Thierry Henry

Trequartista

The good
Everyone in the treble winning squad is a legend, even Albert Jokera.

Gleb at the Camp Nou today would be just
hlebbedorig.jpg

J

Jordzibob

:lol: Fuck Hleb. Didnt he come out in an interview and say he didnt enjoy winning the treble because he didnt play a big part in it?

Aasim

Bumbleman
According to some reports,Henry will be at the Camp Nou today with Marquez,if so it will be epic,I really love this guy,a living legend but he attended Spurs vs Arsenal,watched yesterday Nadal vs Fed,they play a game every one month at MLS or what?

MLS season has finished.

It will be nice to see him, Rafa and Eto'o there. Bring back the memories.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Came across an old FourFourTwo interview with Titi, a few good excerpts to share:

What’s the most mind-boggling English habit you’ve encountered?
Rose Simons, via e-mail

Ketchup! Ketchup here, ketchup there, you put ketchup on everything! Don’t you want to taste the food? [Laughs] I’ve got a friend here, and if you give him spaghetti bolognese he’ll put ketchup on it. Any kind of food, he’ll put ketchup on it. I say to him “If you like it so much, drink it! Put a straw in the bottle, go for it!”

The other thing is gravy – all over the food, all over the plate until you can see nothing but gravy. At Arsenal we have a masseur who is just extraordinary. He takes his plate, and fills it with a bit of everything, everything on the same plate! He puts his starter on one side, then some mashed potato, some pasta, some rice. Then he slaps a bit of meat on top of it all and drowns it in sauce.

I say to him “Put your starter on one plate and then get up and go and get another one for your main dish?” I mean, if it’s a pre-match meal, OK, you might take a bit of pasta and a bit of rice on the same plate. Or if it’s an English breakfast, then you have several things that go together. But when I see them sometimes with their plates with salads, pasta, meat, sauce all together, you just have to laugh.

You’ve never been known for diving and, indeed, attacked Barça’s players for doing so, yet during the World Cup, Carlos Puyol brushed your chest and you went down clutching your face. Did you make a conscious decision to go to ground, and do you regret it now?
Paul, Sydney

OK, this is a very simple one. Carlos Puyol is a nice guy but there was foul after foul after foul, and the referee didn’t have the guts to do what needed doing. In the end I was being penalised because I wasn’t going down. In the Champions League Final, he committed two really big fouls on me, but I didn’t go down and he didn’t get the card he deserved.

After a while I turned to the referee and said “OK, you can wave play on, but you have the power to come back to the foul once the ball is out of play.” He said “Yes, but you didn’t go down.” What’s that got to do with it? First half of our match at the World Cup, when the ball’s not even near us, he comes across and elbows me. I looked at the referee and he said “You have the advantage, play on.”

In the second half, same thing. He put his hand in my face at one stage – nothing. I said, “Next time, I’ll fall.” For the incident the question refers to, I’m running for a ball that Pernia should get easily because I’m a bit late on it. I see Puyol move across to block me and I try to run around him but he takes that extra step to block me. Now I like basketball, where blocking has its place, but not in football so I went down. Maybe it’s not good, but after a while you realise you aren’t doing yourself any favours by staying on your feet.

For me, it’s justified. :angry:

Last edited:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
He's enjoying himself but hasn't been a serious factor. He's basically a walking corpse although he's had some cheeky moments when healthy. Red Bull just got rid of Juan Pablo Angel :)() so they are continuing to show faith in Titi to lead the front line. So far Marquez has done a better job adjusting although neither of them has exactly been dominant.

iced1776

He never got the chance to fully recover from an injury that was nagging him before he even showed up, he kept being rushed back to the field until the playoffs when they just gave up and sat him. Our coach even said coming into his arrival that he would not be fully fit until next season.

Merv

Saw an article that he is back at Arsenal. Nothing permanent, just training. He always said he'd go back one day. Reckon he still aims to.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6648777,00.html

Came across an old FourFourTwo interview with Titi, a few good excerpts to share:

We always put all our food on one plate. I reckon it's because we don't serve our meals in stages. Also, who the heck wants to do all those dishes? lol

Home of Barca Fans