Thiago Alcantara

numero

1012771_10150379023064977_249796688_n.jpg

ARE YOU READY ?? :lol: :lol:

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Thiagos potential wages with us have been going up and up in the spanish press for about a week now, it started at 4.4m, then went up to 5 and 5.5 now its reached 6, now either they havnt got a clue or are doing this for a reason, im taking this as a good sign as im hoping it means its a bitter reaction to losing the player and a club leak to the press to turn the fans on the player and take the heat off the club for losing him, if that does happen, make it appear all about money by highlighting and inflating the numbers.

I think the more negative the press in spain are certainly the local Barca press the better for our chances of signing him oddly enough, the reference to direct hoofball was also a recent attack, sounds like things are happening.

It was reported by AS, a Madrid newspaper that hardly ever prints anything positive about Barca. They also reported before that the deal was nearly "irresistible" for Mazinho. Barcelona probably can't match this offer.

I'll believe Spanish press before I do English press. They're putting him on wages comparable to Xavi and Iniesta but maybe their belief in Thiago to be one of the best players in the Premiership is high. Pressure will be extremely high on him to contribute and right away, no feeling out process at all.

It was reported by AS, a Madrid newspaper that hardly ever prints anything positive about Barca. They also reported before that the deal was nearly "irresistible" for Mazinho. Barcelona probably can't match this offer.

I'll believe Spanish press before I do English press. They're putting him on wages comparable to Xavi and Iniesta but maybe their belief in Thiago to be one of the best players in the Premiership is high. Pressure will be extremely high on him to contribute and right away, no feeling out process at all.

Im not saying they didnt or its not true, i have no idea, all im saying is what Thiago may end up earning seems to change almost daily in the Spanish press, one day its 4m a year the next its 6, you can find 3 different papers with 3 different figures, it suggests that they dont really know.

To be honest i couldn't care less what we pay him id just like it to be over, everyday it isnt i feel hes less and less likely to leave.

Why can't I get rid of the feeling that this saga was conducted by Mazhinho to get more $$$?

Maybe im naive but it dosnt have the feel of a money situation to me, for a few reasons, 1 if its true we're offering him 6 million a year i very much doubt Barca would match or even better those terms so he would just leave anyway no? there wouldnt be any talking with barca hed just go for the money? also if it was about money it wouldn't be Manchester United his father was talking to, it would be a PSG, monaco, Chelsea, City etc, clubs with more money than sense and not a care in the world about high wages, thiago and his father would know there are far more riches on offer outside of either Barca or United if that was the main interest.

He genuinely does seem to want the game time and to be at next years world cup, you can see why a world cup being hosted in the birthplace of his legendary dad is a very big deal for him, he wants to give himself the very best chance of being there, no amount of money changes that.

Vantheman

You're talking about Thiago as if he's confirmed that he's leaving. Neither Thiago, his agent or anyone close to him has even stated his desire to leave. I do believe he will stay at Barcelona.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Maybe im naive but it dosnt have the feel of a money situation to me, for a few reasons, 1 if its true we're offering him 6 million a year i very much doubt Barca would match or even better those terms so he would just leave anyway no? there wouldnt be any talking with barca hed just go for the money? also if it was about money it wouldn't be Manchester United his father was talking to, it would be a PSG, monaco, Chelsea, City etc, clubs with more money than sense and not a care in the world about high wages, thiago and his father would know there are far more riches on offer outside of either Barca or United if that was the main interest.

He genuinely does seem to want the game time and to be at next years world cup, you can see why a world cup being hosted in the birthplace of his legendary dad is a very big deal for him, he wants to give himself the very best chance of being there, no amount of money changes that.

True, but unless he pulls some miracles in Manchester, he is not going to be a starter for Spain in the next World Cup.

True, but unless he pulls some miracles in Manchester, he is not going to be a starter for Spain in the next World Cup.

See i keep seeing this posted but im not sure its that simple, theres far too many variables, for instance whos to know what players will be fit come this time next year? whos to say 2 or 3 previously guaranteed picks dont miss large chunks of the season injured? what happens if 1 or 2 get injured right on the eve of the tournament and have to pull out? or just have a shocking season? a year is a very long time in football so much can change, whod have thought this time last year Michu would be featuring in Spanish squads for example? if half a good season at swansea was good enough to draw Del Bosques attention to Michu how can anyone say a season of great performances for United wouldnt get Thiago noticed??

If Thiagos coming off the back of a great season for United where hes shone through both domestically and in europe and shown he can influence and star in the big games whilst being fully fit and in prime condition he could easily push his way into Spains plans, he might not of course, but youd have to say he has more chance if hes playing regularly and playing well than if hes sat on the bench in and out of the side and missing all the key games, he cant prove himself without the chances and hes not going to get those chances at Barcelona with 3 players ahead of him who will all be picked ahead of him when fit for key games.

I happen to think if this wasnt world cup year and it wasnt being held in Brazil Thiago would probably be convinced to stay, he may still anyway but i think that WC is a big draw for him.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA

Going to Man U will only give Cesc more minutes here and a chance to really solidify his place in the Starting XI for La Roja. I do believe Mazinho wants Thiago to get more minutes and is going to make sure his family gets paid in the process.

This really sucks though, we put all the time and effort into Thiago and his brother just to be shunned by Mazinho the first chance they had to jump @ riches. Even though I think Cesc is a better player technically, I still think Thiago is more suited for Xavi's role and I saw leadership attributes in him. It'll hurt him to see leave, I won't lie.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
See i keep seeing this posted but im not sure its that simple, theres far too many variables, for instance whos to know what players will be fit come this time next year? whos to say 2 or 3 previously guaranteed picks dont miss large chunks of the season injured? what happens if 1 or 2 get injured right on the eve of the tournament and have to pull out? or just have a shocking season? a year is a very long time in football so much can change, whod have thought this time last year Michu would be featuring in Spanish squads for example? if half a good season at swansea was good enough to draw Del Bosques attention to Michu how can anyone say a season of great performances for United wouldnt get Thiago noticed??

If Thiagos coming off the back of a great season for United where hes shone through both domestically and in europe and shown he can influence and star in the big games whilst being fully fit and in prime condition he could easily push his way into Spains plans, he might not of course, but youd have to say he has more chance if hes playing regularly and playing well than if hes sat on the bench in and out of the side and missing all the key games, he cant prove himself without the chances and hes not going to get those chances at Barcelona with 3 players ahead of him who will all be picked ahead of him when fit for key games.

I happen to think if this wasnt world cup year and it wasnt being held in Brazil Thiago would probably be convinced to stay, he may still anyway but i think that WC is a big draw for him.

Michu has never been called up for La Roja.

Juan Mata had an exceptional season for Chelsea and he still barely gets any minutes. If it was truly Mazinho's desire to see Thiago shine @ the 2014 World Cup, they would stay and fight for their spot in Barcelona and try to outplay Cesc every chance they get. With that said, Cesc is a beast of a midfielder.

I think Del Bosque has Cazorla next in line after Xavi and I don't see his play dropping off anytime soon. He's paid his dues on La Roja's bench to be the next in line.

footyfan

Calma, calma
He goes to Man Utd, he improves his chances of going to the World Cup, simple as that. Key word is improve.

He also gets more game time and importantly, more game time in bigger matches.

And he gets more wages.

Perfectly natural for him to think of leaving. "Barca is not a charity" and neither is Thiago a beggar.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

:beer2:

Thiago's a different case from Mata. While Mata is massively impressive at Chelsea, he doesn't fit the tiki-taka possession style of play that Spain play. Thiago on the other hand excels at it, I can bet he'd even bring a spark of that into United's buildup play. One really impressive season coupled with decline/injury in other squad members could lead to a WC callup.

Home of Barca Fans