Thiago Alcantara

B

Barca_Catalan

Thiago looks to me like Xavi and Iniesta mix .....great future for us .....I hope he will be promoted to first squad soon

SanAndres

Thiago looks to me like Xavi and Iniesta mix .....great future for us .....I hope he will be promoted to first squad soon

that's a good comparison. i think he looks a bit of both to me as well from what little i've seen so far. good vision, but also has the technique to go past players.

hopefully he gets more chances with the first team now that guddy is off to monaco

S

Slide

If you want to compare,why compare Thiago to Pedro?Thiago is more comparable to Iniesta...not even Xavi.With all due respect to Iniesta who is one of my fav players at Barca,Thiago has his technique but also has something that Iniesta lacks...Long range passing. If Barca lose Thiago it would be disastrous. A definite future prospect.And if I were Guardiola,I would start giving him first team action.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Sadly, looks like Thiago is going under the knife...The starlet tore his meniscus in his right knee on Tuesday during training...Will have surgery on Thursday...No timetable has been mentioned for his return but these sorts of surgeries typically require at least 12 weeks recovery time for normal non-athletes.

Real shame, I had high hopes we'd see him play for the first team this season...Hope he has a speedy and full recovery

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
So the new physio team has shown their true colors? BOO

Well, not sure you can really blame a physio for this sort of injury...More of a freak thing than anything else although it wasn't explained specifically how the injury happened...Perhaps he was tackled?...But it also could've been as simple as planting and having the knee turn/twist - usually from contact/trauma.

B

barcacataluny

sadly thiago is injured and will have a surgery but does anyonr know how long will he be out of action

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
No timetable has been mentioned although I pointed out that typically it takes 12 weeks for recovery...Although, it will depend on the nature of his tear etc.

Lemmi

The Reckoner
So the new physio team has shown their true colors? BOO

People who blame physios for incidents occurring have to be up there with the biggest morons in history.

PHYSIO=TREATMENT AND RECOVERY

How the fuck can you expect them to prevent injuries? They aren't socererors:rolleyes::banghead::wave::super2::shh: :stretcher:

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
:lol:hahahahah

:sad: sad to hear about thiago, hope he comes back with full force in the new year.

veryfatchocobo

Lemmi, I'm exposed to the medical field, and I do know for a fact that they aren't sorcerors. I also do know that some injuries can't be prevented, but I also know for sure that our injuries were well prevented by last year's staff compared to the old one during Rijkaard's year.

Lemmi

The Reckoner
Reoccurrance of injuries and relapses are signs of bad advice, treatment and advice. If a player lands funny or get his studs stuck people to blame are the groundsman, the boot manufacturer, the opposition and the player. by no means is it the medical staffs fault when a player go out and twist their knee if their has been no pre existing injury. it is luck/just one of them things/or an act of god whatever you choose to believe.

maz

I walk the line
Or the warm up wasn´t good enough.

Either way, it confirms that jonathan will be called up rather than thiago (if pep decides to call up a midfielder).

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
EMD says a minimum of 2-3 months out. Fuck, what a nightmare. That's as long as Don Andres was out.

Monte-Barça

Ziga-Zagar
EMD says a minimum of 2-3 months out. Fuck, what a nightmare. That's as long as Don Andres was out.

Yeah, mate, just read it.. He lloks very good on the pitch. This injury will definitely slow his integration in the first squad.. Very sad..

Home of Barca Fans