The Dutch Eredivisie

Peerd

Notorious Demagogue
Not exactly Eredivisie but MVV's period title was amazing. Such joy and happiness. Thousands of people at the home stadium at 0:30 AM to await the players bus as they came back. Amazing moments. And that for a club that was practically bankrupt this summer ;)

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Yeah, MVV are doing quite well....RKC, my howetown club, are doing a decent job as well....but the only reason they're doing well is the fact they've got Boerrigter. I'm so glad that Mertens is still with Utrecht, because otherwise Boerrigter would've gone to Utrecht, leaving RKC with little quality...

Peerd

Notorious Demagogue
Yeah, MVV are doing quite well....RKC, my howetown club, are doing a decent job as well....but the only reason they're doing well is the fact they've got Boerrigter. I'm so glad that Mertens is still with Utrecht, because otherwise Boerrigter would've gone to Utrecht, leaving RKC with little quality...

Yeah I saw him in the stadium last week. You could see he was the best player on the pitch. He just thought he could do everything on his own that game. And that resulted in him being rather easily defended. And MVV of course was 500% motivated for the period title.
I think MVV, Zwolle, Go Ahead Eagles, Cambuur, Sparta and RKC belong in the Eredivisie... much more than Excelsior, VVV, Willem II etc.

Jesse1509

It would be good indeed to have some fresh blood in the Eredivisie...clubs like Sparta belong there. I wouldn't mind if VVV, Willem II, Excelsior and De Graafschap would relegate. Well, they can't all relegate in one season, but still, you get the point. I just don't think any team besides Zwolle will be strong enough to beat one of them, sadly enough...except for Willem II, of course, but they'll relegate directly, I think.

Jesse1509

twente wtf?

They were unlucky today. Not that I mind that, as a PSV fan...Still, I think FC Twente are the most solid of the top teams. Ajax lack mentality/physique, while PSV lack a reliable defense (gk included, at least Ajax have Stekelenburg, and Twente have Wisgerhof and Douglas). And Twente have the best midfield imo. Their only weak spots are the fullbacks, defensively at least. Rosales is a decent wingback in attacking sense, but defensively he tends to screw up. And they haven't got a decent left back...well, maybe Kuiper, but he's injured all the time. And Onyewu is no fullback.

Peerd

Notorious Demagogue
They were unlucky today. Not that I mind that, as a PSV fan...Still, I think FC Twente are the most solid of the top teams. Ajax lack mentality/physique, while PSV lack a reliable defense (gk included, at least Ajax have Stekelenburg, and Twente have Wisgerhof and Douglas). And Twente have the best midfield imo. Their only weak spots are the fullbacks, defensively at least. Rosales is a decent wingback in attacking sense, but defensively he tends to screw up. And they haven't got a decent left back...well, maybe Kuiper, but he's injured all the time. And Onyewu is no fullback.

And they have a better coach than Fredje :D :lol:

Jesse1509

With PSV being the home side, I think they're the favourites for this match. Besides, Ajax is not playing that good lately..and De Boer is still trying the find the best composition of his midfield. On the other hand, some PSV players (Maza, Manolev, Toivonen to a lesser extent) tend to make stupid slip-ups in games like these, so...it'll be a great match, I hope.

Edit: De Zeeuw is definitely out, with brain trauma. So Ajax will probably play with Enoh- De Jong- Eriksen in midfield.

Last edited:

Jesse1509

^ That's in the Dutch second division, so it was kinda strange to see a player do that at that level.

knicks

Do ya feel lucky, punk?
Heracles Almelo [6 - 1] Vitesse Arnhem
two own. goals
two goals from penalty!
and 3 normal goals!

Jesse1509

^ There have been a lot of strange Eredivisie goals this week....Fehér's lucky deflection, Kashia's own goal with his back...and, of course, Arjan 'the Dutch Puyol' Swinkels with a screamer from the edge of the area! How unlikely...

Home of Barca Fans