Tennis

Icarium

Lifestealer
What? As far as I remember Federer Nadal and Agassi did it. I am sure some other players must have done it in 60's.

zanela

I hadn't look in to this thread since I last posted. And I'm now greeted by this gem.

I love reading your posts because i can almost feel your anger and laugh about it,but it saddens me that a person with your attitude cheers for Barca ,i always liked to believe small people belonged at madridista forum.
Shame

So rather than refute my actual comment. You thought fit to get personal and condescending.

Let me help you..

First off, I have been to a madrid forum (thank you very much), and guess what, it wasn't anything diff from this one. Another interesting trivia for you, this forum that you so gladly visit and call your own, was build brick by brick with the help of two resident madridistas.

Secondly, any sporting rivalry provokes raging temper and biased opinions. If you can't handle that, then online forums are not for you.

That said, I'm glad you take time out to read my posts, I expect nothing less. And my emotions are very well captured in my words, totally agree there. Not everyone can be eloquent, lucid and poignant as and when intended. :)

Now I'm going to move on to actual tennis talk...

Delighted for my girl Garbiñe. But she really needs to improve her net play, and employ smarter shot selection than relying on power and aggression.

Was very happy that serena didn't tie graff yet

Nole on the other hand... Nadal's resurgence had gotten my hopes up. But I guess he deserves to join roger and rafa for the career grand slam.

zanela

Was very happy that serena didn't tie graff yet

Nole on the other hand... Nadal's resurgence had gotten my hopes up. But I guess he deserves to join roger and rafa for the career grand slam.

Even during Nadal's prime, I used to be ever skeptical. So post '14 has been tragic for me. :lol: Winning the MC did give me a very small ray of hope but it was quickly evaporated with his subsequent outings in madrid and rome. As much as it pains me, I honestly don't think he'll ever lift another one.

diDi7

I think Djokovic will win the Calendar Slam. He's simply incredible.

For the ladies... I was really appalled by Kerber's first round knock out. Really expected more of her after the Aussi Open, but I did read she had an injury a week or two prior, so I guess shit happens.

I don't want to say that Serena is done, but it must suck losing two Grand Slam finals in a row. Who knows what that will do to her psychologically? Still, GOAT.

Caramel

Tennis is my favourite sport.
The era right now is simply too weak. The only competition Djokovic has is a pathetic mental midget who folds in front of him in almost every single final (has won 2 and lost 8 against him. What an amazing rival and number #2) and a 34 year old who has lost half a step, isn't as fit (incapable of winning a 5 set match against a fitness freak like Djokovic who's 6 years his junior), lost the amazing penetration and accuracy of his legendary forehand from 2004-2007 because of his racquet change and had to reinvent his entire game (he was only able to do so because he is a genius). Joke.
Youngsters should have shown up by now but like Federer said :' I don't even know if they're actually even trying'.
Hopefully Kyrgios stops being a mess in and out of the court and steps up. he's amazingly talented, shame his head isn't entirely there. I'm really tired of Murray's and Djokovic's boring playing styles, we need aggressive tennis back not ball retrievers who stay 5 feet behind the baseline.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

[tw]740559755538763776[/tw]

Guess she'll retire now. Banned for 2 years.

Home of Barca Fans