Thiago Alcantara

JamDav1982

PEAK modric was good enough for barcelona or any team imo. However, every since he arrived there, his role has always been more defensive than before. Kroos is more like an old Xabi Alonso. With space and time, can pick out any pass, but defensively, very bad and very slow.

Barca midfield is already slow with Busquets and having Busquets and Kroos would mean counter attacks galore.

Rakitic is slow as fuck as well and gets burned on the break all the time.

This idea that he is some great defensive player is a total myth.

Kroos would help the team keep the ball better and require less defending from the team in same way Pep approached it with Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets.

Rakitic is slow as fuck as well and gets burned on the break all the time.

This idea that he is some great defensive player is a total myth.

Kroos would help the team keep the ball better and require less defending from the team in same way Pep approached it with Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets.

Rakitic is slow, but he's still hard working or at least use to be. Watch Kroos after a match, he barely looks like he broke a sweat. IF Kroos was such a good possession player, than why did Pep replace Kroos with Thiago?

Pep knew Kroos' limitations as a player and realized Thiago was a much better possession player than Kroos and provided better help defensively. Imagine if Kroos went to man united like it was being reported. He would of gotten romped with that midfield at United.

kroos has his strengths, but he would of failed here just like CESC

JamDav1982

Rakitic is slow, but he's still hard working or at least use to be. Watch Kroos after a match, he barely looks like he broke a sweat. IF Kroos was such a good possession player, than why did Pep replace Kroos with Thiago?

Pep knew Kroos' limitations as a player and realized Thiago was a much better possession player than Kroos and provided better help defensively. Imagine if Kroos went to man united like it was being reported. He would of gotten romped with that midfield at United.

kroos has his strengths, but he would of failed here just like CESC

Pep was desperate to keep Kroos and never replaced him with Thiago. He signed Thiago a year before Kroos left.

You are just making things up.

While both were there Kroos was the one who Pep had controlling the midfield.

Pep was desperate to keep Kroos and never replaced him with Thiago. He signed Thiago a year before Kroos left.

You are just making things up.

While both were there Kroos was the one who Pep had controlling the midfield.

Thiago was pep's first signing.

However, thiago was injured so much his first season. Yet, when he returned from injury, Kroos was the one that got benched for Thiago and bayern were amazing. during that span. The best form Bayern had that whole season.

Case and point.

Thiago was on the team when Kroos was still at bayern. Thiago replaced him in the starting lineup when he was fit. Bayern looked amazing with a fit thiago, rather than a fit Kroos.

ASK any bayern fan if I am making this up.

Kroos left bayern for multiple reasons.

Money being a big part of it. However, Kroos definitely knew Thiago was beating him out. Just like how he beat out BAstian and Muller the next few seasons.

I remember so many fans(especially other barca fans) told Thiago he would fail at Bayern because they had the "best midfield" and would rot the bench again.... When in reality, Thiago is the only mainstay since pep's first season in the midfield.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Thiago was pep's first signing.

However, thiago was injured so much his first season. Yet, when he returned from injury, Kroos was the one that got benched for Thiago and bayern were amazing. during that span. The best form Bayern had that whole season.

Case and point.

Thiago was on the team when Kroos was still at bayern. Thiago replaced him in the starting lineup when he was fit. Bayern looked amazing with a fit thiago, rather than a fit Kroos.

ASK any bayern fan if I am making this up.

Kroos left bayern for multiple reasons.

Money being a big part of it. However, Kroos definitely knew Thiago was beating him out. Just like how he beat out BAstian and Muller the next few seasons.

Dont care if Thiago was Peps first signing he wasnt trying to replace Kroos who he was desperate to keep and Kroos left despite that.

You are just making all that up.

What period did Kroos get dropped for Thiago?

Dont care if Thiago was Peps first signing he wasnt trying to replace Kroos who he was desperate to keep and Kroos left despite that.

You are just making all that up.

If Pep really wanted Kroos to stay he would of made it happen. However, he didn't. If kroos stayed it would of been better for pep, but it wasn't life or death with Pep, Kroos or bayern. They got an old Alonso, who has done as well as kroos in Germany.

Jupp wasnt really high on Kroos defensive ability as well.

If Thiago went to madrid, I would bet ZIdane replace kroos with Thiago, just like I told them germans Thiago would do to their midfield 4 years ago. Dynamic possession midfielders are hard to come by these days. Very few could fit the mold of a Barcelona midfielder.

JamDav1982

If Pep really wanted Kroos to stay he would of made it happen. However, he didn't. If kroos stayed it would of been better for pep, but it wasn't life or death with Pep, Kroos or bayern. They got an old Alonso, who has done as well as kroos in Germany.

Jupp wasnt really high on Kroos defensive ability as well.

If Thiago went to madrid, I would bet ZIdane replace kroos with Thiago, just like I told them germans Thiago would do to their midfield 4 years ago.

No he tried to make it happen and was desperate for him to stay.

You are wrong. Stop making things up to suit.

What was the period Kroos was dropped for Thiago that they played their best football?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Nope.

Pep wanted him to stay and Kroos said the same and thanked Pep ans praised him after he left too.

Kroos demanded a higher salary and Rummenigge + Hoeneß were arrogant enough to let him go. According them he wasn't worth that high wages.

Here's what he said in an interview with Bild:

"We see football the same way. He refined my style of play and developed my skills. My departure from Bayern had nothing to do with Pep".

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/t...ern-munich-v-frankfurt-individual-highlights/

On Sunday Bayern Munich midfielder Thiago Alcantara broke the Bundesliga record for most touches and most passes in a game, during Bayern’s 5-0 demolition of Eintracht Frankfurt.

Racking up a whopping 185 touches and 148/159 successful passes, Thiago smashed the record previously held by Bastian Schweinsteiger.

The former Barcelona midfielder is keeping players like Toni Kroos out the Bayern Munich team and with performances like this, he won’t be going anywhere anytime soon.

No he tried to make it happen and was desperate for him to stay.

You are wrong. Stop making things up to suit.

What was the period Kroos was dropped for Thiago that they played their best football?

Bayern Munich manager Pep Guardiola said he would "like 1,000 Dantes in my team"

Like I said, Pep didnt want Kroos to go. However, it wasnt like Pep needed Kroos to stay. Two different things.

As I said, money was a big part of it. However, if Kroos was valued as much by pep, he would of never been let go. The reality is, Thiago made

Kroos
Bastian
Muller

all expendable.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

One game?

Kroos started the previous six league games so far fetched to claim that it was Thiago on a run of great form keeping him out.

Pep was rotating his midfield and that was a couple of games Kroos sat out. At a time there were rumblings about his contract issue as well.

JamDav1982

Bayern Munich manager Pep Guardiola said he would "like 1,000 Dantes in my team"

Like I said, Pep didnt want Kroos to go. However, it wasnt like Pep needed Kroos to stay. Two different things.

As I said, money was a big part of it. However, if Kroos was valued as much by pep, he would of never been let go. The reality is, Thiago made

Kroos
Bastian
Muller

all expendabl
e.

All just clean made up by you to suit an argument.

All just clean made up by you to suit an argument.

Not really. Managers say a lot of things though...

If you really dont think Thiago has made their German core expendable, go ask any bayern fan. Honestly, only time Thiago has been average for bayern was last season when pep played 4-1-4-1 when bayern got killed via injuries. However, outside of that period, Thiago was always good for bayern.

Bayern hasn't lost any important player since the pep arrival imo.

They let Kroos go. They let Gotze go. They let Benatia go. They let bastian go. They let manzukic go. They let shaqiri go.

If Muller went, if you watched bayern this season, his value football wise you could understand why.

Even 3 seasons later, it's always Kroos vs Thiago with them.

JamDav1982

Kroos left for money.

Bastien aged and declined.

Muller was never competing for same spot as Thiago.

None of the rest of names you list have any relevance to Kroos or Thiago.

Home of Barca Fans