Thierry Henry vs Samuel Eto'o

Henry vs Eto'o

• Total voters

DucdeOrléans

Firstly I love both players.

Eto'o was the better player for us and more influential which is not really a surprise considering the fact that he played for us for 5 years and enjoyed his best footballing years while playing for us. Henry on the other hand arrived as a 29 year old who had suffered from a lot of injuries that sadly continued during his FCB time.

Nevertheless he was extremely influential in our treble season and will also be remembered for playing for the most successful club team that ever was (sextuple)

And Henry was not bad in his first season. Actually he was our topscorer in that season. Yeah, it was an absolutely horrible season but if Henry was uselss then everyone else was even more useless.

In terms of overall quality Henry was the better player. There was a time were he was absolutely unplayable for Arsenal.

And let's not forget that he won a WC and Euro and played a role in both (more during the Euro's)

But both were fantastic and the best strikers in the past decade IMO.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Yet when the team was specifically built around Henry for France in euro 2004 they flopped badly.

Enter Zidane in 06 and low and behold they reach the final...............

So please spare me this national titles bullshit.

ivan22

So who's the better player over the course of their career? Henry or Eto'o?

Please discuss...

EDIT: The poll is not to measure who's been a better player for Barca... There's no doubt Eto'o is a Barca legend and Henry can't come close to that status.[/SIZE]

that's what I get for voting before reading!
Then I'd pick henry. Best epl striker of the last decade!

Henry 100% Dominated in the EPL and at old age still helped us with the CL and alot of great play. Etoo is a striker, Henry is that + more skilled.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
henry is a pussy and faltered time and time again in the big game when it mattered most, eto the exact opposite hence eto'o is better

Salou 10

Henry against Ireland when he handled the ball 2 times turned me against him.Samuel is much more devastating as a player imo.

NotABarcaFan

I'm not a Barca fan, nor an Arsenal so unlike most of you I can be truly impartial in this.

I absolutely love both players. They're two of my favourite players that I've ever watched and arguably the best two strikers of the last decade. However I've got to go with Henry, but not by much. Technically he is the better player at his best, he was one of the most exquisite footballers ever seen. His vision and link-up play was better than anyone, not to mention his prolific goalscoring. He was a great goalscorer, but also a scorer of great goals. No player anywhere could match his spectacular array of strikes. Claims that he bottled it on the biggest occasion are wide of the mark too, because he undoubtedly contributed to France's 1998 World Cup win scoring 3 goals, and repeated the feat at Euro 2000, being voted man of the match in the final. He also grabbed the Real Madrid game by the scruff of the neck to score a great goal, the winning goal of the tie, and upstaged the great Ronaldo too. Also the influence he had on the sextuple-winning side (including unjust champions league win where you cheated chelsea in the semis) of yours shouldn't be underestimated, even playing on the wing.

desoe

Eto'o is awesome, awesome, awesome player and not just us, but Inter fans would agree too, but Henry was easily the more talented one. Most of the votes for Eto'o go because he was better for us, but after all we signed Henry when he was already out of his prime.

I voted Henry, because he was the better player for me, but Eto'o is the man with a special place in my heart :wub:

footyfan

Calma, calma
Eto'o is awesome, awesome, awesome player and not just us, but Inter fans would agree too, but Henry was easily the more talented one. Most of the votes for Eto'o go because he was better for us, but after all we signed Henry when he was already out of his prime.

I voted Henry, because he was the better player for me, but Eto'o is the man with a special place in my heart :wub:

Same.

Messi :worthy:

Home of Barca Fans