Takefusa Kubo

El Gato

Villarato!
He joined because of Messi? You don't know that. Japan has been a Barca country for ages, one of the most famous characters in the Japanese comics book "Capitain Tsubasa" which started published in the 80's joined Barca and for many years we are the most popular European club in Japan. Even if he did join Barca because of Messi, so what?

You are quite pathetic to insinuate that his family somehow was pissed at us because he allegedly joined illegally. You don't know that for a fact, you are just speculating. Judging from the reaction of the American youth player who had to leave Barca when we were sanctioned several years ago, they were more mad at FIFA for not letting him to stay with us than getting upset with us for signing them "illegally".

Take a decision for himself? Their own futures? Yeah right. Like De Ligt, this kid cares about money and went to the highest bidder. It is about money, fame, status in addition to his career.

Anyways, hope that he flops big time for you.

Haha. Sure, he studied the shit out of 'mes que un club' and has Xavi posters on his wall. Definitely. Lol.

Sure, I'm speculating. What is likely is that they were pissed at a 'stupid rule' even though many clubs are guilty of it and it makes sense it exists. So who's in the wrong here? What do you think is more likely his camp felt in the end given they probably are vaguely aware who Rossell is by now.

De Ligt is one of the most savvy 18 year olds in football right now. In fact, many youngsters who make it big these days are very very smart, much more so than 20 years ago when it was mostly about the fame. That is why Madrid target these specific names like Vinicius and Rodrygo who are super articulate and mature for their age. Must hurt to know he gives no shits if he makes it at Barcelona rather than somewhere else like all of Ajax MUST DO(!) just because of the Cruyff label :lol:

It's amazing. Not the first time you go ahead and throw this traitor bollocks around. Remember how you wished Vinicius gets injured? I 'member lol.

Haha. Sure, he studied the shit out of 'mes que un club' and has Xavi posters on his wall. Definitely. Lol.

Sure, I'm speculating. What is likely is that they were pissed at a 'stupid rule' even though many clubs are guilty of it and it makes sense it exists. So who's in the wrong here? What do you think is more likely his camp felt in the end given they probably are vaguely aware who Rossell is by now.

De Ligt is one of the most savvy 18 year olds in football right now. In fact, many youngsters who make it big these days are very very smart, much more so than 20 years ago when it was mostly about the fame. That is why Madrid target these specific names like Vinicius and Rodrygo who are super articulate and mature for their age. Must hurt to know he gives no shits if he makes it at Barcelona rather than somewhere else like all of Ajax MUST DO(!) just because of the Cruyff label :lol:

It's amazing. Not the first time you go ahead and throw this traitor bollocks around. Remember how you wished Vinicius gets injured? I 'member lol.

Are you saying that it isn't possible for a foreigner to have affection for Barcelona? I read somewhere that the only reason Madrid has slightly more fans than Barca is because of the huge differences in India and Arabia (there are about 8 times the number of RM fans there than Barca fans). Are those Arabians, Indians attracted by the philosophy of Madridismo or just attracted by the recent CL wins?

El Gato

Villarato!
Are you saying that it isn't possible for a foreigner to have affection for Barcelona?

No I am not. Read again.

10 year old winger doesn't join Barcelona for anything else than a chance to follow in the steps of his idol. If Messi played for Inter and Kubo joined their youth setup, we wouldn't be sitting here thinking how he developed affection for Inter as a club.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

So he didn't like Barca at all but was exploited and duped by Barca to join? What do you really know about him other than speculating? Why couldn't he like Barca to begin with? Do you think he was that great when he was 13, Barca scouts went all the way to Japan to force him to go to La Masia? Chances are he liked Barca since the beginning for whatever reason and his parents, like the parents of all those foreigner youngsters contacted the club and wanted to see if he has a shot to join the academy. Much more plausible.

What his camp felt in the end? Bitter that he had to leave, I bet. Why would they feel bitter toward Barca? Those 4 years were not wasted at all, he learned and improved, it was much better than spending those 4 years in another academy, certainly better than staying in Japan. Why is this so hard to understand?

You are taking a shot at us simply because you signed the kid. Prior to that you knew absolutely nothing about him and didn't care a bit about him. Your schadenfreude is getting the better of you.

So what I wish him to flop? So what I wanted Vinicius to get injured? There is still hope.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
No I am not. Read again.

10 year old winger doesn't join Barcelona for anything else than a chance to follow in the steps of his idol. If Messi played for Inter and Kubo joined their youth setup, we wouldn't be sitting here thinking how he developed affection for Inter as a club.

Total speculation and yet you are not ashamed of selling it.

I envy your self-esteem.

Even if you were right, what is wrong with joining a club or a team because your idol plays for it?

El Gato

Villarato!
So he didn't like Barca at all but was exploited and duped by Barca to join? What do you really know about him other than speculating? Why couldn't he like Barca to begin with? Do you think he was that great when he was 13, Barca scouts went all the way to Japan to force him to go to La Masia? Chances are he liked Barca since the beginning for whatever reason and his parents, like the parents of all those foreigner youngsters contacted the club and wanted to see if he has a shot to join the academy. Much more plausible.

(...)

You are taking a shot at us simply because you signed the kid. Prior to that you knew absolutely nothing about him and didn't care a bit about him. Your schadenfreude is getting the better of you.

You're asking me 'why couldn't he like Barca' while calling him a traitor. Mate, burden of proof is on you - show that he did like Barca and he's not like all the other kids who don't give a slightest toss about the colours in their early teens. Bar the anecdotal evidence of some special hipster kid who wants to be different from all the others, it's overwhelmingly obvious 95% of the kids worldwide wear shirts of the most popular players that they idolise. Many wore Ronaldinho and Henry's kit along with Zidane's in the 2000s.

PS You bet your ass I am taking a shot at Barcelona. Because Barto and his cronies running it deserve to be mocked. By proxy, I am also mocking anybody that likes to justify their strategy of not matching the offer for a prospect who spent 4 years in your youth setup and then grew into the biggest prospect of Japanese league.

But to get back to the core issue -
I wasn't the one to start speculating. You did. By assuming Kubo is a Barca-through-and-through kid who has now BETRAYED THE SHIRT. Haha.

So what I wanted Vinicius to get injured? There is still hope.

!
:lol:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You're asking me 'why couldn't he like Barca' while calling him a traitor. Mate, burden of proof is on you - show that he did like Barca and he's not like all the other kids who don't give a slightest toss about the colours in their early teens. Bar the anecdotal evidence of some special hipster kid who wants to be different from all the others, it's overwhelmingly obvious 95% of the kids worldwide wear shirts of the most popular players that they idolise. Many wore Ronaldinho and Henry's kit along with Zidane's in the 2000s.

PS You bet your ass I am taking a shot at Barcelona. Because Barto and his cronies running it deserve to be mocked. By proxy, I am also mocking anybody that likes to justify their strategy of not matching the offer for a prospect who spent 4 years in your youth setup and then grew into the biggest prospect of Japanese league.

But to get back to the core issue -
I wasn't the one to start speculating. You did. By assuming Kubo is a Barca-through-and-through kid who has now BETRAYED THE SHIRT. Haha.

!
:lol:

Bullshit. You are claiming that a former Barca academy player didn't like Barca at all (yet he joined us instead of other academies) and you are asking me to provide burden of proof that he liked Barca? If he didn't like Barca why would he go there in the first place? Do you have any sense of logic and shame, Wolfe? I am asking you again, so what if he joined because of Messi or some other idol? That shows he didn't like Barca but he only liked Messi or his idol?

What has Barca done that deserves to be mocked here? The kid wanted a guaranteed first team spot in the 20/21 season, we can't guarantee that and you guys did. The kid wanted 1m salary which nobody apparently in La Masia and Barca B is making, the club refused. So? What did they do wrong that deserved to be mocked?

If he was a former Real Madrid player and he went to join Barca I'd have called him a traitor too, if I were a Real Madrid fan, no matter why he joined the club in the first place.

Yes, you heard me right, there is still time for Kubo to flop and for Vinicius to get injured. Plenty of time.

https://www.sport-english.com/en/ne...-is-joining-real-madrid-and-not-barca-7504363

El Gato

Villarato!
Bullshit. You are claiming that a former Barca academy player didn't like Barca at all (yet he joined us instead of other academies) and you are asking me to provide burden of proof that he liked Barca? If he didn't like Barca why would he go there in the first place? Do you have any sense of logic and shame, Wolfe? I am asking you again, so what if he joined because of Messi or some other idol? That shows he didn't like Barca but he only liked Messi or his idol?

Yep. 90% Messi connection, 10% that it's the same team as that one Tsubasa (who ironically is modelled after Maradona and for all its worth looks similar to Messi) played for. Mostly Messi. It's how the world works Luft. Kids under 15 don't care for the shirt, they care for the player.

The kid wanted a guaranteed first team spot in the 20/21 season, we can't guarantee that and you guys did.

We don't know that. All we can safely assume is that we offered more than you. And that involves a safe assumption he wouldn't have to rot at Barca B until you decided he'd be more useful loaned out to some top-tier team.

If he was a former Real Madrid player and he went to join Barca I'd have called him a traitor too, if I were a Real Madrid fan, no matter why he joined the club in the first place.

18 year old traitor!
Please get injured Vinicius you money grabbing whore!

I'm tired of this man. This narrative is too wholesome for me.

Devils

Still stunned how Real MAdrid do business.

Hazard, Militao, Mendy, Jovic, Kubo all in a few weeks.

Wish I supported this club. Just amazing.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yep. 90% Messi connection, 10% that it's the same team as that one Tsubasa (who ironically is modelled after Maradona and for all its worth looks similar to Messi) played for. Mostly Messi. It's how the world works Luft. Kids under 15 don't care for the shirt, they care for the player.

We don't know that. All we can safely assume is that we offered more than you. And that involves a safe assumption he wouldn't have to rot at Barca B until you decided he'd be more useful loaned out to some top-tier team.

18 year old traitor!
Please get injured Vinicius you money grabbing whore!

I'm tired of this man. This narrative is too wholesome for me.

By the way, I am not sure how much Figo liked us when he joined us from Sporting. Chances were he thought he would have better opportunities here compared to other clubs. Maybe even money. Maybe he didn't like us at all. It didn't matter, when he left us for Real Madrid fans still called him a traitor.

Yes, there is still plenty of time for my wishes to come true.

El Gato

Villarato!
By the way, I am not sure how much Figo liked us when he joined us from Sporting. Chances were he thought he would have better opportunities here compared to other clubs. Maybe even money. Maybe he didn't like us at all. It didn't matter, when he left us for Real Madrid fans still called him a traitor.

Yes, there is still plenty of time for my wishes to come true.

FIGO! He's now Figo!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, I had to reply, but I'm out now. This killed me.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
FIGO! He's now Figo!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, I had to reply, but I'm out now. This killed me.

Not saying he will reach Figo's height (figuratively and literally) but just using Figo as an example of former Barca player joining Real Madrid.

Do I need to prove to you that Figo joined Barca because he liked us? Perhaps he shouldn't be called a traitor either because he never liked us? hahaha

FC433

Still stunned how Real MAdrid do business.

Hazard, Militao, Mendy, Jovic, Kubo all in a few weeks.

Wish I supported this club. Just amazing.

You are one of the reasons that make me active here. I like your presence, it is very refreshing and pleasant.

Benzema10

Official Lyon representative
signed him for free, Perez masterclass

This guy is something, japanese league is maybe low lvl league but this player, his way of running with the ball and shooting ability is good. Now we have to see how that works out in Europe. I believe someone with that kind of 1st touch can't be a bad player.

Will he stay in madrid or will be loaned out ?

FC433

Apparently, Madrid got him for free. His contract just ended a few weeks ago. Barca relied on transfermarket and thought that his contract was ending in January 2020. Although I believe that he is a very talented and marketable player, it is not the end of the world. I am hoping that Konrad de la Fuente will not make miss Kubo that much.

I have watched Barca B a lot the past decade and a little bit of JA. I do believe that both of them currently do not have not great but just decent players. Almost 90% of the players in JA and Barca B are not even Segunda teams' level let alone our first team.

We need to start focusing on buying players aged 17-19 for Barca B just like CFC and other teams. We lack wingers in our academy and there are plenty of them in Europe. I am quite sure that most of them will be happy to play for Barca B.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans