Thiago Alcantara

LaMessiah

Comparing the first team game experience with second division game experience. Makes perfect sense.

Yeah, it actually does... where do you think these guy progress from? The magic La Masia player tree? No, they play and get minutes in the youth ranks until they're ready for the first team. None of our young midfielders are first teamers, aside from Thiago, so the only minutes they're going to get the next 2-3 years are B team minutes no matter if Cesc comes or not.

And playing in the second division as a 16-19 year old is no walk in the park

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Mazinho (father Thiago): "To be a starter at Barça, you would have to shoot Xavi or Iniesta (laughs)" [la sexta]

Mazinho (father Thiago): "We had a cheque from Chelsea to buy out Thiago's contract, but we never considered to leave Barça." [la sexta]

USWAY

Mazinho (father Thiago): "To be a starter at Barça, you would have to shoot Xavi or Iniesta (laughs)" [la sexta]

Mazinho (father Thiago): "We had a cheque from Chelsea to buy out Thiago's contract, but we never considered to leave Barça." [la sexta]
LMAO. Someone put this man in handcuffs.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

See? He realises his son is not going to be a starter and even then he rejected other top clubs where he could be one. All he wants is the club not sign another star mid fielder because that would kill his son's chances!!

Venomenon

I hate it when parents come and talk about their children's careers. It's like they are subtly undermining their decisions...

Clockwise

Buccaneer
LMAO. Someone put this man in handcuffs.

:lol: This.

seriously this guy needs to talk less and trust his kid's talents! Thiago should be able to show what he is worth of in the field and whatever his dad says or the threats he makes towards the club will add nothing to his abilities or help his condition really.

I dunno, I think it'd be too surreal if all fathers looked like their kids just 20 years older.

though it's good that he told Chelsea to do one.

lool c'mon he looks kinda like his mom as well

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
See? He realises his son is not going to be a starter and even then he rejected other top clubs where he could be one. All he wants is the club not sign another star mid fielder because that would kill his son's chances!!

sorry, I must have missed something. where did he say that?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
sorry, I must have missed something. where did he say that?
To be a starter at Barca you need to shoot Xavi and Iniesta... Which means that he's saying it's impossible for the kid to be a starter when the duo are around, he realises that. At the same time he rejected Chelsea!!

His problem has always been that if we sign Cesc that would make it tough for Thiago... He said that in an interview a while ago. Pep made the statement that he trusts the kid more than his father does in reply to the same

F

Flavia

To be a starter at Barca you need to shoot Xavi and Iniesta... Which means that he's saying it's impossible for the kid to be a starter when the duo are around, he realises that. At the same time he rejected Chelsea!!

His problem has always been that if we sign Cesc that would make it tough for Thiago... He said that in an interview a while ago. Pep made the statement that he trusts the kid more than his father does in reply to the same
The only thing is that what Barça needs comes way before Thiago's wishes. The team can't be held hostage by mazinho's threats. These kind of statements are just that, for me. Mazinho seems too impatient sometimes, he needs to cool down. And shut up.

Superfly

Banned

You're overreacting.

Home of Barca Fans