Thiago Alcantara

Antimadridista1

Rooney + De Gea would equal Thiago :lol: Thiago is more valuable

I think that De Gea convinced him to join Manchester United (even more right now, cause they are are together in the spanish team) ! Let's say Rooney + Evans .

No seriously, I clearly prefer Thiago to stay than to have Rooney in our squad.

He really wants to play the world cup in Brazil and being a sub at FCB will never help him to be convocated by DelBosque knowing the number of good midfilders that Spain have (Mata, Cazorla, Iniesta, Fabregas, Xavi..).

But leaving for Manchester United will probably not help him as much as he expects because Del Bosque always call guys playing in spain.
For exemple, Javi Garcia and Javi Martinez not convocated when Alonso was injured because he prefered to call Mario Suarez from Atletico Madrid.

Can't wait to have new informations about this lad .

Last edited:

Jadentheman

I think that De Gea convinced him to join Manchester United (even more right now, cause they are are together in the spanish team) ! Let's say Rooney + Evans .

He really wants to play the world cup in Brazil and being a sub at FCB will never help him to be convocated by DelBosque knowing the number of good midfilders that Spain have (Mata, Cazorla, Iniesta, Fabregas, Xavi..).

But leaving for Manchester United will probably not help him as much as he expects because Del Bosque always call guys playing in spain.
For exemple, Javi Garcia and Javi Martinez not convocated when Alonso was injured because he prefered to call Mario Suarez from Atletico Madrid.

Should have played for Brasil. They need midfielders

Stric

Either way, I can't see Thiago being called up for the World Cup. No way... He's appeared 3 times for the senior NT, and hasn't played a game for them since 2011. I can't see it happening. Besides, Del Bosque has plenty of midfielders to choose from, most of whom would be chosen ahead of Thiago. Anyways, I can understand if he wants to develop and improve as a player, and wants regular quality playing time to achieve that, so I'd understand if he decided to leave. But all this World Cup talks seems very unlikely to me.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Either way, I can't see Thiago being called up for the World Cup. No way... He's appeared 3 times for the senior NT, and hasn't played a game for them since 2011. I can't see it happening. Besides, Del Bosque has plenty of midfielders to choose from, most of whom would be chosen ahead of Thiago. Anyways, I can understand if he wants to develop and improve as a player, and wants regular quality playing time to achieve that, so I'd understand if he decided to leave. But all this World Cup talks seems very unlikely to me.

An outstanding season is all it takes and he is capable of doing that, playing time is the only issue.

USWAY

I gotta say, Thiago wouldn't be the kind of player he's destined to be if he wasn't thinking about leaving. We don't want young players who are satisfied with sitting on the bench, you want the ambitious ones. (Dos Santos) When your confident in your skills, you want to play and will eventually force the issue. Barca's job at this point is to make sure he stays. Same with Tello.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA

I think he's Xavi's replacement for both Barca and La Roja.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Bench pedro and play who exactly? Alexis?, He was very horrible in the first half of the season, I don't have to remind you of that, But he kicked it up in the second half and not coincidentally, Pedro started seeing the bench more.
The reason thiago played more last season, Apart from the fact he actually played better, Is because he didn't have fabregas to compete against in the midfield, This was our most used line-up:
Alves-Masch-Puyol-Adriano
----Xavi-Busi-Thiago------
--Alexis-Messi-Fabregas---

As you can see, Fabregas was mostly used a left winger, And in times where iniesta or xavi couldn't play, Pep only had thiago to cover for them, And iniesta isn't in here because he had 2 injuries last season one of them was long, And hence thiago covered for him, And the same applies with xavi.

You can go back a few months in this thread, And read the comments, You'll most likely see my comment and from many others, Criticizing thiago's underwhelming performances this season, And the fact he's been average most of the games, With only the getafe game early in the season is worthy of something, And remained anonymous, Until the zaragoza match a while ago, So yes, It's no shock he hasn't played as much as last season, Due to the fact this year he hasn't been the same since his long injury in the summer, And he has fabregas now as a rival.

And i don't know where you came up with that youngsters thing:
Montoya: Last season, 3(4) appearances in first eleven/substitute
This season 10(4)!
Tello: Last season 3(12)
This season 12(10) !!

It's not always about the statistics, the impression should be taken off of what lineup should be used for each game specifically. Montoya has had barely any game time compared to what he's deserved especially with Alves getting such little rest and being so inconsistent. Tello should've been played more when both Alexis and Pedro were under-performing at the same time around February-ish yet that was at a point where he had been missing from the team sheet for months! Thiago has definitely been well above average in his performances during the season and deserved to play much more even in the unimportant games yet the management have preferred to over-play Xavi up to the point where he was injured and playing on painkillers. Not to mention Bartra who constantly has to endure sitting in the stands or rotting on the bench while Tito plays Song, Adriano, and Mascherano over him (once again even in the unimportant games).

mixer

Neymar said in some interview that he won't wear 11 coz he thinks Thiago will stay. (saw it on mundodeportivo)

AvocadoCake

Or maybe Thiago will convince De Gea to replace Valdes :thiago:

Garrus

It's not always about the statistics, the impression should be taken off of what lineup should be used for each game specifically. Montoya has had barely any game time compared to what he's deserved especially with Alves getting such little rest and being so inconsistent. Tello should've been played more when both Alexis and Pedro were under-performing at the same time around February-ish yet that was at a point where he had been missing from the team sheet for months! Thiago has definitely been well above average in his performances during the season and deserved to play much more even in the unimportant games yet the management have preferred to over-play Xavi up to the point where he was injured and playing on painkillers. Not to mention Bartra who constantly has to endure sitting in the stands or rotting on the bench while Tito plays Song, Adriano, and Mascherano over him (once again even in the unimportant games).
Your usage of the word 'Deserved', Doesn't make it the absolute truth, After all it is subjective term, You think some deserved more, I think some deserved enough, Some other guy thinks a completely different thing, And of course the coach has his own views about this.
I said it more than one time, I don't know what's going on in tito's head, And certainly don't claim to know, And unless i see evidence that he is conspiring against the well being of FCB, His reason are most likely to be in the best interest of the team in short and long term, That's the most likely and logical thing i can think of.
The reason why i don't buy into, He is biased, Stubborn, or 'favorus', Like many members in here, Is because it doesn't make any sense, Those terms have no place in professional football, The future of one of the biggest clubs in the world rests on him, And he's getting paid millions to ensure the clubs best interest, So forgive me if i don't find it plausible that he is playing dani instead of montoya, Just because dani is his buddy, Or that he hates montoya's eyes.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans