Thiago Alcantara

Xaviniesta

Why would they need to get rid of Wijnaldum to get Thiago? They work great together imo.

I agree, he is a great midfielder.

there are rumours they are signing thiago because wijnaldum hasn't signed a contract renewal (he has 1 year left on his contract).

they already have fabinho and henderson who are guaranteed starters. keita, wijnaldum, and thiago fighting for the same spot would be mad

serghei

there are rumours they are signing thiago because wijnaldum hasn't signed a contract renewal (he has 1 year left on his contract).

they already have fabinho and henderson who are guaranteed starters. keita, wijnaldum, and thiago fighting for the same spot would be mad

Maybe they will rotate more. Or want to have more options.

I would personally keep Wijnaldum who is also a great player same as Thiago. They are also different profiles. Adding Thiago makes Liverpool candidate for best midfield in the world imo.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Wijnaldum is almost certainly going to agree a pre-contract offer with you guys in January with Thiago doing likewise with us.

This is a scenario that Mel Reddy has suggested could play out and she is basically the most reliable LFC journalist out there. Mind this is a scenario rather than a guarantee of it happening. However it is quite logical when you think about it.

Porque

Supporting what AnfieldEd said, there is a rumour today in Netherlands (according to MD) that Wijnaldum is one of Koeman's requests.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Solid player but having another 30 year old player isn't what this club needs. And yes there have been rumours coming from Netherlands regarding Wijnaldum.

Jay Jay

Solid player but having another 30 year old player isn't what this club needs. And yes there have been rumours coming from Netherlands regarding Wijnaldum.

Solid? He is top 5 midfielder, 29 years old, and the type of player we desperately need. He has at least 3 more WC seasons in his legs.

clemente

Man if he goes to Liverpool they will overhype him like crazy, EPL plus these Liverpool bandwagoners, the whole football social media is gonna be all about Thiago

Home of Barca Fans