Thierry Henry

raskolnikov

Watching all of the old Titi compilations and remembering his time with us, made me want us to play David Villa more often and get him cement his place in the starting line-up. Potential-wise Tello - Messi - Villa could work for us the same way Henry - Eto'o - Messi did.

No use of comparing Tello to Henry, though. Those two are currently miles apart. Nevertheless, Tello, at the moment, reminds me a lot of young Henry during his time in Monaco and Juve.

Definitely, thats why I felt awhile ago that maybe Tello would improve greatly with Wenger.
Titi was never on the same level with us as he was with Arsenal but that also applies to the France national team.
I guess its mostly due to styles, I figure he would have been much better with Real Madrid's style, thank god he never went there and always prefered Barca, couldnt imagine my favourite player playing for them.

89Norcal

Henry was badass in celebrations, from the kneeslide,"that enough?", celebrating with the crowd, walking away casually or getting mad punching himself on the chest.
Spurs fans still have nightmare's about this:

Ran from one end to score, ran back just to celebrate. Pure adrenaline! I miss Henry being the beast of europe.

Meitux

Imagine Henry and Ronaldinho in their prime for us! :hooray:
we once had Ronaldinho Eto'o and Henry together in this team in 2007-2008 season but Ronaldinho was falling himself, Eto'o had injuries and it was the first year of Henry with this team.So unfortunatelly we couldnt see what those three could bring out...

89Norcal

we once had Ronaldinho Eto'o and Henry together in this team in 2007-2008 season but Ronaldinho was falling himself, Eto'o had injuries and it was the first year of Henry with this team.So unfortunatelly we couldnt see what those three could bring out...

Yeah I remember how excited I was for that 07-08 season, I couldn't believe two of the best players in the world were going to be teammates, but dinho had to go gain weight and lose his focus :(

I guess we were due for a transformation at the time though.

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
Henry was badass in celebrations, from the kneeslide,"that enough?", celebrating with the crowd, walking away casually or getting mad punching himself on the chest.
Spurs fans still have nightmare's about this:

Where was the almighty English defence?

Valdivia

My favorite player and childhood star. He is also one of the nicest players I've met (not many) and is quite the gentleman. Great guy/player.

89Norcal

If you're all up for a bit of a laugh, check out the Thierry Henry Vs Cristiano Ronaldo thread on redcafe:
http://www.redcafe.net/f7/thierry-henry-vs-cristiano-ronaldo-364967/

Quite possibly the most delusional forum on the Internet (after RAWK of course).

I can't pull it up now for some reason to show you - but Yahoo Answers makes that forum look like a scholarly football debate. So much Ronaldo-riding it's ridiculous.

I always prefer talent over sheer number of accomplishments when I'm comparing who's better, and Henry in his prime was more talented than Ronaldo (at least where it mattered) and was one of the best finishers I've ever seen. Not to mention he did have some titles to boot.

K

Karnivore

He's the best player i've ever seen after Messi. Pace, touch, vision, technique, strength, creative etc. He was robbed of at least one Ballon d'Or. Ronaldo's probably a better goalscorer (Only at Madrid), but the rest of his game doesn't hold a candle to Henry's at his best. Sensational player, 2003/04 he was the stand out of the Invincibles side with demolition jobs of Inter and Leeds and 2005/06 when he dragged a young Arsenal side to the Champions League final. Cannot believe he didn't win as many individual accolades as he should've done. If he'd joined La Liga in 2004 rather than 2007 that would have been a sight to behold.

Ursegor

World Champion
I loved the part where they claim that Henry never dominated at club level.

Henry for Arsenal:

01-02: 32 goals, 7 assists
02-03: 32 goals, 24 assists
03-04: 39 goals, 14 assists
04-05: 30 goals, 17 assists
05-06: 33 goals, 9 assists

You would think members on a Premier League board must know better.

Ignoring the pure numbers Henry had the ability to create magic on his own.

Something that is seriously lacking in Ronaldo's game (apart from the odd long range belter, when did Ronaldo ever score such an iconic individual goal against a big team? And by individual goal I don't mean an Özil throughball which sends him 1 on 1 vs. the goalkeeper).

K

Karnivore

Exactly. The only one off memory was a winner against Fulham at Craven Cottage in 2007/08(?) - ran half the pitch without anyone in sight on the counter attack and belted it in.

He's not even in Henry's league in terms of pure ability. His scoring record is outrageous though, even if he does need more attempts to score, more often than not he decides matches, can't argue against it.

Home of Barca Fans