Thiago Alcantara

Micah

I seriously fucking hope there is no truth in this, but i wouldn't even be surprised if Thiago wanted out. It was shocking the way Tito treated him this season.
I still can't believe of how little he has featured this season, He's our biggest prospect by some margin and yet Tito keeps playing an aging/sometimes injured and declining Xavi ahead of him.
And it's just selfish of Xavi for wanting to play so much, every 3 days seriously at his age. He should be helping Thiago get into the team rather than being an obstacle.

I'd fucking explode if they ever let go of him

Last edited:

ceefoo

The Barça midfielder would make his one hundredth appearance for FC Barcelona if he plays in Sunday’s derby with Espanyol
Judging by the actions of our imbecile of a coach this season, he'll be on the bench.

If we lose Thiago at all, let alone for a lousy 15m, I'll be uber pissed.:angry:
Such a low release clause?
Would be interesting if Madrid were to become interested..
Don't even go there.:evil: The thought of him going to Man U is bad enough.:banghead:

Last edited:

ShandyFFM

if he leaves thd would only be the tip of the iceberg of our latest transfers... how can we be such a big club with such an incredible bad scouting and transfer mentality

khaled_a_d

Such a low release clause?

Would be interesting if Madrid were to become interested..

The whole "playing time clause" is one of the most stupid ideas the club have applied ,last year we would haven't signed Song if it wasn't for keita leaving for such idiotic clause

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Is there an official venue for Barca fans to voice their opinions and be heard by Barca management? Flooding all the mail boxes on the FCB site with e-mails?

Since Barca is more than just a club, our opinions should be heard.

Valdivia

For the love of god Rosell, stop screwing this club up!! Jesus Christ! Our most talented prospect in recent years, I'd say the most talented since a certain Leo, and he doesn't mind selling the guy!! This is just going too far and someone needs to come out and deny these news.

Irish_Cules

I'm not liking that Graham Hunter is reporting on it, considering he lived next door to Thiago's family. There seems to be some substance to the rumours. I doubt he has decided that he wants to leave but it does appear that he will be faced with the decision.

I will never ever forgive the management if he leaves.

JimmyGuitarist

It's not management's fault. He simply isn't as good as Xavi or Iniesta yet to be started ahead of them. Considering Xavi's getting on, he should have patience for perhaps one season as second choice to Xavi's position. He still makes a lot of mistakes in stupid areas of the pitch and has a lot to improve.
That's if the rumours are even true.

aaron101

It's not management's fault. He simply isn't as good as Xavi or Iniesta yet to be started ahead of them. Considering Xavi's getting on, he should have patience for perhaps one season as second choice to Xavi's position. He still makes a lot of mistakes in stupid areas of the pitch and has a lot to improve.

How can he be good enough if he's not even getting enough minutes to develop and improve. Experience is his primary need and he's not getting that with Tito. Same with Montoya and Bartra.

How can these guys become better players when they don't even get the chance to gain experience in the pitch.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Just a stab in the dark but I wonder if this is the approach going forward, to sell cantera players and largely buy/sell players on the open market to fill the squad which would generate greater revenue. Moreover, the increased number of transactions makes it more likely one can skim off the top for agents, board members etc. whereas relying on the cantera seems to reduce those opportunities.

But it's not just the board that are at fault here but Tito who dramatically decreased his playing time (Along with all of the young cantera players), seems like an agenda that is hard to comprehend after Pep reemphasized it - part of why Pep left perhaps?...Makes me recall that talk Pep was having with Thiago at the end of the season when he left, what was he telling him I wonder?...'You'll have to decide to leave sooner than you imagined'?

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

It's that kind of stubbornness that managers should not have. They aren't going to field their best 11 players every game, so it's not like it's always about being "better than them". Also, think about FORM not just how prestigious or loved a player they are. Thiago is in much better form than Xavi right now and hasn't made any notably stupid mistakes for the last 4-5 games that he's played, and he doesn't make them THAT often to be a bad player.

Go on blindly thinking that Xavi+Iniesta should play every game just because they're great and not thinking of any of the major factors such as form, fatigue, or importance of the game. Thiago should be pretty close to being first choice right now considering that Xavi cannot stay consistent because of fatigue and does slow down our attack a lot at times. I love the guy, but right now he isn't the same, and Thiago should be getting the time he deserves.

Home of Barca Fans