond.

I'm not happy at all that Pep decided at the opportune time to open up his big mouth and go on a little tirade about a club that showed him nothing but love and gratitude for his accomplishments with it.

I really hope it stops now. I'm willing to bet it does unless Pep decides to respond.

F

Flavia

Apparently it is his. Pep was accusing the club of lying and Tito stood up and said no they aren't.

Most of the world just reads a headline with Pep accusing the club of using Tito's illness to hurt him and Tito had to come out and say whether it was true or not. I'm glad Rosell didn't respond.

I'm not happy at all that Pep decided at the opportune time to open up his big mouth and go on a little tirade about a club that showed him nothing but love and gratitude for his accomplishments with it.

I really hope it stops now. I'm willing to bet it does unless Pep decides to respond.

Rosell did respond. He gave an interview last night, where he said that all pep claimed wasn't true. And if Tito had done just that I'd be fine with it. The victim card really didn't have to be played the way it was, as this can still generate more problems for Barça. I doubt anyone really cares about their relationship.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Rosell did respond. He gave an interview last night, where he said that all pep claimed wasn't true. And if Tito had done just that I'd be fine with it. The victim card really didn't have to be played the way it was, as this can still generate more problems for Barça. I doubt anyone really cares about their relationship.

I know Rosell gave an interview but he didn't get in-depth about it. I would hardly call that a proper response.

How can this generate any problems for Barcelona? I really doubt this will effect the locker-room. It may strengthen it actually.

It tarnishes Pep's reputation, not his legacy though. It paints him as a ruthless tactical genius who is out for Pep Guardiola and Pep Guardiola only.

F

Flavia

I know Rosell gave an interview but he didn't get in-depth about it. I would hardly call that a proper response.

How can this generate any problems for Barcelona? I really doubt this will effect the locker-room. It may strengthen it actually.

It tarnishes Pep's reputation, not his legacy though. It paints him as a ruthless tactical genius who is out for Pep Guardiola and Pep Guardiola only.
What depth could he get? He denied everything, all he could do. And that's what Tito should had done as well. No need to make even more drama out of it. Everyone already knew Pep didn't visit Tito when he was in ny, anyway. What does that matter to anything regarding Barça?

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
What depth could he get? He denied everything, all he could do. And that's what Tito should had done as well. No need to make even more drama out of it. Everyone already knew Pep didn't visit Tito when he was in ny, anyway. What does that matter to anything regarding Barça?

What does anything that Pep said have to do with activating Thiago's buyout clause and Bayern Munich in general?

It's not like Tito said anything before the fact to the media. He's merely responding to an accusation made by Pep.

It's really unfortunate that Pep went this route.

Me disliking Rosell wasn't based off this, it's just his entire presidency I don't favor and I was arguing against people who would get up and start supporting Rosell just to spite Pep for the Thiago saga. Your posts come off very anti-Pep, not even trying to bring balance but just aim against Pep and victimize Tito/Rosell. If you were looking to balance both sides it'd be more reasonable to acknowledge both sides doing wrong but you clearly mask the points of the other side just to support yours against Pep.

As for the not visiting thing, there are so many factors to consider that you can't so easily blame Pep for having all that time and not using it to visit Tito. Tito was probably often busy communicating with Barca management about things and we don't know everything Pep was up to during his stay there.

"As for the not visiting thing, there are so many factors to consider that you can't so easily blame Pep for having all that time and not using it to visit Tito"

I wish that you would apply this same judgement when it comes To Rosell or Tito. Because, if you really believe no one can be blamed for anything until everything comes to light, you would have no reason to blame Rosell for anything at all. Everything that you could possibly think of, that could make you dislike Rosell, is not based on facts but simply " ignored" factors that could explain an event on a different light.

** If you believe that Pep shouldn't be blamed for his actions, you automatically admit that Rosell shouldn't be blamed for any of his actions either b.c we simply don't have all the factors or variables to know the truth.

And if this is the case, then you have 0 reasons to blame Rosell ( b.c all those things that you always believed Rosell is to be blamed for, well, you don't have all the factors to know if Rosell is really to be blamed for them).

Therefore, you have now 0 reasons to dislike Rosell at all.

Clockwise

Buccaneer
Here's the point I'm trying to make:

-We don't know what Rosell did to aggravate Pep in the first place
-We don't know what happened in New York between Tito and Pep, or the reasons as to why Pep couldn't visit much (which could've been on behalf of both sides)
-We don't know what Pep, Tito, or Rosell are trying to accomplish by saying these things

Yet despite all of these unknown variables you can so confidently come to the conclusion that Pep is the bad guy in all of this and that he should be accused for everything. And don't give me the whole "trying to get fair trial for both sides" story because clearly you are targeting and lashing out at Pep for this. You can't pretend you know the reasons behind it all or that the "evidence" is in your favor and anything else is speculation, because your reasoning is very much one sided and based on conspiracies. Whether or not people like Tito or Rosell is an entirely different matter and has to do with different things, but many of you are simply targeting Pep for this saga with Thiago and the press conferences with little basis and a lot of bitterness.

Whatever the reasons of Pep maybe, it was wrong to pull it out on the club deliberately in a press conference, mourinho style, and try more to look like a victim instead of trying to clear things up. if you compare Tito's and Pep's comments you'll see that tito tried more to walk the middle instead of falling off one edge and his answers were merely to Pep's conference and nothing more. I am afraid Pep lost it for his hate for Rosell and made himself look like a fool. IF he was displeased of what rosell said he should have dealt with it privately instead of throwing it out for everyone to see and create an unwanted beef between two clubs that has been respectful to one another

Last edited:

SwiftGuyver

wow. this has really got ugly. such a shame.

obviously we don't know all the facts, we all know there will be plenty of things said and done behind closed doors etc...

Pep is a Barca legend but he is not perfect, he is human and judging this situation on what has been said/done in public i personally think he has acted poorly. we all know he is capable of being a very classy individual but we also know he can be very stubborn. making those comments in a press conference was a shady move and i can't believe he only had time to visit Tito once or twice in the space of 2-3 months!

Whatever the reasons of Pep maybe, it was wrong to pull it out on the club deliberately in a press conference, mourinho style, and try more to look like a victim instead of trying to clear things up. if you compare Tito's and Pep's comments you'll see that tito tried more to walk the middle instead of falling off one edge and his answers were merely to Pep's conference and nothing more. I am afraid Pep lost it for his hate for Rosell and made himself look like a fool. IF he was displeased of what rosell said he should have dealt with it privately instead of throwing it out for everyone to see and create an unwanted beef between two clubs that has been respectful to one another

AMEN!

DivineVisitor

The Right One ⇩
Pep's fooling everyone, it's all being done on purpose to fire up the players for the inevitable Champions League rematch :pep:

Home of Barca Fans