The squad planning thread

serghei

Whats going on, we considering selling kounde!!!!
Just because we gonna get cancelo?

Selling Kounde for a big fee would be extremely tempting. He is a good passer, sometimes brilliant, but his defensive ability is lacking for me, especially for a 50-60m defender.

But then you need to sign another top defender to improve the squad after losing Kounde, so it's not easy to do that. Especially since Araujo and Christensen aren't expected to play much of the season together due to injuries.

If they will again miss key games in CL, it's time to sell one of them too and sign a more reliable defender. Probably a sale of Christensen would be wise next summer.

The club has no money, so we need to sell to buy other players most likely. It's not like in EPL teams where they can have 50-60m players on the bench in multiple positions.

But of course, Christensen went from being underrated to overrated in like 4-6 months on Barcaforum. So don't expect to receive for him 80m lol or anything close to that :lol:.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Christensen is not over rated.

Under rated by some that try to make others are much more elite though.

Its not all about money.. and Barca dont have same top four pressures as do in EPL to over spend.

Man Utd and Arsenal could spend 400m this summer and barely sign a player that would improve Barca bar maybe Rice and even then FDJ is better than him as are Pedri and Gundo.

Porque

Right so Sell Kounde, keep Lenglet. :lol: ?

I'd see if still genuine interest in Saudi for Longlay and if there is keep him without squad number when window closes.

Then he has to take the Saudi offer in September or stay doing F all till winter.

It's a risk, but no riskier then trying to squeeze 15m or nothing from Spuds which Levy probably choked laughing on his Babka at.

As for the RB. Agree with Fressy and bring in at winter when our FFP is relaxed.

Should be able to get through till then. I give Xavi the same odds to fuck up CL group qualification with or without a signing.

malvolio

I'd sell Christensen. I didn't rate him that much anyway and also injury prone. Plus we would make a profit on him.

Kounde, while he somewhat disappointed, didn't have a decent run at CB either and Xavi fucked around with 3 at the back. And we would take a loss on him and he is not injury prone and he is younger.

Temptation

I'd sell Christensen. I didn't rate him that much anyway and also injury prone. Plus we would make a profit on him.

Kounde, while he somewhat disappointed, didn't have a decent run at CB either and Xavi fucked around with 3 at the back. And we would take a loss on him and he is not injury prone and he is younger.

He's your best defender.

Temptation

Who? Christensen?

Kounde was in the team of the season, on every website or media publication around.

Kounde played RB mostly.

Araujo has the physical tools.

But as a pure defender- in terms of marking, positioning, blocking Christensen is the best at Barca. Great on the ball too.

Unfortunately, he isn't blessed with strength, pace, height and can be bullied at the highest level. Still remember how Lewandowski absolutely bullied and dominated him, Zouma and Rudiger in a CL knockout game.

malvolio

Kounde played RB mostly.

Araujo has the physical tools.

But as a pure defender- in terms of marking, positioning, blocking Christensen is the best at Barca. Great on the ball too.

Unfortunately, he isn't blessed with strength, pace, height and can be bullied at the highest level. Still remember how Lewandowski absolutely bullied and dominated him, Zouma and Rudiger in a CL knockout game.
Kounde made team of the season when played out of position. So a younger, more versatile and healthier player.

And we can still play him CB, a role in which he flourished at Sevilla.

Would be stupid to take a loss on Kounde when Christensen is not some world beater or a player that can reach a better level than the one he's currently showing.

Yeah, we did good in getting him for free and being good for a season. Now cash in if we need the money and buy RB so that we have Araujo-Kounde as starters.

Or sell that bum Garcia and keep Christensen.

Masetro10

Why are people being psychos acting like this is FIFA ultimate team? Selling Kounde would be ultra stupid and not happening anyways.

Balde/Kounde/Araujo/Cancelo is going to be our backline for the next at least 3 years. Christensen will play a lot too simple as that. This might be the best defense Barca has had in a long long time. Don't be messing anything up. Or even promoting it.

Home of Barca Fans