Thibaut Courtois

El Gato

Villarato!
Surely Navas is better than Courtois at this point.... would love to see their shot/save ratio from this season with Courtois and Navas’s last few seasons.

Nope. There's no better or worse between the two on football terms, both have their pros and cons which balance out. It's only about which keeper is better for a given game really. But that's not unfortunately how keeper rotation works. Both very good keepers, both make their errors and absolutely nobody was immune from mistakes last night and shouldn't really be judged by them. What Morientes said in an interview after the game 'I've been where they are, it's painful and they'll need to cope with it, but the first thing to figure out is who is going to lead this team'. Give them one obvious leader and disaster is prevented. Including Courtois blunder on the 4th goal.

Vilarrubi

Nope. There's no better or worse between the two on football terms, both have their pros and cons which balance out. It's only about which keeper is better for a given game really. But that's not unfortunately how keeper rotation works. Both very good keepers, both make their errors and absolutely nobody was immune from mistakes last night and shouldn't really be judged by them. What Morientes said in an interview after the game 'I've been where they are, it's painful and they'll need to cope with it, but the first thing to figure out is who is going to lead this team'. Give them one obvious leader and disaster is prevented. Including Courtois blunder on the 4th goal.

It was more of a question i'd genuinely like to see the stats comparison. Like I said before I rarely watch Madrid games but every time i've watched Courtois he seems to let in goals which other keepers might not... and when I used to watch Navas I used to think WOW this guy is keeping them in the game sometimes.

El Gato

Villarato!
It was more of a question i'd genuinely like to see the stats comparison. Like I said before I rarely watch Madrid games but every time i've watched Courtois he seems to let in goals which other keepers might not... and when I used to watch Navas I used to think WOW this guy is keeping them in the game sometimes.

What kind of stats? One on ones saved? Crosses cleared?

I'm not trying to be an ass, but people constantly create this narrative that he genuinely is worse, overrated, whatever accusation you can put forward, and then come in to a thread here or elsewhere online and ask for stats because "they swear they'd support the claim". Like, what?

I get it, people don't like him for his demeanour of speech and it makes both madridistas and any other neutral or Cule happy to see him make mistakes, because he's a snake. But this is not indicative of his level at all.

He was arguably overall the best player from September to January and fully deserved his starts. Made superb saves against Barcelona and Ajax in the past month. 'Worse than Navas' by now is not a factual statement, only a paraphrase for 'he's a snake I don't like him'.

Leo_Messi

The thing is that Navas was the perfect fit. One of the most underrated players for RM in recent years. Without him they would not have won as many CL's. Courtois is just a bad fit. What does he do better than Navas other than aerial play? He is clumsy. Slow. Bad technically. Not sure if he is a leader as Navas was/is either. So far that does not seem to be the case. That's even without all the drama outside of the pitch and his often idiotic statements. The total opposite of the humble Costa Rican.

It is telling that Chelsea fans are not really missing him. For a supposed top, top goalkeeper in his prime (27) that is very telling.

Navas was a bargain. Courtois transfer fee was €35 million with 1 year left on his contract. His wages are almost most likely much higher.

Never been impressed by him other than his spell for Atlético where he had the fortune on playing behind one of the best defenses in recent time. Similarly with that 1 Chelsea season under Conte and previously under Mourinho where Chelsea were rock solid defensively.

Each to his own. I for once am happy that we never bought him and instead went for the much better option in MAtS.

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

What kind of stats? One on ones saved? Crosses cleared?

I'm not trying to be an ass, but people constantly create this narrative that he genuinely is worse, overrated, whatever accusation you can put forward, and then come in to a thread here or elsewhere online and ask for stats because "they swear they'd support the claim". Like, what?

I get it, people don't like him for his demeanour of speech and it makes both madridistas and any other neutral or Cule happy to see him make mistakes, because he's a snake. But this is not indicative of his level at all.

He was arguably overall the best player from September to January and fully deserved his starts. Made superb saves against Barcelona and Ajax in the past month. 'Worse than Navas' by now is not a factual statement, only a paraphrase for 'he's a snake I don't like him'.

Goals to save ratio... obviously a lot is on the defence too, but I don't see much difference in your defence this season.

I genuinely have no emotional bias towards him, like I said.. maybe my sample size isn't big enough because I don't watch enough Madrid games but when I've watched him I haven't been amazed in any way whereas with Navas I was thinking Madrid are fucking lucky to have this guy.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
LVG was talking how Curtis always goes to the ground way too fast and for no reason at times and he is absolutely right. Just the last 2 games , What was he even doing in these goals : Rakitic , Neres , Tadic. Rakitic's goal was easily stoppable if he just stood , While the other 2 were alot harder but him going to the ground doesn't help.

I'm not complaining though everytime this prick gets destroyed , I am a happy man.

Last edited:

Zidane82

I’ve never rated him whilst Navas has always impressed

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Dumbass Florentino.

Should have paid 80m for de Gea or whatever it cost Liverpool to sign Alisson. They're better and far more suited to a team like Real Madrid than this lamp post.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Funny how Wolfe still tries to justify his transfer when the guy has been a complete wanker and far worse than Navas.

Home of Barca Fans