Thomas Partey

Rory

Can we stop this Messi #10 nonsense?

I get what you're saying but 4-2-3-1 with Frenkie-Partey double pivot, a hard-working ST and wingers with Messi as CAM could actually work/ get the best of him and the team. Otherwise he keeps to the right and that whole side is attacked all game.

Rory

Probably better to have Griezmann (assuming he's staying) as CAM and Messi on the right, Griezmann and Partey covering some of the running for Messi.

mc_lovin

Played as a CAM in the World cup with success

I wouldnt draw conclusions from national football, but whatever:
1) France was defensive as fuck: as a result there was more space to play forward than we normally have
2) I would rather classify his position for them as 2nd striker though, maybe looking like CAM as a result of 1)
3) He scored 4 goals (3 of them penalties and 1 goalkeeper error, hardly impressive), his assists were largely standard situations (he still looked very sharp to be fair)

Unpopular opinion:
Arthur-Busquets-Frenkie is a good enough midfield for another season. If we get Partey (or similar, I dont think he would consider us) and let Alena and Puig battle out the CAM position (for depth) we are well covered. No need for weird experiments like Griezmann/Messi in midfield.

Rory

I wouldnt draw conclusions from national football, but whatever:
1) France was defensive as fuck: as a result there was more space to play forward than we normally have
2) I would rather classify his position for them as 2nd striker though, maybe looking like CAM as a result of 1)
3) He scored 4 goals (3 of them penalties and 1 goalkeeper error, hardly impressive), his assists were largely standard situations (he still looked very sharp to be fair)

Unpopular opinion:
Arthur-Busquets-Frenkie is a good enough midfield for another season. If we get Partey (or similar, I dont think he would consider us) and let Alena and Puig battle out the CAM position (for depth) we are well covered. No need for weird experiments like Griezmann/Messi in midfield.

Didn't draw conclusions, said it would probably be better playing him there, reason being is that space usually requires more running. Putting Griezmann there in the first place is only on the condition of signing someone like Partey. And tbh our "style" needs changing anyway, not a complete shift but a moderate one where we actually play to the strengths of signings. France had 68% possession vs Denmark, 62% vs Uruguay in other games they only had around 35% so to me that shows he's capable of playing that role in possession based teams and defensive.

Arthur has shown to be unreliable, far too many injuries. Busquets isn't elite enough anymore and won't be next year. Puig is poor, I'd give Aleña a try in that system but he's hardly an upgrade on Griezmann.

Messi983

[tw]1239118489664790528[/tw]

What I like:

1. no Neymar. I would already be ok with our transfer window as long as he's not coming back regardles of what other moves we'll do.

2. a physical midfielder. I really hope we'll get someone like Partey for 50m instead of Fabian for twice the price (I like Fabian but he's just overpriced)

What I don't like:
1. a LB - as much as I'd like him gone Alba is not going anywhere with 4 years still left on his contract :banghead: so wouldn't make much sense to bring another backup level LB. We won't get a starter as long as he's here because other players know they won't play much. I also like Firpo and think he deserves another season.

2. a left CB - I suppose this means a left-footed CB. I support selling Umtiti (Lenglet is much more reliable to stay healthy and he's good as a 3rd/4th CB) but why limit our chances and go for another leftie? Since when is having two lefties such an obssesion for us? Puyol and Masche were both right-footed and played well as LCB. Sign the best possible CB we can get for whatever we're willing to spend on a position regardless if he's left or right-footed. Also, we need to get a longterm replacement for Pique as it seems the club doesn't really count on Todibo and if S04 won't use their buy option we'll probably just loan/sell him with buy back again. As I've said many times already my priority is Upamecano and despite being right-footed he usually plays as a LCB for RBL so hopefully he fits our "criteria".

3. Lautaro - still don't like him for that overpriced transfer fee and big wages but it seems we'll get him so hopefully we'll manage to negotiate a better deal than currently reported (150m and wages in Griezmann's range) and he'll turn out better than our other 100m+ signings. But he'll probably need to rotate with Griezmann as a LW because amigos always need to play. :messi:

vuji_31

Clause is 111 millions. If he signs new deal it will be 150.

But it sill not happen.

Inter can only dream about 150.

I think we will get him for 80 millions plus Vidal and one player like Todibo

Home of Barca Fans