Thiago Alcantara

BigBarcaBoy

Lack of playing time ahead of the WC.

Xavi, Iniesta, Fab and Sergi Roberto for two positions.
This world cup theory is complete rubbish and he needs to wake up to the fact that at the moment he is down the pecking order, his time will come but like a lot of people these days he wants it now

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This world cup theory is complete rubbish and he needs to wake up to the fact that at the moment he is down the pecking order, his time will come but like a lot of people these days he wants it now

The WC in Brazil is somewhere everyone wanna be and I guess its Mazinho who is pushing for a move rather than Thiago himself.

His dad is probably obsessed with the thought of seeing him in Brazil next year.

I don't think it works that way ( and please correct me if I'm wrong). United doesn't have to agree anything with barca... not even the player has to agree anything with barca. When a team pays a player's clause( at least in spain ) there has to be no agreement between clubs. in this case, united would just have to show up and say 'Barca, we are paying thiago's caluse" and barca wouldn't be able to do a thing but accept the money. That's the reason why caluses exist. The only way united wouldn't be able to get Thiago is if thiago refused to accept united's offer. If Thiago and united have accepted to come together, there should be nothing stopping united from getting him.,

Nah its not quite that simple unfortunately otherwise it would already have been done, the clause exists but for non national clubs trying to use it (clubs outside of spain) its not as simple as pay it and get the player, see the Bayern Munich deal for Javi Martinez last summer, there are things like taxes that have to be added on and if the 'selling' club is a totally unwilling seller it all gets very hostile and complicated, it took Bayern weeks to sort it all out, hence why weve been trying to negotiate with Barcelona to keep good relations and make things much more simple, its not as simple as just paying the clause for a foreign club anymore, somtimes they even force the departing player to pay some amount of the taxes, i think thats what Martinez had to do to force his move last year.

If Real Madrid want Thiago then it isnt anywhere near as complicated, they are in that position whereby they pay the clause and if Thiago agrees to go Barcelona can do nothing about it, but thats why i dont see Madrid as a likely option, i cant believe Thiago would do that, wanting to leave for more game time is one thing, but hes not guaranteed that at Madrid anyway and it would taking a giant shit on the people whove made him what he is today, and the fans, it would be 10 times worse than what Figo did.

mixer

Sell him and buy Eriksen for 10M or wait till next year and get him for free

If he wants to go, let him.

Jadentheman

The WC in Brazil is somewhere everyone wanna be and I guess its Mazinho who is pushing for a move rather than Thiago himself.

His dad is probably obsessed with the thought of seeing him in Brazil next year.

Then Mazinho probably shouldn't have pushed him to join La Roja

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Then Mazinho probably shouldn't have pushed him to join La Roja
He probably wants to show his country that his son has become a major part of World's No. 1 team, and that he hasn't made a bad choice by not joining the Brazil NT...

But I don't buy that shit. It's all down to money IMO. One could easily see how his move to a new country would more probably than knot hurt his chances of becoming a starter for Spain NT... One, he will have to adapt to a whole new system. Two, there's an extra pressure of meeting the expectations. Three, Spain system is very similar to Barcelona and there's no better school for him than the blaugrana. And last but definitely not the least, he is actually increasing the game time of Fabregas in midfield which is Thiago's area. If Fabregas gets used to our system, thanks to Thiago gifting him more playing time in the midfield, it is no rocket science to guess who would replace Xavi in the Spain NT :shrug:

Mazinho is no fool not to realize this. At least not his entourage. So in my honest opinion, it's all down to the greed for money why they are forcing the move away from the club

barcanuck

If he joins Bayern he will be again 4th or 5th in line for the midfield positions. No clue wtf is going on with Thiago but hope this crap gets sorted out. At least we kept his brother.

ibePWSSWBW8iJO.gif

Home of Barca Fans