Thiago Alcantara

Jadentheman

Jds is a good example... he wants desperately to stay, but no one on the club does. Most fans don't either. I don't see anyone complaining about this, saying the club is pushing him away.

Tito said to fontas and jds that Barça is not a social club last summer. Fontas took the hint and left. Seeing Jds and Thiago are fairly close, I don't even know if this might also have affected him. And as Barça is not a social club, players have to care for themselves.

With the way everyone has been touting Mes que un Club people would think otherwise

Stric

With the way everyone has been touting Mes que un Club people would think otherwise

Bullseye!

Barack-Obama-Clapping-in-Front-of-American-Flags.gif

Jadentheman

It's actually one of the reasons why some people resent Barca and always take enjoyment when they lose. Maybe not the overall concept but the way how the media and everyone constantly talks about and people get annoyed

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
:lol: :lol: You're joking, right? Nice job basing such controversial claims on what Sport and MD publish. :facepalm: Do you really think he came to the Ciutat Esportiva, said goodbye to everyone except Tito and left? And surely if he was so pissed at him that they aren't speaking to each other, he wouldn't have mentioned him by name in his goodbye letter.

You might be right about that second part, though. It could have been a different story if he had known this would happen. Not necessarily, but possibly. Still, it would have been a gamble for him again, because he would still have to stay for another entire season to see how it goes with Martino.

Didn't the goodbye letter come out after the news broke of Tito's cancer relapsing? He couldn't publicly shun him anyways even if his cancer didn't relapse.

What's so controversial about him coming to tell everybody bye except for the guy that didn't play him or show some sort of faith in him? I'm not even mad at him if that's true. I'm not even mad at him for leaving.

I'm mad at Pep publicly tapping up our players though when he said he wouldn't. I'm mad at Pep for trying to air out dirty laundry in public.

I'm sad to see Tito go in this fashion but I believe we needed a change anyways.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Thiago is a good player but he's not better than Cesc anyways. He showed his bad habit of losing the ball too easily again in the U21 Euros. The real star of La Rojita aside from the Finals was Illarramendi. Illarramendi was brilliant in midfield. Thiago in the first few preseason games I am watching for Bayern is still losing the ball much too easily.

Oliver Torres can make my fellow Cules forget who Thiago Alcantara ever was.

USWAY

Thiago: "Could I return to Barcelona one day? I would never close the door to Barça, the club gave me so much.
We'll probably buy him back in a few years when Schweiny and Lahm age and fall off, Bayerns defense is in shambles because Pep's playing wingers at CB, and Pep heads to ManU fresh off of a treble :pep:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It's actually one of the reasons why some people resent Barca and always take enjoyment when they lose. Maybe not the overall concept but the way how the media and everyone constantly talks about and people get annoyed

Speak for yourself, Jaden. It is absurd to think non-Barca fans resent Barca not because of other reasons but because how Barca allegedly mistreats its players.

Name another club that treats its players differently/better.

Speak for yourself, Jaden. Name another club that treats its players differently/better.

I don't understand why people think we treated Villa badly. He wasn't the same player and the club didn't think he was good enough to start anymore. They denied more money from clubs in England to let him stay in Spain. Many players young and old leave for free so they can pick their spot. Like Abidal, Henry, and Muniesa.

Galning

I personally believe the things he says. I've been saying it for the last year, something is wrong with the club ever since Pep left. Too many people leaving in weird circumstances, Thiago being the last one.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Considering how we sold Henry, Marquez, Villa etc I think we might just treat some of the old players too well. Abidal/Thiago is a different issue though.

ebc_99

There is nothing wrong with the club, people leave teams all the time and I don't see anything weird at all. What is weird though is that fans criticize almost everything about the club these days.

I am glad Thiago is gone, he is not good enough for the first team yet and didn't want to wait so it is good that he left.

Home of Barca Fans