The need for Cesc.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Thank you, i like to write articles and have these convo's but the main thing is Barca and not our views.

Yeah, sure, it's just that I just tend to join in and tell my opinion, perhaps in a way that might seem a little bit Louis van Gaal-like ("I'm right, you should listen to me"). Unintentionally, that is. Anyway, I appreciate your article.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
no need to spend that much money on Cesc when we have JDS and Thiago so close to getting 1st team football. the practical thing to do is to wait for them to develop and then go after Cesc if they flop hard. Especially with Cesc unwilling to hand in a transfer request and Arsene not wanting to allow anything to destroy what is essentially his legacy.

W

woobie

It's a nicely written article (and welcome from me too!) but I agree with others who just aren't convinced it would be a good investment/use of $$$ to spend the fortune Arsenal would surely demand for Fabregas. He's a marvellous player but I think there're equally good options/possibilities already on the Barca books.

W

woobie

Nobody. Being promoted to the first team doesn't mean you're going to start every game.

S

sd006

I agree with all the people who said that Barca should not buy Cesc.

Bergkamp10

So you're suggesting that Barcelona should waste £45m+ buying Fabregas which would increase their debt and then break up the best footballing duo in the world (Xaviesta) in the process? Oh dear....

DucdeOrléans

First of all the debt is not at all as high as Rosell claims it to be. And I am not pro-Laporta. I actually prefer Rosell. Second of all Barcelonas economy is brilliant and guess what? The next general assembly will confirm exactly that and "somehow" proclaim a miraculous improvement.

All of you read those two articles and you will understand why we are in top 2 economic wise.

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2010/05/how-can-barcelona-afford-cesc-fabregas.html

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2010/08/whats-happening-with-barcelonas.html

Bergkamp10

It may not be as high as Rosell claims but I don't think that Barcelona can, at this point, afford to spend £45m+ on a player who will not greatly improve their current starting 11. The only team that can is Manchester City.

DucdeOrléans

Of course they can. For """ sake we just saw it a couple of months ago. The question is whether Pep/the club want's to do it. Obviously Pique and Puyol are ready to welcome Cesc :lol:

Personally I really don't care. We will be fine without him, as we have been since 2003 (the most successful club in Europe) but his arrival would not hurt I guess...

Birdy

The basic problem at the current time is that we dont have a simple man behind XAvi-Iniesta duo, able to create.. (We are running sort of centerbacks, creative mids and attackers..)
Cesc is playing rather in Iniesta position, and he definetely cannot (since today)play Xavi's genius passes nor balance the whole team as he does..
Given Tiago is promoted next year to first team, and Cesc is bought, we would still have problem in XAvi;s place.. And if he is absent, a game with Cec- Iniesta duo would easily fall apart against strong opponents.. Remember that.. Iniesta can play better than Cesc Xavi's role, but even he is not so reliable on the patient passing pattern of Xavi..
Only Dos Santos has a bit of his passing style, but he is still very immature..
Unfortunately Xavi is the king, who cannot be dethrowned easily or replaced easily..

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
There are a two things in the usual Cesc discussions i will never understand ...

1. Why do we deperately need a full 1:1 copy of Xavi in his absence - i.e. why would it fail with a player of similar general quality and style, that might interprete his role a bit different?

2. Regardless of that, why do ppl believe Cesc would not be able to fulfill that role at Barca - seemingly only considering that Cesc plays differently at Arsenal b/c Wenger gave him a different job?

Home of Barca Fans