Thierry Henry

maz

I walk the line
So u could get a third yellow in the semi final 2nd leg and u wont miss the final?

maz

I walk the line
I was going based on what gneg said.:

21.02 In case of repeated cautions, a player is suspended for the next competition
match:

a) after two cautions in two different qualifying matches, as well as after the
fourth caution during the qualifying phase;

b) from the first match in the group stage, after three cautions in three
different matches, as well as following any subsequent odd-numbered
caution (fifth, seventh, ninth, etc.).

And I'm sorry then, I really thought Henry was on two. But on the official page, Rafa's cards are also still on two. He has three: Bayern; Lyon and Sporting Clube.

three yellow cards results in a suspension.

MinaFCB

His wages are way too big for a 32 y.o. And I don`t buy the "Barca won`t go bankrupt" argument. Sure we can handle one player but Barca is made up of many players, not just one. He is making too much as it is!

it can't be the question of his years,but how good he is,he is having great season and i think he deserves this....sometimes players earn more than they should,than they really deserve but in his case i think it's fine..

G.J

V.H. 4 life
I thought all cards are wiped out after the group stage?

Edit: Sorry I didnt know he picked one against Lyon. So your right, the next card would be his third.

Last edited:

maz

I walk the line
I thought all cards are wiped out after the group stage?

Edit: Sorry I didnt know he picked one against Lyon. So your right, the next card would be his third.
I didnt even know either. The only bit i was confused about was that u said a player could get a second yellow card in the semi final 2nd leg, and he wouldnt miss the final. But players only get a suspension for a second yellow if they have already served a suspension for 3 yellows. And none of our players have been suspended (except rafa). So going into the semi final 2nd leg with one yellow card is fine even if yellow cards arent wiped out. Which brings me back to what i was originally saying.

Anyway with that cleared up, henry has 2 yellows which means if he gets a yellow against bayern he misses the chelsea 1st leg, and if he gets a yellow vs chelsea he misses the 2nd leg. Other than that he's ok. Same with every other player on two yellows (although i have no idea which players these are).

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
CL games:

Sporting: Piqué
Shaktar: Xavi; Iniesta; Keita
Basel: /
Basel: /
Sporting: Marquez; Busquets
Shakthar: Bojan

Lyon: Alves, Busquets, Puyol
Lyon: Henry

Bayern: Marquez, Messi

So Marquez only has two yellow cards? That does not correspond with what i copy/pasted from the Champions League rules. Seriously, i can't follow anymore.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Indeed, he is pure class this season:

2wq8leh.gif

Home of Barca Fans