Thomas Lemar

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's not as simple as quality players growing on trees and being dropped down every year for clubs to sign them.

There are not that many players who are at that level or got the potential to reach it.

Who would know it better than us who signed Gomes and Arda the last few years.

I've said it a dozen times. If you want to make up excuses all the time and accept mediocrity then so be it. Don't push that on me.

'But oh it's not their fault' 'But we can sign players next year' We will find quality players that fit our system and sign them for reasonable fees next year'.

Yeah, keep living in your bubble until it bursts and you fall flat on your face.

Last edited:

Garrus

It's not as simple as quality players growing on trees and being dropped down every year for clubs to sign them.

There are not that many players who are at that level or got the potential to reach it.

Who would know it better than us who signed Gomes and Arda the last few years.
You can't brute force a player to fit for us, Just because we're very desperate now.
Most of his good performances at Monaco came from the left wing which isn't what we need now, His ability to play in the midfield might be adequate enough for an EPL team like arsenal, But not for barca.

They guy has been one of the best players at Monaco last season, Yet I hardly ever remember anyone considered him to be a good fit for us, And I don't see any reason why this should suddenly change one day before the window ends.

khaled_a_d

James went to Real Madrid for 80m based on his performances in the World Cup. He was already a good player before, but would have cost less before it.

What if there are not any viable options next year and the ones that remain, does well in the World Cup like that so their prices go up to the double of what they would originally cost?

You said all summer things would be under control and here we are. Next year it'll be even worse.

One of the midfielders we could have signed just went to Liverpool for 50-60m in a transfer that will happen next year.

There goes your planning and there goes your scouting for players suitable for us.

And people thinking the board will get ousted are wishing for a miracle not knowing what happened in 2008.

When Laporta survived back then, it set a precedent for what will happen now with the press backing the board.

If I get it correctly, you are having around 5 arguments in replay to one simple sentence.
yes some players has their value increase after WC, but as years goes WC effect decreases. prices are crazy by itself and there is almost no need for WC to drive prices up.
You made a statement with no proof about history and I replied to it. from 2001 to 2017 the year before the WC has been usually more crazy. In 2009 & 2010 things actually got down.

Givenchy

just heard on sky sports Lemar doesn't want to join Arsenal :lol: wants Liverpool move instead which leaves Coutinho to Barca hopefully

Thiago10

just heard on sky sports Lemar doesn't want to join Arsenal :lol: wants Liverpool move instead which leaves Coutinho to Barca hopefully

Wouldn't blame him, Arsenal is a sinking ship (even more so than we are). But still I don't see it happening, apparently Monaco won't let him go.

Thiago10

Don't understand why Liverpool aren't forcing this one. Surely having Lemar would be better for them than a pissed off Coutinho?

JamDav1982

Don't understand why Liverpool aren't forcing this one. Surely having Lemar would be better for them than a pissed off Coutinho?

Coutinho is by far their best creative player from midfield and they have a heap of options out wide in team already.

If I was them would rather have Coutinho than 50m and Lemar.

Home of Barca Fans