Thiago Alcantara

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Your usage of the word 'Deserved', Doesn't make it the absolute truth, After all it is subjective term, You think some deserved more, I think some deserved enough, Some other guy thinks a completely different thing, And of course the coach has his own views about this.
I said it more than one time, I don't know what's going on in tito's head, And certainly don't claim to know, And unless i see evidence that he is conspiring against the well being of FCB, His reason are most likely to be in the best interest of the team in short and long term, That's the most likely and logical thing i can think of.
The reason why i don't buy into, He is biased, Stubborn, or 'favorus', Like many members in here, Is because it doesn't make any sense, Those terms have no place in professional football, The future of one of the biggest clubs in the world rests on him, And he's getting paid millions to ensure the clubs best interest, So forgive me if i don't find it plausible that he is playing dani instead of montoya, Just because dani is his buddy, Or that he hates montoya's eyes.

I'm not claiming any conspiracy theories or anything, just a lack of smart decisions. Tito should be trying to get the club a win and not risk anything, is playing Montoya over Alves really a risk at all? We've seen how much better we are in defense with 1 defensive fullback to cover. We've seen that despite Montoya's youth he has been solid and consistent when he has played as opposed to Alves. Does Alves having a more high profile name suddenly make him more reliable and set the standard that playing Montoya instead=losing? Especially in the most insignificant of games? It's not only that they can afford to give Montoya playing time, it's that they would actually benefit from rotating them more often. Tito should go for what is best for the club, but overplaying the senior players like that isn't close to what is best for the club, not for the present and definitely not for the future.

I Wonder

tumblr_mnk931j7pI1qg4mx7o1_500.jpg

Zuess99

Thiago on De Gea wanting him to sign for Man Utd: "(Laughs) Every player wants the best for his team. Just like I hope he comes to Barca."

Im starting to get the feeling that deep down inside he doesnt want to leave. I honestly think the real problem is his father Mazinho. He obviously has no attachments with barca and would prefer his son to play elsewhere. Whenever I see barca b players and the young players they look like they love barca and aspire to be stars here. So yeah ive concluded with his past few comments this week that he wount leave.

Cule4life

The Culest
You cant fault Mazinho for wanting the best for his son. And hes not even being unreasonable given Tito's treatment of thiago. If i was in his place i would be apoplectic with rage and demanding assurances from Rosell about Thiago's playtime

Your usage of the word 'Deserved', Doesn't make it the absolute truth, After all it is subjective term, You think some deserved more, I think some deserved enough, Some other guy thinks a completely different thing, And of course the coach has his own views about this.
I said it more than one time, I don't know what's going on in tito's head, And certainly don't claim to know, And unless i see evidence that he is conspiring against the well being of FCB, His reason are most likely to be in the best interest of the team in short and long term, That's the most likely and logical thing i can think of.
The reason why i don't buy into, He is biased, Stubborn, or 'favorus', Like many members in here, Is because it doesn't make any sense, Those terms have no place in professional football, The future of one of the biggest clubs in the world rests on him, And he's getting paid millions to ensure the clubs best interest, So forgive me if i don't find it plausible that he is playing dani instead of montoya, Just because dani is his buddy, Or that he hates montoya's eyes.

Tito is looking out for his own interests here. He thinks achieving 100 points will make people forget about the humiliations by Madrid and Bayern and how poor Barca have been this season in their general play. He's feeling the heat. He thinks those 100 points will make his CV look good. He knows he cant get another top job anywhere. He doesnt seem to care about the long term future of Barca i.e. their youth prospects. He's overplaying Xavi, Alves etc. as he thinks they will help him achieve those 100 points so that when he looks for another job if he's sacked he can brandish those 100 points in the face of potential employers.

Last edited:

barca7788

Nepali Cule
You cant fault Mazinho for wanting the best for his son. And hes not even being unreasonable given Tito's treatment of thiago. If i was in his place i would be apoplectic with rage and demanding assurances from Rosell about Thiago's playtime

Tito is looking out for his won interests here. He thinks achieving 100 points will make people forget about the humiliations by Madrid and Bayern and how poor Barca have been this season in their general play. He's feeling the heat. He thinks those 100 points will make his CV look good. He knows he cant get another top job anywhere. He doesnt seem to care about the long term future of Barca i.e. their youth prospects. He's overplaying Xavi, Alves etc. as he thinks they will help him achieve those 100 points so that when he looks for another job if he's sacked he can brandish those 100 points in the face of potential employers.

lol the guy is fighting with cancer dude. thats a bit harsh even though he have issues.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
The only thing unreasonable from Thiago/Mazinho's camp, IMO, is thinking that this upcoming season will have any bearing on him making Del Bosque's squad for the WC...Barring an injury neither him nor De Gea will be going...Only sort of player that can crack that squad at this stage is a goalscorer...Tello says hello :wave:

AntiMadridista

lol the guy is fighting with cancer dude. thats a bit harsh even though he have issues.

Yea it sucks that he had cancer, but that really doesn't make a difference. He has to do his job, and do it well, regardless of being sick or not. Some of his questionable decisions could be because of his health, and if so he needs to leave.

Cule4life

The Culest
The only thing unreasonable from Thiago/Mazinho's camp, IMO, is thinking that this upcoming season will have any bearing on him making Del Bosque's squad for the WC...Barring an injury neither him nor De Gea will be going...Only sort of player that can crack that squad at this stage is a goalscorer...Tello says hello :wave:

Agree. Also Del Bosque is very conservative so even Tello is a doubt.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

I wouldn't write Thiago off completely. It'll take a serious decline in Xavi's ability and an unbelievable breakout season for Thiago (with some high profile performances) to get considered by VDB but it isn't impossible. I'd tip De Gea to get picked in the squad but not start.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
De Gea >>>> Valdes

I hate to say it but I would go with De Gea over Valdes right now.

Based off current form, I would go with Reina over Valdes too.

Antimadridista1

Perez (president Real Madrid): "If Barça are not interested in Thiago and if we are interested in him, we will try to sign him." [cope]

Fuck you Florentino no ?

Sandro/Zubi/Tito need to confirm that Thiago will be here next season ASAP.

Home of Barca Fans