Thiago Alcantara

I thought Honigstein was an expert on Bundesliga and German soccer only?

I think his number 1 job is reporting in Germany, not to say he dosnt have links elsewhere though.

Really thought that Thiago tweet would have got more coverage than it did, maybe you were right and it was me going way over the top and reading to much into it, no one seems to care about it at all!

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
I think his number 1 job is reporting in Germany, not to say he dosnt have links elsewhere though.

Really thought that Thiago tweet would have got more coverage than it did, maybe you were right and it was me going way over the top and reading to much into it, no one seems to care about it at all!

There has to be more than the tweet than people aren't giving it credit for.

It's either a real good job of trolling, a ploy to get Manchester United to up their offer, or Thiago hinting he wants to stay in Barcelona. It's one of the last 2. The English tabloids are reporting that United is going to up their offer to 7.2M a year.

There has to be more than the tweet than people aren't giving it credit for.

It's either a real good job of trolling, a ploy to get Manchester United to up their offer, or Thiago hinting he wants to stay in Barcelona. It's one of the last 2. The English tabloids are reporting that United is going to up their offer to 7.2M a year.

I was fully with you the other day mate, i thought it was an obvious hint he was staying, and half expected some sort of announcement that hed agreed a new deal which may yet still happen of course, but really nothing at all has been made of it certainly not in Spain or indeed Barcelonas local press which im amazed by honestly, its actually all starting to gain momentum of him leaving again, so strange really dont know where its going it seems to change hourly.

Are the English tabloids really reporting that? i havnt seen that anywhere can you link it for me please? thats something like 150k a week isnt it? i honestly dont see us paying that, for a 22 year old we wouldnt do it, thats closing in on Rooney Van Persie wages, supsertar names in their prime, we're not Chelsea or City where that type of wage is given to squad players.

A quick google and twitter search and cant find anything about United upping their offer to 7.2m a year, the only relatively new thing i could find was this:

Thiago to 'very weak' Manchester United midfield is practically done, according to 'Vox populi' in Barcelona

Posted by SPORT WITNESS on July 1, 2013 at 18:12 in Sport Witness Football
View Discussions
They're giving up in Barcelona on Thiago, which is quite a surprise given that many Manchester Untied fans had done the same following the footballer's 'I love Barcelona' tweet, accompanied by a photograph of him and his brother dipping their feet in a rooftop pool. Manchester may not have the sun to match Barcelona, although Monday had a glorious afternoon, but that isn't what interests Thiago if the stories of his World Cup dream are to believed.

They are understandable, he turns 23 in April and probably feels his warrants a place in the Spanish squad for Brazil, his family is from the country and his father represented the Brazilian national team at USA '94, there's just so many reasons why Thiago will be desperate to make the plane.

The Catalan newspapers are largely moving away from their spiteful view of the potential transfer, the toys have already been chucked out of the pram and Sport say it's now known in Barcelona that the player is leaving. They say it's 'Vox populi', a Latin phrase which means the voice of the people but better translates to 'word on the street'.
Sport reckon Thiago won't change his mind and Andoni Zubizarreta has been unable or unwilling to change it for him, or prevent the player leaving for his transfer clause by other means, meaning the deal is on the verge of happening.

The only dig at Manchester United is calling the midfield 'very weak' and some fans of the club would agree with that. Even the 'weak' insult is explained by the loss of Paul Scholes and advancing years of Ryan Giggs, they're starting to sound a lot nicer in Spain about the situation.

The threats, pushed through the Catalan media, of making Thiago pay the fee personally and therefore being liable for income tax (read more here), have disappeared and Sport make a point of saying that even though he'll be paid far more, he's leaving for football reasons. It's another turn on a sixpence from them and could have something to do with reports in Spain at the weekend that Manchester United were willing to pay a little extra to help smooth the deal through.

The clause issue has already been picked up by many English websites and Sport explained in their newspaper today that Thiago wants to be allowed to leave next summer for a relatively low transfer fee if he isn't played a lot by the club. They explain that he's good friends with Giovani dos Santos, who all but disappeared at Tottenham Hotspur, and this has giving him a little concern.

Mundo Deportivo mention the Bayern Munich connection but that's again just down to them speculating regarding Pep Guardiola and they've been quite alone in banging that drum. They seem to have given up too and have a section explaining how well the player would do in the Premier League, saying he could follow in the footsteps of players like Michu, Arteta and Cazorla and make a quick and good impact. One of their journalists even says that choosing to move to Manchester United is a good idea and he'd be going at just the right time to boost a midfield which needs it.

However, it's Sport who explain how the deal is all but done and the word on the street in Barcelona is that Thiago is going to Manchester United, with much of the wrath directed at Andoni Zubizarreta.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
I was fully with you the other day mate, i thought it was an obvious hint he was staying, and half expected some sort of announcement that hed agreed a new deal which may yet still happen of course, but really nothing at all has been made of it certainly not in Spain or indeed Barcelonas local press which im amazed by honestly, its actually all starting to gain momentum of him leaving again, so strange really dont know where its going it seems to change hourly.

Are the English tabloids really reporting that? i havnt seen that anywhere can you link it for me please? thats something like 150k a week isnt it? i honestly dont see us paying that, for a 22 year old we wouldnt do it, thats closing in on Rooney Van Persie wages, supsertar names in their prime, we're not Chelsea or City where that type of wage is given to squad players.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/liga-united-offer-thiago-120-000-week-123808200.html

Google Thiago and 7.2M. Tons of places have ran with the story. That's crazy money for a young kid, no matter how good he is.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/liga-united-offer-thiago-120-000-week-123808200.html

Google Thiago and 7.2M. Tons of places have ran with the story. That's crazy money for a young kid, no matter how good he is.

Ahh thats where the confusion comes in, i was thinking you meant 7.2m a year in english pounds where as thats in euros, 6.1 million a year is what id seen to, around 120k a week i thought you meant 7.2m a year in pounds! lol, 6 million is the figure MD were reporting over a week ago i think so its not a new upped offer as far as i can see and in modern football for a player of his talent and the fact we very much need a midfielder its about right id say, considering we're also supposedly paying Ashley Young 120k a week then Thiagos definitely worth that.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Ahh thats where the confusion comes in, i was thinking you mean 7.2m a year in english pounds where as thats in euros, 6.1 million a year is what id seen to, around 120k a week i thought you mean 7.2m a year in pounds! lol, in modern football for a player of his talent and the fact we very much need a midfielder its about right id say, considering we're also supposedly paying Ashley Young 120k a week then Thiagos definitely worth that.

We talk in Euros over here, why would we talk in British pounds?

So the rumors of 160-180K in Euros is about correct then? That's still crazy money, he would more than triple his currently salary right now.

We talk in Euros over here, why would we talk in British pounds?

So the rumors of 160-180K in Euros is about correct then? That's still crazy money, he would more than triple his currently salary right now.

And i live in England and talk in pounds, theres no need to be rude, it was an easy misunderstanding to make.

120k a week is about the going rate these days when you look at what players go for, in fact id bet hes be offered a lot more than that at certain other clubs, its not the mighty figure it was a few years ago, most clubs have people on their wage bill earning lots more than that.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
The first offer reported by Spanish media was 6M euros a year. The last few days are the first time I have heard 7.2M euros a year.

At those wages, Thiago would be the 5th-highest wage earner w/ Barcelona.

The first offer reported by Spanish media was 6M euros a year. The last few days are the first time I have heard 7.2M euros a year.

At those wages, Thiago would be the 5th-highest wage earner w/ Barcelona.

Maybe im getting mixed up between Euros and pounds then, i thought the 6m a year we were supposedly offering him was well known, it equates to 120k a week which was being discussed up till 2 weeks ago on here.

Tbh i dont really care what we end up paying him, its not my money and modern day football is what it is, 120k a week was huge money maybe even 5 years ago, now with all these sugar daddy clubs and rich owners its becoming a far more standard amount as sad as that is to say, for example Samir Nasri earns 175k a week at City, and hes not even one of their regular starters most of the time.

You either offer these types of wages or risk falling behind im afriad.

Last edited:
B

beautifulgame

Yo, Cisco Kid, chill man.

Being a barca fan on a barca forum doesn't give you any more rights than anyone else.

So what if DLD wrote in pounds. Everyone is free to write in whatever.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
That's really no excuse. You shouldn't be rude to people who aren't Barca fans just because this is a Barcelona forum. This is a place to talk football, not gang up on opponent club fans. Technically you have the right to do it but it's just arrogance and a bad attitude, not something that is looked highly upon.

I'm not ganging up on him, he's keep on acting snobbish requiring sources and then when I give them to him he requires I talk to him in British pounds. I've been nothing but nice to this guy but enough is enough with these guys.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
One misunderstanding and you start being rude and says enough is enough..

Short fuse just like Pepe?

Home of Barca Fans