Thomas Partey

Messi983

He would replace Busi in the lineup but I think he could also play a box-to-box midfielder role for us. It's up to the coach to find the right positions/roles for them but I think Partey and FDJ would work really well together.

Something like this wouldn't look too terrible (compared to what we have now).

MATS
Semedo-Pique-Lenglet-Alba
Pjanić-FDJ-Partey
-------Messi-------
Lautaro---Griezmann

Defensively we would be more solid with two players who can put pressure upfront and compensate for Messi's lack of movement. Pjanić could help Messi to create chances with less defensive tasks (with Semedo and Lautaro helping him out defensively on his side) while Partey (and Griezmann) would cover for Alba going forward. I know people want us to play offensively in every game but if we want to win anything we first should again find a defensive stability. And the first step in that direction is removing Busi and Suarez from the lineup.

If they would accept their new roles they could still be good players coming off the bench (and of course they would still start occasionally but not in big games) alongside Roberto and youngsters Puig, Alena/Pedri, Fati, Trincao.

But we know nothing like this will happen.

Vilarrubi

He would replace Busi in the lineup but I think he could also play a box-to-box midfielder role for us. It's up to the coach to find the right positions/roles for them but I think Partey and FDJ would work really well together.

MATS
Pjanić-FDJ-Partey
-------Messi-------
Lautaro---Griezmann

Defensively we would be more solid with two players who can put pressure upfront and compensate for Messi's lack of movement. Pjanić could help Messi to create chances with less defensive tasks (with Semedo and Lautaro helping him out defensively on his side) while Partey (and Griezmann) would cover for Alba going forward. I know people want us to play offensively in every game but if we want to win anything we first should again find a defensive stability. And the first step in that direction is removing Busi and Suarez from the lineup.

If they would accept their new roles they could still be good players coming off the bench (and of course they would still start occasionally but not in big games) alongside Roberto and youngsters Puig, Alena/Pedri, Fati, Trincao.

Decent lineup that. Would you not have Griezmann as right striker instead because of left foot?

Messi983

Decent lineup that. Would you not have Griezmann as right striker instead because of left foot?

I'm just more used of him playing on the left but of course he could easily interchange positions with Lautaro during the games. And including Griez/Lautaro dropping back with Messi staying closer to the goal where he would hopefully find his killer instinct again. His finishing has been rather poor lately with him being involved and concentrating so much on the buildups but if we'd surround him with players with fresher legs/better movement and also let Pjanić helping him in creativity department he would probably start to score more again. And we'd need his goals because Griezmann and Lautaro are both 20 goals/season players at best and we can't count on too much goals from our midfielders and defenders either. Which is another problem we've had for years and while Vidal and Paulinho did have a solid production we could really used what Coutinho was supposed to be -a consistent 10 goals and 10 assists midfielder. We probably won't have one as long as Messi is here and every attack has to go through him though.

FinBarcelonafan

MATS
Pjanić-FDJ-Partey
-------Messi-------
Lautaro---Griezmann

I think that's a team which could win CL. Not by outscoring opponents but playing solid football and tough to play vs.

gasgas

MATS
Pjanić-FDJ-Partey
-------Messi-------
Lautaro---Griezmann

Width?

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
I think that's a team which could win CL. Not by outscoring opponents but playing solid football and tough to play vs.

don't see that at all, you're relying on a past it alba and semedo for width. we're going to have close to no penetration especially if we get pressed due to no real outlet (no pace or threats on the break).

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
El Arsenal le ha comunicado de forma oficial al Atl?tico de Madrid que NO pagar? la cl?usula de Thomas Partey.

El Atl?tico no negociar? y el Arsenal les ha dicho OFICIALMENTE que no pagar?n la cl?usula de 50 millones @dvinuesa

Arsenal won't pay the clause and will instead negotiate with Atleti.

Messigician

Why don't we get him tho.

Insane stamina and energy/workrate and actually can track back to defend.

Insanity that one of the more no brainer signings is being ignored for Martinez

FinBarcelonafan

Why don't we get him tho.

Insane stamina and energy/workrate and actually can track back to defend.

Insanity that one of the more no brainer signings is being ignored for Martinez

True. Exactly type of guy we could use with FDJ and Pjanic. Add some legs to our midfield becaude our offense is so passive. We need prime Kante really..

FinBarcelonafan

True we will find out if he is abouy money. I am shocked if he leaves Atletico. They pay their players pretty well too. What a downdtep it would be for him

Home of Barca Fans