Thierry Henry

desoe

Be prepared. Justin is about to blow your mind with statistics, proving that Titi is better than Messi this season.

Merv

If he is moving to the MLS next season it would stand to reason that he would want to up his game before negotiating a contract with a new team. Hypothetically, who would want to pay top dollar for a player that has only scored 3 goals the previous season? Just saying.....

I hope this last goal will help to keep him motivated and that his season, should it be his last here, is a memorable one.

desoe

If he is moving to the MLS next season it would stand to reason that he would want to up his game before negotiating a contract with a new team. Hypothetically, who would want to pay top dollar for a player that has only scored 3 goals the previous season? Just saying.....

We're still talking about USA here, though. Although the football there continues to develop, I still think you are pretty much about marketing in the MLS. Of course, maybe you as an american know more than me about this, but that's my personal opinion.

If I have to answer your question: would Inter or Milan offer a 10 millions euro salary to a "3 goals Henry" ? No.

Would NY Red Bulls or LA Galaxy do it ? Oh yes, they will, IMO. European football stars are still incredibly valued in the MLS, so I don't think Henry has something to worry about. Even with 3 goals for the season, he remains Thierry Henry.

Last edited:

Merv

We're still talking about USA here, though. Although the football there continues to develop, I still think you are pretty much about marketing in the MLS. Of course, maybe you as an american know more than me about this, but that's my personal opinion.

If I have to answer your question: would Inter or Milan offer a 10 millions euro salary to a "3 goals Henry" ? No.

Would NY Red Bulls or LA Galaxy do it ? Oh yes, they will, IMO. European football stars are still incredibly valued in the MLS, so I don't think Henry has something to worry about. Even with 3 goals for the season, he remains Thierry Henry.

You are pretty much spot on. It's sad but true. I understand the need to draw attention to the sport in order for it to flourish here and I'm all for that. It just makes me feel like the MLS is the 'elephant graveyard' of leagues for doing so.

Don't get me wrong, should I get the chance to watch Thierry play in person I will be a happy camper, because the likely hood of me making it to Barcelona anytime soon is unrealistic.

I still think that he would want to up his game for any potential buyers even if they are Americans and easily impressed. lol

Merv

You'd think he would have made a better accounting of himself being a professional athlete and all. The ropes did him in.... ;)

G.J

V.H. 4 life
[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_N8cg-4U5gM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_N8cg-4U5gM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
[/YOUTUBE]

maxan10

SirTugAlot
Why Pedro out ? He is has been fairly consistent this season when starting or having been called upon from the bench. He is young and talented, I do rate him and his statistics are good. 15 goals is a job well done and he isn't afraid to have a shot on goal, high confidence and the obvious qualities you all know of, nothing more to say, so no, Not Pedro out. He is a product of the barca youth academy and he understands Barca pretty well, he plays well, I think he will be key for Barca considering all the injuries/suspensions.

Last edited:

Thierry

LoL, Titi is going thru periodical menopause.
Pep should really only sub him from now and do so when we are leading in a match.
:2145960713mundoemot

Home of Barca Fans