Thiago Alcantara

Rory

0vLPMqQ.jpg

Sorry dawgs but I'll never want back someone who was supossed to be our starter and left us to go somewhere else , not even mentioning that signature he put on his farewell leter.

It is a dick move that he left but wasn't there that clause in his contract where he needed a certain amount of minutes and then his buyout clause would have been considerably higher? Instead of giving him the minutes (which weren't that many) we played a mediocre fabregas every game, he turned out well...

khaled_a_d

I want a physical player for the CDM position, but for the CM/AM position I don't see many such players. You have Kai Havertz who I like, but there's some serious questions about his fit and him becoming another Fabregas/Coutinho.

Perhaps Fabian Ruiz, but he'll easily cost 100m+ with him being tied until 2023 and De Laurentiis' reputation as a negotiator.

It depends on the grans scheme of things. Thiago will be 29 so he will need to be replaced in couple of years and will only be a stop gap here.
What are we going in for the market? who is our targets? In general I think we need to get younger and faster. Thiago doesn't fit that.
But, if he would cost 40M (is that an estimated price?) I would go for him if we can't afford to get a high profile player like Ruiz/Havartez while rebuilding our defense and may be getting a new attacker (since we can't enter a summer without buying one)

As for Ruiz, there is a chance that De Laurentiis won't be their owner in the summer so that is huge change if it happens and we could monitor the situation for Ruiz hat could be actually bad news since Al Thani is the one who might buy them

Edit: Contract ends in 2021
40M is way too high for 29 years old Thiago, he is no Hazard for that. 25-30 and you might be on something

Last edited:

Rory

Rather take Eriksen on a free and even bung him €10m signing on fee than sign Thiago thinking about it. Thiago has a similar profile to Arthur, Eriksen is a totally different kind of midfielder, we looked decent going forward yesterday with Aleña and I think it shows having a truly attacking midfielder would really benefit us.

gasgas

Rather take Eriksen on a free and even bung him €10m signing on fee than sign Thiago thinking about it. Thiago has a similar profile to Arthur, Eriksen is a totally different kind of midfielder, we looked decent going forward yesterday with Aleña and I think it shows having a truly attacking midfielder would really benefit us.

What do we do with Messi who plays like an attacking midfielder all the time

KingLeo10

Gloryhunter left us when we were in a bad place and Bayern was at the absolute top of European football.

Only justice we've had more success than Bayern and him since that point, including knocking him out of CL.

:messi:

gasgas

No idea, that's for 24m a season Valverde to find out. Maybe it means he's able to be closer to the goal / his position more.

But Messi loves to have the ball in those positions.
It's natural for him.

Buy a CAM and he will be forced to play as some sort of Paulinho/Vidal

Riordon

Depends on the price. He is without a doubt one of the best CM's in the world. His stats are insane.

Btw DonAK, could Thomas be an option for the DM role you are describing? Also, just a 50m buyout. If we can get Thiago and Thomas for the total price of 90-100, thats damn good business and you get two worldclass players who from day one can contribute, much like De Jong.

Rory

But Messi loves to have the ball in those positions.
It's natural for him.

Buy a CAM and he will be forced to play as some sort of Paulinho/Vidal

Potentially could happen, could also be a great signing. For a free transfer there's low risk involved so I just think it's worth a go

Devils

He would just be wasting his time.

MORIBA would bench him in 1-2 years time anyways, dawg.

MORIBA got next, we coming for the throne.

stk93

thiago is top5 cm in the world, what is wrong with you? he still have 3-4 years to play... one of few midfield who will fit our system like a glove.

George_Costanza

Rakitic and Vidal will probably leave in the summer.

So, I won't mind getting Thiago in an exchange deal involving Coutinho.

2020 Midfield: Busquets, FDJ, Arthur, Alena, Thiago, Puig.

Home of Barca Fans